PDA

View Full Version : Club Buzz Music

nightdesigns
11-24-2004, 04:50 PM
I try to make it a point to stop by Club Buzz and catch a few minutes of the band that is currently playing.

My first stop, i got Scot Bruce, and as you know from my threads, he was awesome.

And it went downhill from there

A couple of weeks ago I caught Brooke Willks, ugh man. Cover band. I think the sound guy was intentionally doing a horrible mix to cover up her lack of singing ability. I felt bad getting up to leave because her entire family was sitting behind us!

Last week it was sandbox; another cover-band. Hard to believe, but it was worse than Brooke. Ironically, both bands opened with the same song, and it went downhill from there. She tried to sing an Evanescence song, and failed miserably. Another horrible audio mix too.

(Side note: I caught the last show [4th that day, last in a series for the weekend] that they'd be able to get the audio mix down)

I'm yet to see these bands, anyone care to let me know if they're worth catching:
The MVP's, 80z all stars, Voyager, Party Central (X-mas break), The Basix (X-mas Break), Soto (New-Years).

Bring back the fab-four!

Thanks.

averagedork
11-24-2004, 09:23 PM
My friend LOVES Party Central. I am not a big fan or even a fan of them, but I will say my friend loves them. Um... the 80's All-Stars has groupies/ major fans. I think they're worth a listen only to sing along with and remember where you were when you first heard that song and then fell old.

missm
11-25-2004, 03:17 PM
Is there a way to find out what bands are coming up at DLR?

kbanmen
11-25-2004, 03:18 PM
THe band I like that has played there is the fab 4 (think that is their name) they sound just like the beattles..they were playing alot there about 2 years ago and were really really good

Disneyfreak
11-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Club Buzz needs to be burned to the ground. I hate club buzz with its gaudy look. I am also against the new Buzz Lightyear ride because it is the same junky bright colors.

AlohaJulie
11-26-2004, 08:53 AM
THe band I like that has played there is the fab 4 (think that is their name) they sound just like the beattles..they were playing alot there about 2 years ago and were really really good

How I miss the Fab Four at Club Buzz! They are one of the best Beatles cover bands, stuff like Sandbox and the other generic pop bands are ok, but the Fab Four were awesome. Too bad they don't come back.

It seems that the current Club Buzz motif has been up for a few years, and I've forgotten what the old Tomorrowland Terrace looked like!

blewellen
11-26-2004, 09:52 PM
Does the performances at Club Buzz get cancelled if it rains? I am coming down to see Scot Bruce perform Saturday night but it looks like the weather might be rainy. Thanks for any information!

Take Care,

Brenda

11-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Ranks a rot. Now I have:

He is a winner
He's never late for dinner

stuck in brain.