PDA

View Full Version : Hojo's vs. Fairfield Marriott?

Wendi
11-19-2004, 03:22 PM
I can get similar rates for either hotel, just wondering which is better. Fairfield would be slightly closer to the DLR (we'll walk). Sounds like the rooms might be a little larger too... they have two queen beds plus a single pull out sofa in the rooms. Have you stayed at both? Can you let me know your preference? I stayed at Hojo's on the first and last nights of my last trip, and it was nice, didn't mind the walk either... but anything closer would be a few steps nicer I guess!

paulca
11-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Hi Wendi wondered if you were coming back this year to see the Holiday Fireworks?

Wendi
11-20-2004, 10:50 AM
Nope, I won't be making it back by then... in fact, I shouldn't even be planning another trip this soon... but I just want to go again so badly!!! So, we'll see about this whole January thing...

RemainSeatedPlease
11-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Hmm well I just stayed at Fairfield and it was nice, clean, fairly large room...but they gave our park side room away to a larger group...so we stayed on the highway side..that was a bit annoying..but oh well and i'd say go further down if you want closer...we liked park place inn if you can get good rates

tstan70
11-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Sounds like the rooms might be a little larger too... they have two queen beds plus a single pull out sofa in the rooms.

I haven't stayed at HOJO's, but I really like the Fairfield. Short easy walk as well.

Also, just a bit of advice, the pull out single bed in the 2 Queen rooms are tiny! They are a single chair that pulls out - fits about the size of a 10 year old kid but nothing larger.

Other than that, the place is great.

stinkerbell
11-21-2004, 09:42 AM
The Fairfield is set so far back from the street that I don't think it's all that much closer to DLR. Also, I've heard that the rooms are nowhere near as nice as HoJo's (from a friend who works for Marriott!). She now either stays at HoJo or the Residence Inn, if she can get a good employee rate.

The room we had at HoJo had two queens and a folding cot and we had plenty of room left over (also had a stroller, an ice chest, etc.). If you book with them, let them know you need a larger room, and you'll get it, at no extra charge, even if you book through another site/source.