PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 02:41 PM
Well just back back from my afternoon at disneyland with the girls. It was alot more crowded than i figured..DONT PEOPLE WORK ON FRIDAYS anyways..hmmm..anyways..the girls had a great time and I am totally exhausted..totally..feet and back hurt..

THey were filming a commercial promo for the Hong Kong disney as well..so there was media everywhere..tone CM said a famous chinese singer was in the commercial (have no clue who that is though).it was interesting to watch though..

We went on peter pan..amazing..first time for my 4 and 2 year old as I never want to wait in the big line up..(today it was about 30 minutes) but they loved it..

anyways had a great day

JosieGirl71
11-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Sounds like a great time! Watching them film the commercial would have been cool. I have never been on the Peter Pan ride but plan to drag my two sons on it next month. I'm sure they will think they are too cool for Peter Pan but they are going on it! ;)

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 03:00 PM
on the way home from disneyland..we saw the TV shoe West wing being taped as well..pretty good day I would say

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 03:03 PM
I do have 1 complaint today about disneyland..the PARKING STRUCTURE..first of all I had to park in the other one (out of the 2) and in the very corner..so that meant a LONG LONG WALK..then there was such a HUGE wait for the elevators..and I had to take it since I have a double stroller and we were on floor 4 (goofy)...and they only had 1 elevator working..it took us 30 minutes just to get on a elevator..I thought..this is going to be a bad day..but it turned out to be a good day

HorizonsA
11-19-2004, 03:05 PM
How were the lines in general over there today? Like, did you make it over to Critter Country (Splash Mountain?)? We didn't get to go for the whole day as we hoped, but we are possibly planning on going for the evening.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 03:14 PM
i couldnt go on splash mtn today as I was alone with the girls. my 4 yr old is big enough not the 2 yr old. I think the line up for splash was about 40 minutes..when we passed it (we went to pooh)...I found the lines quite long..I expected it not to be since it was a weekday..but it wasnt as bad as a weekend I guess

rentayenta
11-19-2004, 04:52 PM
Sorry it was crowded but I'm glad you had fun.

JosieGirl71, Peter Pan is one of our family's favorite rides. You are going to love it!

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 04:55 PM
i really did..i did and so did the girls

Opus1guy
11-19-2004, 06:54 PM
All the freeways were just packed today as well. Much more than normal. Even the westbound 210 which is normally light in the afternoon in that direction, was gridlock all the way from Pasadena to the 57, due mainly to a Billy Graham revival at the Rose Bowl, the news was saying.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 07:00 PM
wow..this is unusual..disney shouldnt have been crowded then

cstephens
11-19-2004, 10:33 PM
It took about two hours today to get from work to the resort. Ugh, I do hate that drive. There were quite a few cars at the parking toll booths, and trams were crowded, and the entrance gates into Disneyland around 7pm were out to where the monorail track is. I kept wondering why it was so crowded. And then I realized - today was the first day of the Christmas parade. I expect that had a lot to do with the crowds.

IndianaJenn
11-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Was anyone else there for the fireworks tonight when the sound system went down? Two minutes of static - yee-haw!

DCAWhites
11-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Yeah, at least it blew out 5 seconds into the show and not in the middle of the nutcracker part. It was one awful noise and there was cheering when they turned it off and waited 30 seconds and resumed.

Darkbeer
11-20-2004, 12:08 AM
They also had problems with the sound system during the 4 PM Parade today...

For some reason, it wouldn't switch tracks, and kept replaying only the first track... they stopped the parade in mid-route, the sound system was shut down, and then restarted, and then they started the soundtrack from the beginning, and this time, it switched to the next tracks, and the parade started up with the second track.....

Lot's of TDA folks watching too....