PDA

View Full Version : Will I be told "no" for spreading the Xmas spirit?

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyDustin22
11-18-2004, 06:23 PM
This year my girl and I want to show our thanks and holiday spirit by showing the CM's who have to work on christmas eve a little joy. We wanted to get a big backpack or two full of candy canes and spend the eve, hopping from ride to ride and dropping a candy cane to a few CM's along the way, i.e: boarding stations and what not. So after a "Stay seated with you arms and legs inside at all times..." I can hand them a cane and say "Merry Christmas."

My questions are these...A. Will Disney even allow this? If I talk to Guest Relations and inform them of my idea. They can even inspect them before I enter the park I dont care. I have no plans to pass out tainted candy, unless the people at Raplhs or Rite Aid take care of that for me. j.k
And B. If not, does anyone else have any suggestions of things to do for the ones working on christmas eve? Or does Disney frown upon this kind of thing? I know coming from a safety standpoint they might frown upon it, but like I said, its just a little something I thought many of the workers would feel cared for. Since most go out of their way to make our experience more enjoyable, I figured it was the least I could do.

Thanks.

paulca
11-18-2004, 06:27 PM
It sounds like a wonderful idea to me!!! I am a CM at DCA I work at night well all thru the night and I think that would be a wonderful way to wish the CM's a Merry Christmas. You might contact guest relations and see what their reaction would be. It is always a pleasure to serve you our guest

Mommy2NicknMax
11-18-2004, 06:31 PM
You may have to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" though. You've gotta be PC and all.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:33 PM
It sounds like a wonderful idea to me!!! I am a CM at DCA I work at night well all thru the night and I think that would be a wonderful way to wish the CM's a Merry Christmas. You might contact guest relations and see what their reaction would be. It is always a pleasure to serve you our guest

I am also a CM at DCA at night (In work with paulca)..i think this is a wonderful idea..I know I will be working christmas eve..(and hating it) this would bring joy to my face..thank you for being soooooo thoughtful

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:35 PM

I agree with,paulca..check with relaations first..you never know..I LOVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU...so soo thoughtfull.thank you so very very much

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:41 PM
wow! I hope to meet you CMs when I get there. what do you CM's do there? are you on the attractions or what? do you always do the same thing at DCA ? man how cool to meet acual CMS !

bluepearl
11-18-2004, 06:57 PM
DisneyDustin: I think it's a really nice thing that you're thinking of the CMs working during the holidays. In my experience, I've had regular Guests (APs) who passed through the store and put candy in my hand. Sometimes this candy was the kind that wasn't completely sealed and wrapped (as candy canes are), so I was a bit weary of consuming it. No offense to the Guest, but it's kind of like Halloween treats: you have to be cautious about consumables from people you don't know.

However, like I said, candy canes are usually - if not always - individually wrapped and sealed, as I've just realized you posted! After all, the Resort puts them out at some food locations for Guests to have and I've eaten some that were given to me by management at Cast parties (*insert snarky joke here*). If you have extra time, would you consider making mini-greeting cards? There might be an abundance of candy canes backstage for the CMs to have and distribute. I'll try and think of other treats, that don't hurt your wallet!

But anyway, I hope all the CMs you spread your holiday cheer to are just as appreciative of what you're trying to do for them as you do for their work.

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
I think this sounds like a good idea. As a CM who knows I'll be working the Holidays (Hey, I'm already working Thanksgiving, so I know I'll be working the others) I would love it if guests acknowledged the fact that I am there WORKING on Chritmas Eve. It would make my day go a little bit better and faster. I sure hope that there are more guests like you there during the holiday season.

sediment
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
If a complete stranger gave me a candy cane, I wouldn't eat it.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:14 PM
As a CM..a candy cane I would eat (it is sealed) and it makes me feel special for having to work the holiday..thank you for thinking about us

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 07:15 PM
I'd eat a candy cane if it was sealed...

sediment
11-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Security might take them. They can be honed into a sharp and dangerous instrument -- in a couple hundred licks or so. Terrorism alert! Level Red-and-White-striped!!!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:24 PM
You know I would be honored if a guest spread the spirit of christmas with a simple jesture of handing out candycanes...I really would..I thank you for thinking about us poor souls who have to work on christmas..My hat goes off to you..thank you sooooooo very very much

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 07:24 PM
If a complete stranger gave me a candy cane, I wouldn't eat it.

Are you trying to pick up chicks with that line? ;)

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:25 PM

Earkid
11-18-2004, 07:25 PM
LOL @ yenta!!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:26 PM
my haat goes out to anyone who thinks about the CM's who have to work over the holidays to make you stay more enjoyable..thank you so very very much..I sent this message once it ended up as a blank message..thanks again for thinking about us

Opus1guy
11-18-2004, 10:44 PM
sediment posts:
They can be honed into a sharp and dangerous instrument -- in a couple hundred licks or so.

Thought about it, but then thought better. Nope. Not going there. ;)

I fly every Xmas day. I always bring several dozen nice boxes of Godiva chocolates for all the airport agents and flight attendants I encounter. They seem to really appreciate it.

I'd bring 'em each a whole turkey, but then I'd exceed my allowable carry-on. ;)

Seriously...I think it's a fine idea. But I agree with the one poster who suggested you should check it out with Guest Relations (in person or by phone) first.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-18-2004, 11:54 PM
I don't work at DL, but, if someone came into the BANK where I work, (Yes, we are open Christmas Eve), and gave me a treat....I would be thrilled!!! :) I think most of us, who work with the public, do like the acknowledgement that we ARE there, even on Christmas Eve. :) You are a kind person to think of that!!!!

Christiii
11-19-2004, 07:22 AM
yep..when I was in the corporate world, I mad sure all my holiday cards said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas...always a safe bet. Also, they have the BEST flavored candy canes now! Im not a big peppermint fan, bu lifesavers and Jolly Rancher and others make the coolest flavors now..and they have them at Wally mart..they are no more $$ than the regular ones...but kind of fun and different!!
What a special idea!! :D

dlandnut
11-19-2004, 09:07 AM
A wonderful gesture! I'm sure that those CM's who are working will be a little "homesick", i.e., wishing they were home rather than working. This would be so kind to do and you are very thoughtful to think of it. Ever heard the expression, "better to seek forgiveness than permission?". I wouldn't ask anyone about doing this, but instead just spread your "Christmas" cheer (or Holiday cheer, if you're being politically-correct). :)

Black Pearl
11-19-2004, 10:15 AM
Dollar stores, (I know there are as many, if not more in California, as Arizona), sell bulk packs of christmas cards really cheap, (I think something like, a dollar). I have spent $3.00 and just walked around wishing 30 random people a good holiday. Pretty gratifying, considering it costs less than a pack of Kools.

KeithOfTerror
11-19-2004, 10:31 AM
I like this idea. I might try something similar on Christmas.

rentayenta
11-19-2004, 10:41 AM
I think it's a very sweet idea. I will be there Christmas Eve too so I will look for the couple handing out candy canes.

I just realized: I will be there on Christmas Eve!!!

itig
11-19-2004, 11:16 AM
You may have to say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" though. You've gotta be PC and all.

Sorry...I really can't stand the PC stuff myself.

DL has a parade called "A Christmas Fantasy"...and a new DVD out called "Mickey's Twice Upon A Christmas". I'm not going to stop saying "Merry Christmas" because 1 in a 100 people might be offended. </rant>