PDA

View Full Version : LAX or SNA airport?

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
11-19-2004, 05:02 AM
Anaheim or lax?

I can save almost 50 bucks a ticket by flying into lax, how far is this from disneyland and the cost to get to the hojo please. Any help would be appreciated. we went to sna last time and it cost us 15 follars I believe per person to get to our motel ( carousel) how far is lax from disneyland and rate for a taxi ?

stan4d_steph
11-19-2004, 05:20 AM
Here's a previous thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=31834) discussing transportation from LAX.

Duane
11-19-2004, 05:29 AM
It's worth the extra 50 bucks to fly into SNA. The LAX airport is an hour drive to the Disneyland area while SNA is only 10 minutes away. Depending on the number of travelers in your group, you will probably make up the 50 dollar difference flying into SNA because ground transportation is less expensive. We always use Super Shuttle van service or the Yellow Taxi Cab. Good luck.

CoasterChickie
11-19-2004, 05:37 AM
Karla...SNA hands down!!! It's a nice small airport, easy to get around and closer to DL. You'll spend that extra fifty bucks you're saving on a shuttle from LAX.

Besides, I know how much you like John Wayne!! You wouldn't wanna miss seeing a giant statue of him, would ya? :p

rentayenta
11-19-2004, 06:02 AM
SNA. Unless your airline flies into Long Beach. Long Beach is usually as cheap as LAX and only 4 miles further than SNA. The best of both worlds. If you fly into Long Beach, my dad will pick you up. Really. That will save you some money.

sancho
11-19-2004, 06:27 AM
i am flying into lax and was able to book supershuttle for like $35 round trip (staying at hojo's as well) including gratuity. the ticket i found to lax was $150, so i really couldn't pass it up. i've taken supershuttle from there before, it's not too bad. just can be a long trip, especially if you're the first one on the van.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 06:56 AM
I think SNA (thats John wayne isnt it?) it is soooooo much closer than LAX..and you dont have to deal with the traffic hassle

Hakuna Makarla
11-19-2004, 07:49 AM
ok, you all convinced me! SNA for me. I was hoping to save some money but your right, the shuttle will eat that all up oh well. thanks guys

sediment
11-19-2004, 09:01 AM
How much is a town car to and from LAX? First site I click, and I get $69 each way. $140 total (rounded), versus, what, four airline tickets at $50 extra to get to SNA, plus ground transportation?
Of course, at rush hours (7-10AM, 3-7PM), leaving from SNA is preferred over LAX, to guarantee arriving at the airport reasonably ahead of schedule.
Also, you might want to drive down to SLC (depending on where you are in Montana) and save some dough (depending on where you park).

You could arrive in LAX and leave SNA. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

dlandnut
11-19-2004, 09:04 AM
SNA hands down. It's cleaner and much more convenient. LAX, to me, is to be avoided at all costs (or almost all). If money is not the only factor, SNA is much better. :)

derraj25
11-19-2004, 09:15 AM
We travel with 2 younger children, and ALWAYS fly from Eugene into SNA. That gives us an extra hour in the park the day we fly home.
Plus with a all the flights originating out of EUGENE and SNA being domestic, you don't have near the lines at security as you do at LAX. Those can be a little intimidating and overwhelming for kids.

--d2

mystycalchyk
11-19-2004, 09:26 AM
another pro SNAer here. The Duke wins without even breaking a sweat. I dont think we will ever fly to LAX ever again. Spoiled are we :)

Andrew
11-19-2004, 09:28 AM
On the other hand, if you fly into LAX, you might catch a glimpse of Heather Locklear--worth the price if you ask me.

Wendi
11-19-2004, 09:51 AM
I always say I'm going to fly into SNA this time, because I like it soooo much better, but then Southwest always has $39 flights to LAX (and SNA is never included in their specials) which ends up being half the cost of flying into SNA... so I end up flying into LAX because I can really use that money in DL, and an hour on SuperShuttle isn't really hard on me at all... SuperShuttle is $10 from SNA or $15 from LAX, it's very cheap either way. Plus, I can always fly into LAX to arrive about an hour earlier than I would arrive at SNA, so I get there at the same time I'd planned on anyway... even though I have to get up earlier to get to the airport...

mystycalchyk
11-19-2004, 09:55 AM
but then Southwest always has $39 flights to LAX (and SNA is never included in their specials) which ends up being half the cost of flying into SNA

You need to make sure of this. We always fly into SNA and always use Southwurst and always get the special rate. We flew into SNA just this September for $25 per person!

Wendi
11-19-2004, 10:07 AM
What airport do you fly from mystycalchyk? I fly out of Sacramento and we never get the deals, but I've seen $29 flights from Phoenix... I'm always so jealous of that!!! They don't offer the deals on the in state California specials because SNA doesn't want the extra flight traffic.

magicpointeshoe
11-19-2004, 10:08 AM
You need to make sure of this. We always fly into SNA and always use Southwurst and always get the special rate. We flew into SNA just this September for $25 per person!

Every special given always has the disclaimer that Orange County is not included on that sale. If you got a sale price, I'm surprised!

Surfingstitch
11-19-2004, 10:09 AM
What airport do you fly from mystycalchyk? I fly out of Sacramento and we never get the deals, but I've seen $29 flights from Phoenix... I'm always so jealous of that!!! They don't offer the deals on the in state California specials because SNA doesn't want the extra flight traffic.

I wish I had that option for airline tickets. Mine are always from $150 - $250.

I always fly out from SEA

Emma
11-19-2004, 10:18 AM
SNA HANDS DOWN!!!

I would pay at least $100.00 extra per ticket, just for the convenience. It is soooo much nicer, I will never go back to LAX, ever.

My2kidsrule
11-19-2004, 01:28 PM
SNA is never included on many of the Southwest specials because of the money they have to pay to have so many flights there. Because of the noise ordinance and the growth initiative in the area, they have a much higher overhead. That's why they try to get you to Burbank, Ontario or LAX. But they can't avoid SNA because of all the OC traffic they serve. So you might get the specials on a flight that's not part of their normal routes, but you likely won't see it often. There are a couple other no-special destinations on SWA.

The whole fun flying at SNA is the takeoff and the landing! straight down with no engine!!!! And then straight up with full engine!!!! it's like a mini roller-coaster.

sediment
11-19-2004, 02:11 PM
More likely, SNA is not included because of the lack of available seats into SNA. People use that airport for a reason. Can't think of anything off the top of my head.

JosieGirl71
11-19-2004, 03:01 PM
The whole fun flying at SNA is the takeoff and the landing! straight down with no engine!!!! And then straight up with full engine!!!! it's like a mini roller-coaster.

I've never flown into or out of SNA but that DOESN'T sound like fun to me! :eek: LOL

disneyhound
11-19-2004, 03:24 PM
Flown into both, and I would take SNA over LAX anytime!!

Ditto's on most all the reasons given as to why.

Mermaid
11-19-2004, 05:01 PM
I am flying into SNA from Phoenix 29 each way. Karla- have you looked into flying into phx and then Soutwest to SNA? I don't know what the price would be from Montana to Phoenix, but it may be worth a look. Phoenix is also America West's hub so there are often cheap flights on them.

Hamradio
11-19-2004, 05:56 PM
If your airline flies into Long Beach (LGB) you might consider it as an alternative to LAX and SNA.