PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters

tstan70
11-19-2004, 06:07 AM
I was just looking at some of the photos of the construction work on another site and it is really taking shape. I read somewhere that the interior is completed. Does anyone else know more about it? Are they trying to quietly get this attraction open before the scheduled date of May 5?

Seems to me that the exterior would be the very last part completed of such an attraction and wondered if they will start be trying some soft openings pretty soon - maybe during the holidays?

I am sure there are some out there that know much more about this but not much has been discussed in here.

SoCalDisneyLover
11-19-2004, 06:42 AM
Seems to me that the exterior would be the very last part completed of such an attraction and wondered if they will start be trying some soft openings pretty soon - maybe during the holidays?

That's extremely unlikely. I would expect soft openings to begin no earlier than March, possibly by Easter break. There is still much work to do, including at least a couple of months of testing. My guess is that CM Previews, AP Previews and Soft Openings will occur throughout April, with the official opening around the time of the official kickoff on May 6.

DCAWhites
11-19-2004, 08:45 AM
Yeah from what I have heard they're way above schedule considering its not new technology and the likelyhood of major problems occuring is low compared to what indiana jones or tower of terror went (could) have went through. It is an omnimover, and disney has had about 15+ built around the world.

KeithOfTerror
11-19-2004, 10:33 AM
It would be nice to see a mind-numbingly early soft open though. just to make me feel like Disney is trying.

SoCalDisneyLover
11-19-2004, 10:47 AM
It would be nice to see a mind-numbingly early soft open though. just to make me feel like Disney is trying.

Lots of things would be nice. But the world unfortunately doesn't usually work that way. It will officially open around the time of the official May 6 kickoff, Space Mountain won't open until October.

Disney is still Disney, but at least they're finally opening a new ride at the main park.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-19-2004, 09:36 PM
When they have AP nights how will we know? My son LOVES Buzz and we weren't planning our 50th trip until November 2005 but I would like to take him for the opening of Buzz.

Disneyfreak
11-19-2004, 11:32 PM
When they have AP nights how will we know? My son LOVES Buzz and we weren't planning our 50th trip until November 2005 but I would like to take him for the opening of Buzz.

If you are a ap holder then you will get the magazine in the mail most likely that says when.

Darkbeer
11-19-2004, 11:38 PM
IF they have AP previews, my guess is that they will be after the Easter Break season is over (after April 3rd). THis will help drive attendance in a slow period.. my guess the second half of APril...

But remember, that AP previews are a "safety" cushion, and if the ride needs some extra attention, the AP previews can be easily cancelled to allow the extra work to be done.

SoCalSteven
11-20-2004, 12:05 AM
As of about one month ago, the entire queue and internals of the ride were finished. The Omnimover was ready and waiting for the cars.

I'd hope by now they have cars installed in the ride and they are finalizing and testing everything.

DCAWhites
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Yes the cars are all in.

SoCalSteven
11-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Yes the cars are all in.
Cool. Good to know. If only Space Mountain was going so well...

Disney Vault
11-20-2004, 12:48 PM
I thought they were on schedule if not ahead of schedule on space mt.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-20-2004, 01:35 PM
Yep we are APers so that is cool, we will know. Maybe a late April trip then.
I had to laugh, Darkbeer, when you said AP previews are a safety cushion, like they test it on APers first, lol. Sorry, I thought it was funny. :D