PDA

View Full Version : to go or not to go...

Christiii
11-19-2004, 07:41 AM
Okay....Im supposed to leave for Disneyland on Sunday..and Im thinking about not going..I know I know! My birthday is Monday (please email me for my address on where to send gifts), and Ive always wanted to spend my BD there..the problem is...I own a boutique, and next week should be really busy..Im having a big sale on Friday. If I do go, I would be traveling home on Turkey day..which would be no fun, plus make it hard to get ready for the sale the next day. It also means no Thanksgiving dinner, since we wouldnt have time to get it ready..We dont really want to travel home on Wed, because the traffic will be CRAZY. I had originally planned on going Sst - Tues, but the local paper is doing a feature on my boutique on Sat, and it would be pretty stupid to be closed the day the article is coming out. Another thing, my laptop is at repair shop (greaaat), and I hate to be at the Hojo without my lappy...I cant check my work email..or more importantly..email you guys...
The other part is, since its my first year with the boutique, I dont think I should really close any long period of time in Dec...ther are a lot of confused shoppers out there that need me!!
I see everyone doing their countdown and Im just sick..I really dont know what to do...it seems so irresponsible to go..but I waaaana gooooo...
The grownup in me says stay...but the other 99% says start packing...haha!!

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 07:45 AM
you know I would go (this is the kid in me saying that) you need a break once in awhile..especially if you own your own business..my vote is to go

stan4d_steph
11-19-2004, 07:52 AM
Stay home and take care of your business. It's the busiest time of year for you and losing a customer now could mean losing them for the rest of next year too.

QueenAlisha
11-19-2004, 07:52 AM
here's my llittle story....
My boyfriend works at a small family owned computer building place, when we went to DLR last week his boss and his bosses family went with us. (yeah sounds odd but we are close, bosses daughter is amy best friend) he closed thurs. and fri.(they are always closed sat. and sun.) and was worried about it. he posted a note on the door that said they will be closed on these day. the day before we left they had recored sells, they were so busy that me, the bosses wife and youngest daughter and a friend came in to help. we came back sunday night, and this has been the most busy week they have ever had. So it may do good, make people want it that much more. if you put notice up that you will be closed, i would add something about the big sale after thanksgiving, that way everyone who stops buy will see it. ok so to make a huge story short, yes i think you should go.

D-lander 1956
11-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Sounds like you have already talked yourself out of going . . .

DL will always be there-isn't that a comforting thought!

rentayenta
11-19-2004, 08:08 AM
Stay home. If you do go you will be worried about the fact that you left.

mad4mky
11-19-2004, 08:13 AM
Disneyland will be there after the Christmas rush.

If your business is important...especially during this time of year...pass on DL and work on your business.

I always tell my girls..."Disneyland isn't going anywhere..."...when they get the 'itch' to go, and I don't have the time to go yet. :)

DISNEYloon
11-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Here's my .02........ :)

I could help you justify it, and I would if it weren't for them doing a newsstory on your store - THAT'S HUGE and you should really take advantage of it, it can set you up for an amazing holiday season.

If I were in your position, I would stay, but then PLAN a trip right after Christmas.

Not sure if you expect your place to be AS busy the week after Christmas, the day after yes, but you could go down to DLR (like I am) the 29-31st or longer and STILL be able to enjoy the Holiday Season at DLR WITHOUT sacraficing the business that I am sure you are working so hard at!

You'll have to keep us updated on how your Boutique does this season!

GOOD TIDINGS TO YOU!

dlandnut
11-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Stay with your business. It is the busiest retail week of the year. Besides that, DL will always be there, and you want to go when you can relax and enjoy it...not when too many other things are clouding your mind. :)

Susan L
11-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Sounds to me like you have a bit of a dilema on your hands. Is there anyway you can put the trip off until after the holidays. Say, January or Feburary. I'm one for taking care of your business first and then waiting when you have time to relax and enjoy.

Wendi
11-19-2004, 09:46 AM
GO!!! Are you kidding me??? GO!!!

Go and have a magnificent Birthday. Drive home on TG and smile at people in the other cars along the way (wear your Mickey ears to make it more magical). Order a takeout TG meal from the grocery store if you really want it... otherwise, make your TG meal on another day, does it really matter if it's that Thursday? We've done it on a different day before (of course, for me, it's all about the food... not whatever the true meaning of the holiday is all about!!!) Otherwise, make a nice little picnic lunch, head over to your shop and get ready for the sale.

Have a magical time!!! Really... GO!!!

nursemelis374
11-19-2004, 10:57 AM
DL will be nice and empty for most of January! Go then and enjoy it.

CoasterChickie
11-19-2004, 11:01 AM
Go when Disneyland Forever goes. That way he'll stop bugging me to go with him!! :p

But seriously...

Isn't the day after Thanksgiving the busiest shopping day of the year? I'd wanna be good and ready for it. And afterward, hopefully you'll have lots of play money for DL.

Christiii
11-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Go when Disneyland Forever goes. That way he'll stop bugging me to go with him!! :p

But seriously...

Isn't the day after Thanksgiving the busiest shopping day of the year? I'd wanna be good and ready for it. And afterward, hopefully you'll have lots of play money for DL.
yeah..Im having a sale that day..my shoppe is closed for Sunday and Monday anyway..and I think it will be really really really slow on tues and Wed..thats why I was kind of thinking of going and not too too worried about being gone...but i kin of hate to travel on Thanksgiving or the day before..the traffic will be horrible...Ill be open for extended hours on the day after turkey day...with big sales, and raffles and snackies and all..they call that Black Friday in retail...it will be a big pre Christmas party at da shoppe..

Christiii
11-20-2004, 08:39 AM
ok..the article on my boutiqu didnt come out today...its comming out next week..soooo...Im leaving for DL in about an hour..yeay!! this way, I can come home on Tues..and open the shoppe on Wed...I think today and Tues (IM closed sun, and Mon) will be reallly quiet at the boutique..this week sure ha been..yeay! Hojo..here I come :-)

Surfingstitch
11-20-2004, 08:52 AM
I Wish You The Best Of Time On Your B-day!!!

Wendi
11-20-2004, 08:56 AM
Yay!!! I'm so glad you're going... you really had me worried there!!! Have a wonderful time!

Christiii
11-20-2004, 09:01 AM
oh thank you sooo much!! I so so appreciate all your advice!! I really was taking the majority vote and not going..till I saw tht there was no article today..now I know I can go without being too concerned that I would have been swamped...I know I will be after turkey day...but it has been so quiet this week!! Yeay!! Just wish I had my laptop back from the shop so I could email you guys..darn!!

Surfingstitch
11-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Just remember to bring a journal with you to keep some notes.