PDA

View Full Version : What does it [renting out DL] cost?

MrsPooh
11-26-2004, 06:53 AM
I just got my Disney Insider email, and there is an "Ask Dave" question where someone asks about the time that Liz Taylor rented out DL for her birthday.

Got me wondering: Anyone know what the cost is for renting out all of DL? Not that I have the fundage to ever do that, I have just wondered what the price would be.

Besides, you never know when you might get a "Brewster's Millions" inheritence with a clause! ;)

Of course, then I would have to invite my favorite Mouse Padders! :D

CoasterChickie
11-26-2004, 07:27 AM
Don't know what it costs or if you'll ever pull it off, but I hope I'm on your guest list!! ;) And of course, you'll be on mine if I should ever win the millions!! :D

HorizonsA
11-26-2004, 08:11 AM
I know it would costs A LOT to rent out the entire park. But the cost comes down if you rent the park for like a few hours and have a select few rides open for a private party.

We once stayed at Disneyland till closing but the Astro Orbitor and Star Tours were still letting people in, even trhough it was well after midnight. We saw people going through the Castle, so obviously there was a private party going on but we didn't know it. I'm sure if you call Disneyland you can get more info.

kisroo
11-26-2004, 09:27 AM
I'm MrsPooh's new best friend, right? Right?

Helloooooooo????

;)
I'm sure it's amazingly expensive~but I'll put you all on my list when I win the Powerball, if you'll put me on yours! :D

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 09:29 AM
I do know one night when I was working at DCA..a couple had thier wedding reception at DCA..they had full use of sorin over california..had their cocktails at hollywood and dine and dancing and dinner at animation..I asked a security guard about how much it was..he said he was told that was about $100,000 for the evening..WOW.. I thought these people got to be rich...(it did include their wedding though)..they were married at a gazebo at the disneyland hotel..but still WOW!!!!!!!! I think my wedding cost me about $300..(we had a small small one since its the 2nd marriage for the both of us)

MrsPooh
11-26-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't need to know the price bad enough to call and ask, I was just curious. One of those things to think (and dream) about!

Coaster Chickie, of course you'd be on that list! As would Victoria! ;)

The rest of you.....well......I'm thinking......... ;) Just kidding! We'd all have to go party if I won that lotto! Of course, I guess you gotta play if you want to win!

Earkid
11-26-2004, 12:42 PM
This is an example of that saying:

"If you have to ask you can't afford it."

LOL

kbanmen
11-26-2004, 03:48 PM
it is nice to dream though isnt it..wish I could remarry at disney and rent out part of it..that would be my dream

sunnyca
11-27-2004, 01:15 PM
I remember the night that Liz Taylor rented out DL. I was there with my school because our orchestra was performing at Carnation Plaza and we could only stay till 6pm because the park closed early to get ready. But they took us in the back of DL on a tram and showed us all the preparations for the party as well as showing us some of the behind the scene stuff...such as costumes, etc. I doubt DL lets any non-CM get a peek in the back....good times!

Disneyland2004
11-27-2004, 01:24 PM
it cost 3.5 million for that night to rent it out and about 3/4 of the rides were open. thats all i found out. ill email DLR to find out how much it would cost to rent out for like 8 hours.