PDA

View Full Version : My only real pet peeve at DL -- getting on the trams

Pages : [1] 2

SoCalDude
11-18-2004, 04:20 PM
We have 2 young kids that both use strollers - one of the cheapo $20 small fold up ones and one of the large ones that the kid can lay down in. And I hate the stoller line for the tram. Every single time we go we have to deal with an entire family of 5 or so with only one stroller that take up more room than needed in the stroller seating area. I wish the CMs loading the tram would guide the non-stoller guests into another row of seats so more strollers could fit in the front row. And sometimes CMs assist entire families with NO stroller in the stroller area. I find this amazingly rude on both the part of the CM ond the non-stroller family.

And often people cut the line! I never understood this, never. Example yesterday when we went - not that many trams were running so we had to wait for 3 trams to go by before it was "our turn" this was about 10-15 minutes wait with the few trams running. They had a nice little line set up for the guests with strollers and when our tram pulled up a lady ran up on the non-stroller line and tried to get on -- cutting in front of about 8 strollers! The CM saw this lady come up from the side and was about to help her up then saw the kid was still inside of the stoller and so she had to tell the mother to take her kid out -- but if it was not for that then the CM would have assisted in this lady cutting the line!

I think what we do should be made the guidelines to follow - I sit in the stroller area with the large stroller and my wife and 2 kids sit in another row with the small stoller folded up. This allows the max amount of strollers to be on each tram. My wife and kids do not need to sit in the stroller area with me taking up room on the short trip. I really think the CMs should try to get the max amount of strollers on each tram. Yesterday the longest we waited for ANY line the entire day was the tram, both from and to the parking lot :mad: .

arg - sorry for the rant - but I just had to get it off my chest!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:23 PM
I agree with you..this has happened to me many many times and I have a double stroller (a jogger one) so its big. One time..My hubby lifted the stroller up onto the tram..i had both girls holding onto their hands and some lady pushed in front of me..(makeing my 2 year old fall down)..and just sat there..I said to hubby, i will get on the next tram he said get on here..(there was enough room) i looked at that lady and said you are very very rude..she looked at me and said the same thing. I did nothing..she was the one who pushed in front of me pushing down my daughter.. :(

magicpointeshoe
11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
And I hate the stoller line for the tram. Every single time we go we have to deal with an entire family of 5 or so with only one stroller that take up more room than needed in the stroller seating area.

There is a stroller line? I thought the trams reserved that first row for disabled access?

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 04:25 PM
I agree. There should be some kind of rule about strollers in the front car. I have also seem guests without strollers taking up the entire front car. And I have seen it the other way around as well. People with strollers taking up entire rows of regulars cars, while those of use without them have to wait for the next tram. There should be say, 2 front cars of stroller only areas, then the rest for non strollers.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:26 PM
no..but if a person is waiting in the disabled area..they go on first..sometimes the disabled are told to go onto little mini buses..which I think is a good thing in a way..because one time I waited for 5 trams because of disabled people..no offense..but when you have 2 crying kids you just want to go home

SoCalDude
11-18-2004, 04:31 PM
There is a stroller line? I thought the trams reserved that first row for disabled access?
The disabled access line is in a completly different area - they get on the tram in a area right before the rest of the guests get on. So yes, the line for the front (and back) are for strollers, not wheelchairs and not guests with no strollers at all.

Darkbeer
11-18-2004, 04:32 PM
^One option is to wait at the last car of the tram, this area they allow unfolded strollers (of course with the kid removed), and you don't have to worry about folks in wheelchairs...

Or you can always walk, there is a path from the Tram Loading area to the Main Entry Plaza, or you can walk to DtD and enter near the ESPN Zone, I have done both multiple times, especially if there is a long wait for the trams...

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:38 PM
you are sooo right darkbeer..we now take the last car for our stroller..the only problem is..there is no guard so your stroller can fall out..so we just put our feet there...but alot of people dont know this...so the line is alot shorter there

yes..the disabled people wait somewhere else..but many times they do get on the trams

itig
11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
^One option is to wait at the last car of the tram, this area they allow unfolded strollers (of course with the kid removed), and you don't have to worry about folks in wheelchairs...

Or you can always walk, there is a path from the Tram Loading area to the Main Entry Plaza, or you can walk to DtD and enter near the ESPN Zone, I have done both multiple times, especially if there is a long wait for the trams...

We have thought of doing this...how long is the walk? 10 minutes? Less? The tram and stroller thing is a real drag. We have a large one and always go to the last car. It often takes us 3 or 4 trams to get on. I put my vote in for an extra stoller car on each tram...ok, but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

DopeyWife
11-18-2004, 04:44 PM
Some people just get so pushy and rude when boarding the tram. There are so many rows on the tram, I never understood why people without strollers had to take up the row that only the strollers could fit on when there is a long line of strollers waiting to get on the tram. The CMs should be better about not letting people cut into the lines. I see people do this all the time.

SoCalDude
11-18-2004, 04:45 PM

We often go for the stroller area in the last car. And wheelchairs I do not mind at all, they are not the problem.

We have often thought about walking, but figured it would take about the same time as waiting for the tram and the last thing we want to do is add more walking to the already long day, lol. Maybe if we just went for quick trips walking would be an option, but not on full day trips. Plus when our kids are that close to DL they want to get there ASAP lol, and they like the tram ride (once we get on).

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:51 PM
lately we have been walking in..it is about 1 mile and really doesnt take that long..of course when leaving the parks it can be a drag as your feet are soooo tired from walking all day long..but we do it anywyas (if the girls are sleeping in the stroller)..

VickiC
11-18-2004, 05:15 PM
I usually fold mine and get in a regular row to avoid the whole mess. The whole thing is ill designed. I'd pout a bin for strollers on the back or sides of the tram and have everyone fold their strollers and toss them in the bin. Of course you have the people with so much crap piled in their stroller they could possibly fold it.

What really drives me crazy is large groups of people with one stroller and they all ride the elevator in the parking structure. Why can't one adult go with the stroller and the rest of them take the escalator?

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:24 PM
your right (that is another pet peeve with me) the elevator thing...we do that..1 person goes with the stroller the others in the escalator..makes sense to me...

the walk is about 10 minutes..maybe 15 minues after disney because you are sooo tired..it is alot less hassle than the tram though :eek:

Darkbeer
11-18-2004, 05:30 PM
Actually the walk is about a 1/2 mile (one way) about the same distance as walking from the Paradise Pier Hotel or HoJo's.....

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:32 PM
sorry i thought a 1 mile walk..guess thats both ways..but it really isnt that far at all

AliciasMom
11-18-2004, 05:47 PM
I avoid the stroller line at all costs. I just fold up my lightweight stroller and hold my daughter and sit in a regular seat. Saves us a lot of waiting.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:19 PM
wish I could just fold mine..but it is a double jogger strolller..A BIG ONE

Hamradio
11-20-2004, 06:51 PM
The tram mess is a result of too few CM's to guide guests efficiently. Of the course there is a reason for cut-backs....how else could DIS pay a $120 Million severance package to Michael Ovitz for 14 months of employment.

kbanmen
11-20-2004, 06:54 PM
here here

sambo
11-21-2004, 12:03 AM
Just get special trams for strollers. They are a pet peeve of mine - especially the HUGE Hummer-sized ones. And talk about rude - what about those Double wides? My first car was narrower! The ever shrinking paths in Disneyland were not designed for the tour busses they call strollers today.

[/soapbox mode]

D-lander 1956
11-21-2004, 10:29 AM
Just get special trams for strollers. They are a pet peeve of mine - especially the HUGE Hummer-sized ones. And talk about rude - what about those Double wides? My first car was narrower! The ever shrinking paths in Disneyland were not designed for the tour busses they call strollers today.

[/soapbox mode]

^^
Boy sambo, I couldn't agree with you more! I know I will probably be in the minority with my thoughts here, but here goes . . .

I think the monster strollers are completely inappropriate for DL or any other crowded venue. Especially, double wide & jogging strollers! Some people feel a need to bring everything but the kitchen sink with them everywhere. My two kiddos were 15 months apart so yes you could say I had two babies at one time. I always got by with 1 small foldable stroller in confined/crowded areas.

Of course, these days, the mentality seems to be "bigger is better" which I don't understand. I see people struggling to unsuccessfully manuever these monsters around people and objects. But instead of thinking simpler and easier, some people complain about noone accommodating their ever expanding strollers!

Oh and, I do not condon those who jump into the tram stroller area/cars. Rudeness!

There, I've said it, there's my vent . . . :eek:

kbanmen
11-21-2004, 10:56 AM
I have a double jogger strolller, but because I have a 4 and a 2 year old and hubby is a jogger. Dont think I can afford another smaller stroller.and seeon the 4 year old wont be in a stroller any longer anyways

VickiC
11-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I have a double jogger strolller, but because I have a 4 and a 2 year old and hubby is a jogger. Dont think I can afford another smaller stroller.and seeon the 4 year old wont be in a stroller any longer anyways

You can get a small collasible stroller for ~20 dollars. I'd spring for it and make the 4 year old walk.

SCUBAbe
11-21-2004, 02:30 PM
You can get a small collasible stroller for ~20 dollars. I'd spring for it and make the 4 year old walk.

yep, The last time my daughter was in a stroller at DL she was 3. We rented one mostly so she could nap. After that trip she walked. I can't believe the ages of some children that are in strollers. Some I've see look to be 5 ot 6. Is this becase of a lazy whiny child or is it easier for the parent?