PDA

View Full Version : Mouse ears

missm
11-23-2004, 09:29 AM
Does anyone know the price of Mickey Mouse ears, at DL (I don't know if they are different prices) with names embroidered on them? My boss wants me to pick up ears for 9 kids for the daycare, so I need to tell her how much money before I go. Thanks.

mystycalchyk
11-23-2004, 09:32 AM
IIRC they are $7. The names are embroidered at no extra charge.

Pammer
11-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Pardon my ignorance, but what does IIRC stand for? :confused: I've seen it several times, and have yet been able to figure it out!

Pammer
11-23-2004, 09:36 AM
Never mind...I just saw the link to Lani's list of acronyms! ;)

Flint
11-23-2004, 07:26 PM
speaking of ears...

Is there any truth to the rumor that they won't let you wear them if you get a nickname on them?

*needs a new "Cubbie" hat*

storescm99
11-23-2004, 07:46 PM
Sadly... not gonna happen. There was a big to-do last year where all the hat writers had to go over the "rules" once more... no one is going to break the rules and risk losing their status (not to mention the extra $0.25 an hour) for "Cubbie".

That is, unless you have proof that your name is "Cub". We've seen weirder.

Flint
11-23-2004, 07:48 PM
*sad cubbie eyes* :(

My2kidsrule
11-24-2004, 07:23 AM
They're between $7 and $9, depending on the size, I think. We got five (two kids, three adults), and it was like $42.
Funny thing is, they won't do nicknames (I asked), but they will do "Grandma" "Mommy" "Dad". So they have common sense, it seems.

danyoung
11-24-2004, 08:40 AM
This was just discussed recently in another thread (although I forget if it was here or another Disney site). Seems the enforcement of the policy is pretty spotty, with some CM's still allowing some nicknames. It's a matter of not putting the CM in a position of having to make a judgement call on what constitutes an acceptable nickname. I think it's a good policy, although it's kinda sad that it's necessary.

the mad hatter
11-24-2004, 09:11 AM
but they are making a judgement call anyways if a kid comes up with no id and they think the name told to them is a nick name.

danyoung
11-24-2004, 11:15 AM
No ID, no proof. I guess it'd be up to the kid to convince the CM that his name really is Snarfblat.

the mad hatter
11-24-2004, 12:22 PM
Snarfblat

thats great! i have to remember that name...lol

richas
11-24-2004, 12:28 PM
Can someone tell me WHY nicknames are not allowed to be embroidered on hats? Thanks

the mad hatter
11-24-2004, 12:32 PM
Communism my friend....communism.

/jk :)

danyoung
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Can someone tell me WHY nicknames are not allowed to be embroidered on hats? Thanks

Think about it. And I have to tread carefully here on squeaky clean MousePad. Suppose your nickname is Cubbie? No problem. How bout Stinky? Well, a little bit poorer taste. If you were Disney, would you want one of your most prized corporate symbols out there with Stinky embroidered on it? And if your nickname is one of those that doesn't really include a forbidden word, but is suggestive of stuff better not spoken of (and I think we all can come up with examples if we try hard enough!)? Where's the line? They've set it at "real names on an ID, no nicknames at all", and I think they're pretty smart to do so.

Uncle Remus
11-24-2004, 01:44 PM
Communism my friend....communism.

/jk :)
Dude Germans ruin everything! jk

kbanmen
11-24-2004, 02:04 PM
They are about $7 -$8 I think..I think the embroidery is included with the price

danyoung
11-24-2004, 05:34 PM
Yes, it is.

missm
11-25-2004, 03:15 PM
IIRC they are $7. The names are embroidered at no extra charge.

Thanks.

Ulysses
11-29-2004, 01:49 AM
mouse ears are $7 for the "infant" and "youth" sizes, and $7.50 for the adult size.

"infant" covers 0-8 years old. "youth" covers 9-14. If you want a chin string, get the "infant" size.

Tip: Don't tell the CM at the hat store, "My baby/toddler has a very large head." ALL babies/toddlers have very large heads, according to their parents. Does your baby/toddler have a head the size of an average 9-year-old? If not, shut up and get the infant size. You want the chin string anyway. We know that because if you buy the larger size, you will come back 15 minutes later announcing that the chin string was "left off" your large size mouse ears.

BTW, ears are available in pink in infant and youth sizes, but you can't see the name. Gold letters on pink hats just don't show up.

Cowboy hats are available for $8. Pirate hats are $12. Peter Pan hats are $8. Inexperienced hat writers do not do a good job on cowboy hats, pirate hats, or peter pan hats.

Tigertail777
11-29-2004, 07:36 AM
As I said in the otehr hat thread, just bring yer own sewing needles and embroidery thread it shouldnt take more than 20 mins tops to embroider your own name on there and then you could put whatever you wanted. When I get my own ears thats what I am definately going to do. :D