PDA

View Full Version : hmm... a small problem

yummy mummy
11-19-2004, 08:21 PM
My family is going to DL in march and it will be my daughters first trip.
She is 20 months old and has a urinary tract problem. I am not worried about waiting in line but rather getting OUT of one. At times we may need to drop everything and get to a potty. (Yes, she is potty trained, she has been since 15 months.) With most toddlers not getting to a potty in time will result in wet or soiled pants... no big deal. My daughter could get a kidney infection if she is not changed pronto!
Anyway my question is- Are the attractions lines designed in a way that two people could quickly and easily exit? What about shows (ie parades) is there somewhere we can sit (and still be able to see) and be able to make a very quick exit? Thanks for in advance for your suggestions and help.

Oh this is my first post so forgive me if it is in the wrong forum or came out in pig latin or something.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 08:24 PM
well if 1 of youood in line the other one could quickly take your daughter to the potty...it is really hard to say..I am amazed you said she was potty trained at 15 months..I CANT DO THAT>.I comend you for that one...

I really wouldnt worry about it

VickiC
11-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Put her in pullups and a dress and perfect the art of changing her while she's standing up.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 08:32 PM
thats a great idea..i didnt even think aabout pull ups

yummy mummy
11-19-2004, 08:40 PM
Hey thanks for the quick reply.
So can we get out of a line quick once we are in? Is there an out beside the in? It is VERY important that she stay dry. A few moments could actually make a big difference for her. For her health that is. Her skin is very easily irritated and that might be what is causing all her problems. The docs can't figure it out.

I take no credit for potty training her. She did it herself. I think she was more aware of what goes on down there because of all her problems and the horrible tests at the hospital :(
I try not to worry about seemingly little details but the last time she had an infection she said " Pain mommy. Pee, fire, hot. medicine mama. " That is too much wisdom for a toddler. I need to keep this munchkin safe, if I can.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 08:43 PM
you know another thought is to go to guest relations..explain your problem..they may give you a priority pass..where you can get on a ride faster..I am not sure if they would do it..but they might..it is worth a shot (this is where the disabled get there passes)

yummy mummy
11-19-2004, 08:46 PM
Re the pull ups.

She is in them. We think it might be the urine on the skin that causes the irritation. But we don't really know. When she stays perfectly dry she doesn't seem to get the infections. Even those pull ups need to come off quick. A great idea with the dress though. It is too cold here in the spring (Vancouver Canada :) ) but I guess we can do that there! great idea

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 08:49 PM
hey youn are from Vancouver Candad (changing the subject) I am too but live in california..wow//some other canadian..

anyways I would try guest relations and tell them your problem...you could get a special pass to get on the rides alot faster if needed

yummy mummy
11-19-2004, 09:08 PM
What about the shows and parades? Are there any areas that we could exit quickly with out trampling all the other guests?

I heard you don't get a pass unless you are in a wheelchair so I don't think we'll try

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 09:12 PM
i am soo sorry I am not sure about that..Parades should be no problem..but shows..I dont know..anyone else know???

karliebug
11-20-2004, 06:29 AM
In the shows, I would sit near the back rows close to the exit so you can make a quick run for it if possible. When watching a parade, just choose a spot to sit close to a restroom area and you shouldn't have any problem. Once at MK, my 4 year old and I stood for a very long time at the jungle cruise. When we were very close to the front of the line she had to go! A CM took us out of line and pointed out the nearest rest room. She told us to come back in through the exit,which we did, and we then got to ride without standing in line all over again. I thought that was really nice of them.

Leap for Joy
11-20-2004, 06:36 AM
As far as shows go, Snow White is very easy to leave but in Aladdin you have to stay put. However, in Aladdin you could sit on the mezzanine level in the back, and if necessary go to the part of the walkway which is hidden from the audience by a control booth to do the pull-ups/dress thing.

Mystik
12-03-2004, 12:09 AM
To answer the initial question, some attraction lines are easier to get out of than others, in fantasy land the attractions such as peter pan, snow white etc, will require a bit of squeezing past other guests as the lines are narrow and have no initial emergency exit...Just a heads up, if you plan on going into Innoventions There are no bathrooms whatsoever inside of the attraction building, and once you leave you will have to walk down about 2 or so stories via the ramp to get back to ground level so that could take a while. As to shows, Fantsamic! often builds up large crowds making it difficult to navigate through, best bet here would to stay closer to the back near the walkways however the line of sight may be bad depending on where you are, i'd also suggest Talking to one of the CC CM's (Crowd Control) when they first get out by the Rivers of America to start getting ready for Fantasminc and explain your situation to them, i'm 100% sure they will do their best to get you in the best spot possible.