PDA

View Full Version : Extended Stay (Anaheim Convention Center)

mystycalchyk
11-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Ok So I am officially scared.

I just cancelled my reservations for Christmas at our regular hotel, and changed them to the Extended Stay (http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/default.asp?HotelID=543) at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Im totally nervous about it, but we are trying to cut costs everywhere we can. And they booked me at $67.44 a night!!! :eek: The hotel is owned by Marriott (IIRC) and was built in 2002, so seriously how bad can it be?

has anyone ever stayed there?

I stayed at one once in Phoenix and LOVED the fact that it has a full kitchen (full sized fridge, stove and everything, plus all cooking and eating utensils) and it was very nice IMO.
We always save a ton of money by eating in our room, but thus far have always been limited to microwavey type stuff...this will seriously increase our cookability :)
But since Ive never stayed at this particular one Im nervous.

We have always stayed ultra close (across the street, so we can walk everywhere) because we never have a car (we always fly) but with the fact that we are driving this year....did I mention the amazing rental car rates I got from Enterprise?? $24.99 a day for a full size sedan! Goodness! :eek: who can beat that? So anyway, we are driving and since our parking is free (Premium APs) why not stay a bit further away and be able to cook and for cheaper???

So? Any clue how far this is? and has anyone had any experience there?

please do tell and ease my troubled ickle mind.

*chews nails*

Oh and I tentatively went ahead and booked our trips in May '05 and in July '05 there too, just in case we do end up liking it...but I havent cancelled those reservations with our regular hotel yet.

*chews nails some more*

so far now our trip is

approx $300 for the room (with tax)
$150 for the car
we figure $100 for gas
thats $550.

then all we need is food...which I can buy some stuff a little a time and spread it out and bring it with us in a cooler...and then the biggie, renewing the APs (a staggering $600) ughh

*chews nails completely off*

Mommy2NicknMax
11-23-2004, 04:00 PM
We stay there in August. Both in 2003 and 2004. It's fine. It is just like any other Extended Stay hotel. The walk is longer than staying accross from the crosswalk but we did it four times a day in August w/a 4 year old and a 2 year old. If you like walking (I LOVE walking) then you won't mind.

We have to stay there b/c of our kids special needs and special dietary needs. We cook almost all their meals while we're there. The only bad thing I noticed last time I was there was a few teens hanging out in the parking lot. But that was during the afternoon and I only saw them once.

I don't know if we'll stay there again in Aug 2005 or not. With the kids getting older we were thinking of staying closer. But I would certainly consider staying there again.

Oh also they took money off our bill too. We stayed 6 nights but since it's a weekly rate we were originally told it would be $300 but we got a $50 refund. I thought that was pretty cool of them. Technically they could have charged us the nightly rate instead (which is alway higher).

Darkbeer
11-23-2004, 05:40 PM
Could you post the EXACT dates of your visit, so we can check other places for rates....

Mermaid
11-23-2004, 06:34 PM
I (unfortunately) work for Enterprise and am worried about your rate. That sounds like a weekend special which usually only runs Fri-Mon. Usually it goes up to the regular rate after that. You also only get 150 miles a day with that rate, but it seems like you are renting for 5 days (maybe??) so you would have 750 miles before paying extra, which from Flag would be pretty close. If that is not the case... you have an amazing rate!!! BTW I say unfortunately b/c it is not a great place to work, but is a good place to rent. I am putting in my two weeks when I get back from DL but I will continue to rent from them after I quit. They are often the cheapest rates out there with the best service!

mystycalchyk
11-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Mommy2NicknMax - thanks so much for your input. Its comforting to know at least that someone has stayed there and isnt screaching from terror at the roachiness. ;) (or whatever)
All we ask is a clean place to lay our heads and a shower...I dont spend a ton of time in the room. Oh and we wont really be walking to and from the hotel. Since with our APs the parking is free we will park in Mickey & Friends. And cooking our meals is really going cut down on oor cost. Like I said, we normally do.... but with limitations, this will make it so much more appealing. (Being able to cook real meals)

Darkbeer our dates, for the car rental is picking up Tuesday PM December 28th, and returning early in the AM on Monday January 3rd. According to them that is only 5 days rental, since they go on a 24 hour basis. tues to wed = 1 day, wed to thurs = 2 days and so on. Since we are dropping it off early in the AM on Monday we dont get charged for that day. And for the hotel we are checking in on Wednesday December 29th and checking out Sunday January 2nd (4 nights).

and last but not least mermaid I know its a good rate. Im an Allstate Insurance Agent and I get special rates. I have it in writing so Im pretty comfortable that they will honor it. We have rented from them many times in the past (neither of our vehicles are relaible anough to make that trip) and have always been pretty happy (not the case with Budget rental). Sorry to hear they arent a great company to work for....why is it so bad?

danyoung
11-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Just a heads up - if you're flying into LAX and renting from Enterprise there, their rental desk is a few miles away from the airport, and you have to take a van trip there (well, all rentals in LAX are off site, but Enterprise is farther than most). Also, on my one time renting from them, I found their selection really limited, and their midsize car very inferior to what other agencies call a midsize (no power windows, simple AM/FM radio, no cruise control, etc). It's still worth it with that great rate, but I just didn't want you to be disappointed.

Enjoy!

mystycalchyk
11-24-2004, 08:47 AM
thanks :) but actually we are not flying at all, we are driving from Flag to Disneyland :). If we were flying we would just stay at our regular hotel that is just across the street and walk everywhere (as we normally do)

danyoung
11-24-2004, 11:18 AM
Sorry - didn't catch that. Never heard of Flag. So you're renting from home to drive to DL? Guess I was cornfuzed.

mystycalchyk
11-24-2004, 11:19 AM
sorry Flag = Flagstaff Arizona, and yes we are renting here and driving to CA.

Mermaid
11-24-2004, 04:57 PM
You know what is funny- as I was going to bed, thinking about something totally unrelated- I remembered you said you were an insurance agent at some point. The lightbulb went on and thus the rate!!! Yeah, that is the Allstate rate!! I am leaving because it is $10/hr 50-60 hours a week. we work at least every other Saturday and we get yelled at ALL THE TIME! My branch's score for completly satisfied customers is at 90% (pretty much unheard of to be that high). On Saturday I was told that "I would be personally responsible if a customer's identity was stolen" (by her, not enterprise) because I put her ccard info in the shredder instead of giving it to her after she wrecked our truck. All this and you need a college degree to work at Enterprise. Although, the real reason I am leaving is I want to teach and need more time to get my certificate. Okay- sorry abouth the derail!!

mystycalchyk
11-24-2004, 05:01 PM
you need a college degree to work there??

:eek: who knew?