PDA

View Full Version : Ashes in DL?

D-lander 1956
11-23-2004, 01:34 PM
A friend of mine says that when she dies, she wants her husband to sprinkle a small amount of her ashes from the Mark Twain into the Rivers of America! And she was dead serious! (sorry for the pun)

I can't imagine this happening, but it really got me wondering if this happens. With as many Disney freaks that are out there, I'm sure this has cropped up before or is a lot of people's last wishes?!?!?

I would think that "ash scattering" is regulated with some sort of permits or permission. I can't imagine DL ever agreeing to this request! Anyone?

I know this is a weird thread, but I just had to share . . . :rolleyes:

Surfingstitch
11-23-2004, 01:35 PM
Wow,

I never thought of that. I wonder if that is allowed?

Emma
11-23-2004, 01:37 PM
No, it's not allowed.

If memory serves, they had to close down the HM once, because an old woman was spreading her son's ashes in there, and they got nervous because it was a "white powder"

The sad thing is, if you were to spread ashes around in an attraction, they'd really just end up ina Hoover Vaccuum bag for eternity.

*It's a nice idea though.

Opus1guy
11-23-2004, 01:38 PM
I was told my a Disneyland manager once that they get lots of requests for this (which are declined).

But it is known that lots of folks go ahead and do it anyway.

I don't know if anyone has been officially caught and stopped from doing this. I never asked that question.

Jewels
11-23-2004, 02:30 PM
That may be difficult if you do get caught spreading ashes. The state of CA considers human remains to be hazardous. And you are required to get a permit to spread ashes. You must also get a written ok from the property owner or city to place ashes in a public place. We even had to get permits to put ashes at sea. Of course I am sure people do not follow the rules most of the time. But having worked for a cemetery I do know people are fined for spreading ashes with out a permit all the time. It’s just a matter of if you feel lucky enough not to get caught.

tinklover25
11-23-2004, 02:38 PM
My dh aunts dad is in POTC it's nice to know he is still with us on family vacations. I say if it doesn't bother anyone let it be. It's more for the family then anything.

itig
11-23-2004, 03:30 PM
OK, I have to ask...what does "DH" stand for?

Sheila
11-23-2004, 03:55 PM
OK, I have to ask...what does "DH" stand for?

It stands for "Dear Husband". :)

Edit to add: Oops, it's not in the acronyms thread! DH, along with DW (dear wife), DS (dear son) and DD (dear daughter) are part of a long list of acronyms that are used all over internet message boards. I think Lani's acronyms thread has a link to general abbreviations. It's always something, ain't it... :D

Sheila

itig
11-23-2004, 04:21 PM
It stands for "Dear Husband". :)

Edit to add: Oops, it's not in the acronyms thread! DH, along with DW (dear wife), DS (dear son) and DD (dear daughter) are part of a long list of acronyms that are used all over internet message boards. I think Lani's acronyms thread has a link to general abbreviations. It's always something, ain't it... :D

Sheila

Thanks - I had a feeling it had something to do with the word "husband" based on the context of how people use it, but the only "D" word I could come up with was "Disney" :) I'll have to tell my DW how enlightened I'm becoming here.

CoasterChickie
11-23-2004, 04:24 PM
Derail....those are the cutest little boys in Itig's avatar!! :)

itig
11-24-2004, 07:48 AM
Derail....those are the cutest little boys in Itig's avatar!! :)

aw shucks :) Thanks Chickie...

danyoung
11-24-2004, 08:37 AM
I've always said I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread over Cindy Crawford. We'll see how that goes . . .

D-lander 1956
11-24-2004, 09:07 AM
I've always said I want to be cremated and have my ashes spread over Cindy Crawford. We'll see how that goes . . .

Mmmmmm . . . somehow, I don't think she would give you permission or even like that, dead or alive . . . :~D

Opus1guy
11-24-2004, 09:44 AM

Personally, I'd prefer to remain alive and be spread over Cindy Crawford. We'll see how that goes . . . ;)

Emma
11-24-2004, 09:44 AM

LOL! :fez:

experiment626
11-24-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanks - I had a feeling it had something to do with the word "husband" based on the context of how people use it, but the only "D" word I could come up with was "Disney" :)
The D can mean a whole list of things depending...D can mean Disney, Dear, Dumb, Drunk, fill in the D with whatever word you want.

danyoung
11-24-2004, 11:16 AM
Mmmmmm . . . somehow, I don't think she would give you permission or even like that, dead or alive . . . :~D

Hey, who's gonna ask for permission? It'll be a drive by spreading . . . . .

DLRCM
11-24-2004, 12:17 PM
No, it's not allowed.

If memory serves, they had to close down the HM once, because an old woman was spreading her son's ashes in there, and they got nervous because it was a "white powder"

The sad thing is, if you were to spread ashes around in an attraction, they'd really just end up ina Hoover Vaccuum bag for eternity.

*It's a nice idea though.

This is correct. It has actually happened quite a few times at the Haunted Mansion. And yes, it is sad because all the ashes get swept up by custodial anyways. What's the point?

the mad hatter
11-24-2004, 12:25 PM
This is correct. It has actually happened quite a few times at the Haunted Mansion. And yes, it is sad because all the ashes get swept up by custodial anyways. What's the point?

That's why you have to skillfully fill a water baloon with part water, part ashes and chuck in into the cemetary scene so that you know they wouldn't be able to find/clean every speck of it....lol.

D-lander 1956
11-24-2004, 01:21 PM
That's why you have to skillfully fill a water baloon with part water, part ashes and chuck in into the cemetary scene so that you know they wouldn't be able to find/clean every speck of it....lol.

LOL! I can just picture that now. . .balloons being flung all over the graveyard and the custodial staff wondering what the heck happened! :D

leota's necklace
11-25-2004, 07:05 PM
My dh aunts dad is in POTC it's nice to know he is still with us on family vacations. I say if it doesn't bother anyone let it be. It's more for the family then anything.

I'm glad you think it's nice, and your family enjoys the sentiment. Now how about the rest of us? I find this disgusting. It's the PotC, not the darn Ganges. I don't want to "Yo-ho" my way through great-aunt Fanny's cremains, thanks.