PDA

View Full Version : A Theory - Passholder night and...

jiminycesq
11-24-2004, 04:24 PM
You know, I am one of those people who thinks about things that might be. And I recall, although I dont have it at hand, that the AP Newsletter said something about watching for a special announcement.

I wonder if there will be an AP night when they start doing previews of Buzz Lightyear in the spring? Or even earlier? They were usually in the early part of the year, but it's been years ... and now it would be probably all online ticketing, instead of going to the park to buy tickets. Perhaps new management doesnt bear illwill toward AP's for the Light Magic event reaction - after all, time proved AP's right on that one. Although I do think some conduct was uncalled for, but you get that with the general public as well these days. Maybe the newsletter hint shows that all is forgiven?

I also recall (and had wondered in another thread, so I am still postulating here) if that Thomas Kinkade castle painting might be offered as a print at an evening AP event? That would sure be a nifty tie in for the 50th. I want to see before I buy, however .. and know the price! They have had event exclusive prints before, such as the Chuck Ballew Indiana Jones artwork back in ... wow, 1995!

Maybe I am reaching too much on this, but ... I think its a possibility for both! Something is brewing, I know it! Inquiring minds want to know .... time will tell! When you wish upon a star .... your dreams come true! Let's wish!

Bruce Bergman
11-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Now that there's a whole new DL Resort management team headed by Matt Quimet on board, an AP Night is once again a possibility. :cool: Let's hope that they can do one for the "Soft Open" of Buzz Lightyear. (Conversely, let's all hope it's worth hyping.)

With Paul and Cynthia running the DL Parks, AP Special Events were never going to happen again - They put out shows and parks that were far less than they could have done, and then they took it personally when we let them know about it. :confused:

They pushed Light Magic into production when the show was nowhere near complete or ready (technically or thematically), but they had already boxed themselves in by announcing start dates and doing a Vons Markets tie-in - then they held the Passholders responsible for the ice-cold reception and eventual failure... I won't dredge it all up here again, but go search through the archives and you'll get your eyes opened. :eek:

And then add in the lukewarm reception of Disney's California Adventure - because they scrimped so much, and it showed. (Example: SuperStar Limo. What were they thinking?? :rolleyes: ) 2-Park AP's would not sell when they offered people a DL-Only choice, so they had to give AP's DCA for free to get us in there the first few years.

But it looks like Matt is getting things fixed, which is good news.

:fez: --<< Bruce >>--