PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland CM choir

kbanmen
11-23-2004, 04:33 PM
Does anyone know about how to join this choir? DO they hold auditions like the disney shows or can anyone join? If anyone has information would you mind letting me know. I would love to join it..thanks

tod
11-23-2004, 04:56 PM
Check with Entertainment. When The Lovely Mrs. tod and I joined the Cast Member Choir (she was at MAPO, that's how long ago it was) the Disneyland people were part of the "Disneyland Madrigals," an onstage performing group, if memory serves.

That's where I would start.

--t

kbanmen
11-23-2004, 05:02 PM
where would the entertainment area be? I am not sure where that is. Are you still part of the choir ..

thanks for helping me out todd

tod
11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
where would the entertainment area be? I am not sure where that is. Are you still part of the choir ..

thanks for helping me out todd

That was 20 years ago. I have no idea where you would even look. Find somebody in the Entertainment Department and ask them.

--t

evrythngwmn
11-24-2004, 03:30 AM
It seems you've missed it for this year. Here's some info from the cast portal. It's a good place to go for cast member info.

Cast Choir/Madrigals
Date: 06/21/2004

The Cast Choir performs in the annual Candlelight Presentation as the Living Christmas Tree. This group meets Thursday nights from September to December. (Watch the Disneyland® Resort LINE for seasonal information.) Attendance at rehearsals is required in order to perform. The Madrigals is a select group of singers from the larger Cast Choir. This group sings at Company and community events during the holiday season.

kbanmen
11-24-2004, 08:03 AM
thanks for the info

Ulysses
11-29-2004, 02:03 AM
rehearsals begin in September for each year's Candlelight performances.

Watch the cast guide and look for flyers in your work area in early September next year. If your work area is not cooperative, keep an eye on the cast portal and/or ask around persistently until you find someone who sings in the choir.

There is an audition; this determines your likelihood of appearing (1) in the "Christmas tree" of cast members; (2) as a "row leader" shepherding high school and church choirs; (3) as a fill-in for missing member of #2 above; (4) as not performing. Faithful attendance at reherasals does count.

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 06:30 AM
thanks for the info..so only in spetember they audition??

ToursbabeC3po
11-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Yes Auditions are over for this year. They are almost done for the year. ((((((((((hugs))))))))
Toursbabe

kbanmen
11-29-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok I will keep my ears and eyes open for next years's auditions (come september) thanks for the help