PDA

View Full Version : Info on finding tickets cheaper than at disneyland.com

Pages : [1] 2

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 05:41 PM
I went to the disneyland to see what tickets will cost, and they raised the prices big time for 2005!! 40.00 for 3-9 age and 40.00 for adults! is there any place to get them cheaper??

Wendi
11-18-2004, 05:49 PM
Karla... send yourself some mail to one of your SoCal friends (I'm sure rentayenta or coasterchickie would be willing to help you out), then get a one day hopper when you get to the parks and upgrade it to a SoCal AP in the park. Use the mail with your name and the SoCal address as your proof of address for processing the AP... not that I'd suggest cheating or anything... *cough, cough... wink, wink*

Other than that, you get the park hoppers slightly cheaper through AAA or the hotels.

HorizonsA
11-18-2004, 05:52 PM
kids 3-9 are $39.75 and adult 10+ are $49.75. But that's for Single-Day theme park ticket which gains you admission to ONE theme park and you cannot park hop. The other prices for the park hopper are pretty much the same price as it has been for several months. The only proce increase came from the Annual Passes.

I don't know where you can buy Disneyland park tickets elswhere.

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 05:53 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/ticketListing?name=TicketListingPage&year=2005

they did go up 40.00 each, we will be going for 5 days not one day,.

Mommy2NicknMax
11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
Have you searched on Mousesavers yet? I know they had a deal before but I'm not sure if they're on the 2005 tickets as well.

I saw that price jump too. :( That's why when I go down in Dec I'm getting the Deluxe AP. Much cheaper for me that way. Of course I'll still have to get Park Hoppers next summer for my husband and boys but this at least saves on one of us.

Do you go more than once a year? If so you may want to think about the Annual Passes instead.

Edit to add: Mousesavers does have a listing on discounted Park Hoppers. I still can't find anything that says if they're good beyond Jan 2005 or not though. Hope you find a good deal but be careful of expiration dates!!

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 05:59 PM
I like Wendi's idea but you'll have to send your mail to Coaster as I am in Utah. My dad lives in So Cal if you get desperate to send mail somewhere.

What are your dates?

Darkbeer
11-18-2004, 05:59 PM
FYI, the only day blocked out for the SoCal AP for the period of March 7 thru the 12th is Saturday the 12th.....

If you are leaving late in the day, you could always spend Saturday at Knott's before going home, and the first 5 days at the DLR......

But right now, the best deal for a 5 day ParkHopper in 2005 is $169, $139 for kids 3 thru 9. I think you might want to wait until January and see what other deals will be available for the January thru April 2005 period (Pre 50th stuff).

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:01 PM
I only go once a year, well acually 2 times this year but am not sure when I will ever get to go again. my paretns are not in good health, dad has alzimers mom has back and health problems. So thats why I am trying to make it fast ( march) and after my taxes come so I have the money ( well some any way) and also in case anything happens to parents before next fall and I can not go at all.
So an anual pass would not do for us. thanks for the info :)

Darkbeer
11-18-2004, 06:03 PM
^SoCal AP = $129 for all folks 3 and over

5 day ParkHopper = $169, $139 for kids

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 06:05 PM
Karla, the So Cal pass is cheaper than a 5 day hopper and with an AP you'll get discounts!

Wendi
11-18-2004, 06:06 PM
I only go once a year, well acually 2 times this year but am not sure when I will ever get to go again. my paretns are not in good health, dad has alzimers mom has back and health problems. So thats why I am trying to make it fast ( march) and after my taxes come so I have the money ( well some any way) and also in case anything happens to parents before next fall and I can not go at all.
So an anual pass would not do for us. thanks for the info :)

Karla, the SoCal Select AP is only $99, cheaper than a 5-day park hopper... so if you never use it again after this trip, it will still be a better deal for you. :D

Wendi
11-18-2004, 06:07 PM
Guess I was too slow typing my response... hehehe

Oh, the drawback to the AP is that it will MAKE you want to go back again and again!!!

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:08 PM
wow! that is a great deal! will they let me have an AP ? or do I need to get my friend coasterchickie to get them for me ;)

stan4d_steph
11-18-2004, 07:34 PM
wow! that is a great deal! will they let me have an AP ? or do I need to get my friend coasterchickie to get them for me ;)Just sending mail to yourself at an address will not be sufficient proof of residency. You would need a utility bill with your name and current valid address on it.

If you are interested in purchasing the So Cal AP, you should call Disneyland Guest Relations and ask if they require proof of residency. If proof is required, you'll have to find another way.

You might consider signing up for the Mousesavers.com newsletter at their website. There is a monthly email newsletter that contains information on discounts, as well as some exclusive discounts for newsletter recipients.

I thought you decided not to go to DL this Spring?

Hakuna Makarla
11-19-2004, 02:10 AM
I thought you decided not to go to DL this Spring?I did, but I am so wanting to go I made reservations already :rolleyes: I just want to go!! I have got to find a way now to make all that money!

Wendi
11-19-2004, 10:04 AM
Just sending mail to yourself at an address will not be sufficient proof of residency.

Well, it worked for me a few weeks ago... in fact, the CM said he didn't care at all if I had proof... I don't think they are enforcing the rule at all. I would say that if you get someone who says, "no", go back later for someone else... or ask for the lead. Explain to them that you've just moved and that's all the mail you've gotten so far... I highly doubt they are going to argue with you about it.

stan4d_steph
11-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Well, it worked for me a few weeks ago... in fact, the CM said he didn't care at all if I had proof... I don't think they are enforcing the rule at all. I would say that if you get someone who says, "no", go back later for someone else... or ask for the lead. Explain to them that you've just moved and that's all the mail you've gotten so far... I highly doubt they are going to argue with you about it.Personally I have a problem with outright lying to get a discount. That being said, the Socal Select AP ($99) is blocked out for all weekends, and in the time frame we're talking about from March 19 - April 3, and all Fridays-Sundays in April. The SoCal AP ($149) is blocked from March 19 - April 2, and all Satudays. I don't think you get any discounts with the SoCal Select. You get 10% off at the following restaurants with a SoCal AP: in DL - Plaza Inn and Redd Rockett's Pizza Port; in DCA - Bountiful Valley Farmers Market (when open), Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill, Pacific Wharf Cafe, Pizza Oom Mow Mow, Taste Pilots' Grill, and The Lucky Fortune Cookery (if it's ever open).

tstan70
11-19-2004, 01:52 PM
Personally I have a problem with outright lying to get a discount.

I am with you, stan4d_steph. It drives me nuts when people do just about anything to save a few bucks, including lying. A few people get away with cheaper stuff and the rest have to pay for it.

Just look around, there are good deals if you look for them. Join AAA, check with Costco, buy in advance on disneyland.com. All of them have better offers than at the main gate. Just please don't cheat and lie to save a few dollars!

ok, I will step off of my soapbox now :cool:

the mad hatter
11-19-2004, 02:16 PM
I bought tickets through AAA and only saved a handful of dollars. The advanced tickets on Disneyland.com seems to bee similar.

TrekkieDad
11-19-2004, 05:35 PM
I paid $165+$2.50 for each Deluxe AP certificate that I got through TSA special services (I think you have to be a member of the California Teachers Assn.) The offer was printed in the semi-annual catalog of discounts. They also offered the Premium for $100 more.

My credit union is always sending me offers for discounted tickets to Six Flags Marine World, Great America, etc. but I've never seen any Disney offers from them.

My certificates have a face value of $179 and must be used before Jan 2, 2005.

Darkbeer
11-19-2004, 09:20 PM
FYI, the SoCal and the SoCal Select AP get the same set of discounts......

disneyhound
11-20-2004, 08:38 AM
Personally I have a problem with outright lying to get a discount.

Absolutely, does not seem very Disney to me...

cpfeiler
11-21-2004, 01:34 PM
Besides sitting through one of the real estate things, does anyone know the best place to get cheaper tix or coupons?

Also, we are going New Years weekend. Is it crazy to go on New Years Eve or day?

sediment
11-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Cheapest you can get are multi-day online or at AAA.

sunnyca
11-21-2004, 09:15 PM
If you are a Costco member, they're selling 4 one-park tickets for $79. But it expires on December 16th. So if you know you're planning on going for at least two days (2 days and both parks both days), it'll definitely be worth it!!!