PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading my room

Nancy
11-21-2004, 08:01 PM
How do you upgrade your room, or at least try to, at the Disneyland Hotel? We've always just gone where they tell us. I'd like to try and get a better room if we can. Thanks!!!

TribeFan
11-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Call the hotel directly. Let them know that you would love an upgrade if it becomes available. You can speak with either the Front Desk (FD) or with Guest Services (GS). If you want a better view, you may have to sacrifice the bedding type you requested. Let them know what is most important. If you have 3 adults and would like 2 queen beds and a day bed, a view upgrade may only be to a king with a pull out sofa. You can also call Central Reservatons (CR). Just ask them to make a note in your reservations.

Decisions for upgrades are generally made the night before or the morning of your arrival. The FD is basically trying to balance the inventory. If CR oversells 1 view or another or a particular bedding type then they need to make some adjustments. This is WHY you sometimes do not get EXACTLY the bedding type or view that you ask for. With the views, you will usually get the view type you have purchased or a better view. It is rare that they need to down grade your view. Remember, if you are planning on heading to the DLH before the end of this year, the hotels are almost sold out. Upgrades will be rare. From Spring Break next year until... well.... 18 months, the hotels again will be really, really, busy. When it comes to bedding type, views, and upgrades, the hotels like to use 3 words, "subject to availability".

Nancy
11-21-2004, 08:30 PM
We're going in Jan w/ the annual pass discount. Do you think they would still ungrade ?

TribeFan
11-22-2004, 04:48 AM
When a hotel is slower, engineering and housekeeping can cake rooms off the market for maint. You will just have to call and ask. The hotel will make no promises.

Kitsune_SD
11-22-2004, 07:51 PM
I would like to ungrade to a cake room, please.