PDA

View Full Version : Favorite treat...?

Pages : [1] 2

magicpointeshoe
11-19-2004, 01:21 PM
What's your favorite treat from Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen? (Yes, I went to Disneyland.com to look up the name of the candy shop on main street, lol)

I really liked the Gummy bears that were Mickey Sillouhettes. I also have a tendancy to like those candy sticks (like candy canes, but different flavored depending on the color). My husband really likes the peanut brittle.

QueenAlisha
11-19-2004, 01:27 PM
fudge, i love fudge at disneyland

stan4d_steph
11-19-2004, 01:29 PM
English Toffee. Accept no substitutes. I have a package in my freezer so I can have a DL candy fix even though I visited back in early October.

DISNEYloon
11-19-2004, 01:29 PM
only time EVER you'll see me eat ROCK CANDY!

My dad introduced it to me there when I was a kid and that's something I have to have - a stick of Rock Candy!

tinklover25
11-19-2004, 01:35 PM
during Halloween they had chocolate covered Rice Krispy Treats that looked like Candy Corn at WDW I must have had 13!

bluepearl
11-19-2004, 01:58 PM
Rocky Road. Yum....

The Lovely Mrs. tod
11-19-2004, 02:09 PM
Cinnamon Candy Apples. The best!

JosieGirl71
11-19-2004, 02:49 PM
I don't know if they have these at the candy shops but I loved the chocolate-covered frozen bananas! (Pardon the ignorance but I haven't been there in 16 years) I'm looking forward to eating one of those when we are there next month!!!

kohl
11-19-2004, 03:03 PM
I love the Caramel Chocolate covered Marshmallows. Also the Caramel Apples. Not picky which one. They are all soooooo good!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-19-2004, 03:07 PM
My oh my----the nut covered caramel apples are THE best! Also, the rocky road candy. YUMMY YUM!!! :D

disneyhound
11-19-2004, 03:21 PM
They don't have my favorite anymore. :crying:

However, some thirty something years ago, a lot of their candy selections came in plastic boxes. My favorite was these mini jelly beans, not the jelly belly type of today, or the kind you get at Easter, but they were tutie-fruitie flavored. They were the best! You would stick 20 or so in your mouth at one time! I could eat a whole box in one sitting; we lived an hour or so from DL and I would run out before we got home! LOL :D

MrsG
11-19-2004, 05:49 PM
Chocolate mint fudge!!

::walks to freezer to get a piece::

Hamradio
11-19-2004, 05:52 PM
What's your favorite treat from Candy Palace and Candy Kitchen? (Yes, I went to Disneyland.com to look up the name of the candy shop on main street, lol)

I really liked the Gummy bears that were Mickey Sillouhettes. I also have a tendancy to like those candy sticks (like candy canes, but different flavored depending on the color). My husband really likes the peanut brittle.

The Candy Palace used to carry lemon drops but were discontinued some years ago. They were my favorite. :mad:

Earkid
11-19-2004, 05:59 PM
I think it's called honeycomb? It is covered in dark chocolate and when you bite into it, it melts in your mouth. You find it right next to the packages of rocky road candy.

I love it. Word of warning: Dont eat it too quick or you may scrape the roof of your mouth. Nibbles people, small nibbles, are the safest.

QueenAlisha
11-19-2004, 06:31 PM
frozen naners,yum!! i had 2 when we were there. and even though its not a "sweet" treat i love the corn dogs. my favorite food ever!

kisroo
11-19-2004, 07:23 PM
I think it's called honeycomb? It is covered in dark chocolate and when you bite into it, it melts in your mouth. You find it right next to the packages of rocky road candy.

Yup, I'm with Earkid~Disneyland's dark chocolate honeycomb calls to me when we're passing the Candy Palace. I'm seriously addicted to this stuff. Yummy!

Mr kisroo and I also always share one of the apples and caramel you can get on Main Street while watching the parade or fireworks. :)

rentayenta
11-19-2004, 07:30 PM
DH and I usually get a mocha while the kids get one of those chocolate dipped Mickey cookies while we wait for the parade on Main St.

We also enjoy a Coke and popcorn on the way from POTC to the HM.

I almost forgot we get a caramel, nut apple from the Pooh store in Critter Country.

Mmmm...churros.

disneyperson
11-20-2004, 11:27 AM
chocolate mint fudge!!!! will be getting a new supply in three weeks!

kbanmen
11-20-2004, 11:29 AM
chocolate mocha icecream at the ice cream place on main street..yummy in a waffle cone of course

mad4mky
11-20-2004, 01:50 PM
Carmel Apples :D

They can get messy...but mmmmm....mmmmm....good! :D

RemainSeatedPlease
11-20-2004, 01:50 PM
a good old churro! yummmm

JosieGirl71
11-20-2004, 05:01 PM
frozen naners,yum!! i had 2 when we were there. and even though its not a "sweet" treat i love the corn dogs. my favorite food ever!
I don't recall but please tell me the frozen bananas don't have nuts on them. I just got braces on and can't have nuts. :crying:

arielova
11-20-2004, 09:40 PM
My favorite is the Marshmallow on a stick, dunked in a layer of caramel and another layer of fudge. Drroooolllll. :)

rentayenta
11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't recall but please tell me the frozen bananas don't have nuts on them. I just got braces on and can't have nuts. :crying:

They have nuts.

beanpole
11-20-2004, 10:05 PM
For over 30 years I've been enjoying the same treat whenever visiting DL: the peanut brittle. It's the best.