PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain new logs?

Tinker Bell
11-22-2004, 02:49 PM
I saw somewhere that when splash goes down in Jan that they are going to put in new logs with 2 people per seat. Does anyone know if this is true. My DD would love this that last drop freaks her out everytime.

tinklover25
11-22-2004, 02:56 PM
I haven't heard this but I love the ones at MK they are two seaters

DLRCM
11-22-2004, 02:57 PM
I also heard that as well. I'm not sure if its true, but I have been told that this is how the logs at WDW are, and that for efficiency purposes, it works well. (I'm not exactly sure if the logs at WDW are this way, haven't been there in a while). My only question is: How are the logs going to fit in the canal that they currently have? Are they going to widen the entire ride, or just the loading area?

tod
11-22-2004, 03:00 PM
I saw somewhere that when splash goes down in Jan that they are going to put in new logs with 2 people per seat.

In order to do that they would have to widen the flume, which in many stretches is concrete. This would be time-consuming and expensive. (Remember, the brain trust that originally built Splash Mountain thought it would be very easy if they used existing flume technology and made th elogs longer to accommodate more passengers, and we know how that turned out. The opening of the ride was delayed almost six months as they worked out the kinks.) They didn't make that mistake in Florida, and went for wider logs.

I don't think they're going to widen the flume.

--t

cstephens
11-22-2004, 03:52 PM
I saw somewhere that when splash goes down in Jan that they are going to put in new logs with 2 people per seat. Does anyone know if this is true. My DD would love this that last drop freaks her out everytime.

No, that's not exactly true, though the logs are supposed to be changing. The back seat will be able to accommodate two people, but the rest of the seats will still only seat one. Don't recall when that's supposed to be done.

Emma
11-22-2004, 04:06 PM
They just changed the logs a couple of years ago. Why would they do it again? :confused: Wouldn't that be a lot of money for no reason?

I Heart Disneyland!
11-22-2004, 04:52 PM
They just changed the logs a couple of years ago. Why would they do it again? :confused: Wouldn't that be a lot of money for no reason?

They are putting OUR hard earned money to work!!! ;)

Disneyfreak
11-22-2004, 05:12 PM
If you guys notice where you hang on there is a ton of room on both sides of the log. They can easily make it a two seater if they chopped away at the sides a bit.

DCAWhites
11-22-2004, 10:26 PM
Those would be some awfully boxy logs if they did that. I think they have just enough room in the back and the front of the logs to add a bit more space for the 5th row. I couldn't see it typically accomodating 2 riders, but seems like a great thing to have for disabled who need more room to move getting in, larger guests, and children with their parents who would otherwise not like to ride alone. I can still see them having the single rider line.

Vegitabeta
11-23-2004, 07:14 AM
Two seaters are better because if you are scared (like me :p ) then you can sit with your friend/relative.

CoasterChickie
11-23-2004, 07:26 AM
One more ride to snuggle on with a loved one (hee hee) but it probably won't happen!!

nightdesigns
11-23-2004, 07:45 AM
One more ride to snuggle on with a loved one (hee hee) but it probably won't happen!!

Or a stranger ;)

Vegitabeta
11-23-2004, 09:06 AM
Or a stranger ;)

:p

SallySkellington
11-23-2004, 10:57 AM
Two seaters are better because if you are scared (like me :p ) then you can sit with your friend/relative.

That would be good for me. The first time I went on it, I was so scared, I really wanted to sit with my brother! (Of course, since we were single riders, I didn't even get the same log as him! :eek: )

Emma
11-23-2004, 11:26 AM

No kidding. I miss riding in the old logs with my husband. :(

jasonpbyu
11-23-2004, 02:09 PM
kinda confused here. granted i havent been to DL for 3 years, but when i went they were 2 seaters. i had a blind date that i got to sit really close with. have they changed since then?

Wendi
11-23-2004, 03:07 PM
Hmmm... I was thinking you meant like the old logs where you sat between someone's legs... but it seems like you are talking side-by-side seats. I have no idea, but I assume that would be a lot of work to completely widen the ride for it. I haven't heard this rumor, but then I don't hear any rumors that I don't pick up here!!! If they had the old style logs, I may have let my 3 year old ride with me a few weeks ago, but I just couldn't do it if he had to be in his own seat...