PDA

View Full Version : "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade year 10?

Jeremiah
11-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Ok after having to see this parade 2 times in the span of 3 days, please for the love of all the is good bring back "A Very Marry Christmas Parade". I was wondering how long have they been beating this horse and what changes have been made to this parade in its 25 year run (ok maybe not that long but still). It looked like the gingerbread men are new this year and I know the raindeer got changed out a few years ago but something is still different about it. Oh and anyone remember when there used to be actual kids in the parade? Please let us all ask Santa that for the 50th we also get a new Christmas parade.

J

AaronInCal
11-24-2004, 01:11 AM
Like you metioned, there are new Gingerbread men in the Christmas parade this year. Other differences that they have done to the parade over the last few years is the first float that has the elves, Mrs. Claus and Pluto attempting to put the star on the Christmas tree, it looks like they took the middle section of the float out which used to have a train going around in a circle and Mrs. Claus sat in the middle of the track surrounded by either letters or gifts. Also there used to be one more float before Santa in the old "Hometown Christmas" section where they had the ghost of Bob Marley (I believe) and Donald Duck was on it as well as Scrooge McDuck. There were also carolers around that float with microphones who sang Jingle Bells while dancing around. I miss that part. Also 2 years ago they added new "snow people" costumes which look really good. So it's good they are slowly updating the parade, but likely does mean it will be the Christmas parade each year for several more years to come.. Hopefully they will start thinking about a new Christmas parade not long after the 50th celebration.. Hope I helped out here.. Either that or I freaked some people out by remembering all that.. :D

spectromen
11-24-2004, 10:09 AM
I was in it for the first 3 years and boy, do I miss the old days! It's gradually been cut back so much that it's a shell of what it was. And even when it was new, it was a shell of the former VMCP. I don't think we'll ever see another epic length parade like that, not to mention most of the floats are destroyed or converted now :(

The former float in front of the Santa unit was great the first year with the ghostly Goofy on it - can't imagine why they took that whole angle out, it was great!

soccerlady16
11-24-2004, 10:15 AM
The song is to short!! It gets annoying after the 3rd time they repeat it,ahhhh!

DCAWhites
11-24-2004, 11:23 AM
Count me as one who LOVES the "A Christmas Fantasy Parade". The floats are much more fanciful than both parade of the stars and DEP, there are tons of characters in there, its nice and long (like 25 minutes, compared to POTS, which i timed once at 11 minutes), and the guests seem to love it, explaining the crowds that are larger than the POTS crowds even though there are twice as many showings.

Disney Vault
11-24-2004, 12:29 PM
The song is to short!! It gets annoying after the 3rd time they repeat it,ahhhh!
I agree. I watched the video of the parade on the internet and was getting so sick of hearing that song just repeat over and over.

Wizard69
11-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Anyone know where I can get the music for the Christmas Fantasy Parade? I have been looking all over for it since they started this parade and haven't been able to find it yet :(

Disney Vault
11-25-2004, 10:18 AM
I just posted this in the other thread but I will post it here too. Go to http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/main/shows.html
And scroll down to the parade. They have the video or the audio up for download.

Wizard69
11-25-2004, 10:43 PM
I just posted this in the other thread but I will post it here too. Go to http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/main/shows.html
And scroll down to the parade. They have the video or the audio up for download.

Too bad the audio is missing a bunch of sections of the parade and is super short. And, too bad the video is live and with the background noise. Oh well, at least it's SOMETHING I guess.

PhilMP
11-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Hehe, I'm just glad that the floats no longer stop during the pause before the song repeats itself again. If listening to that song at least 8 times during a parade is enough, the pauses added what seemed like 5 minutes to the overall run of the parade.

Phil

AaronInCal
11-26-2004, 09:40 AM
I like the Christmas parade. When I watched it the other day, it felt weird because it was the first time I have stood and watched a parade in Disneyland since last Christmas! That's sad! :D I even like the music. It is different with each section of the parade. I like the Winter Wonderland section of the music best. But I know it is basically the same music the entire parade with different words, but it's very upbeat and SO MUCH better than Parade of Stars.. Althought just about anything would be better than that parade.