PDA

View Full Version : California Adventure

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:39 PM
I was wondering, what would you like to see changed at California ADventure? for example, rides you might take out or put in, or shows, etc.I was just wondering. THe one thing I like about DCA is the open space, it has alot of that. ANy thoughts??

Andrew
11-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Shade.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:45 PM
this is true, I never thought about that, there really isnt any shade over there. I sweat everytime..especially in the summer time. They need more trees

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:48 PM
you know there is something that does bother me about DCA..that is there isnt enough kids rides. I was happy when they put in Bugs land but I think they need a bit more for the kdis to do.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:19 PM
me again..you know I had 1 bad experience at DCA a few months ago. My hubby got a fast pass for the tower..so when he went to use it I asked for a switch pass (since I cant ride as I had to watch my 2 year old)..the CM told me you cant have a switch when you use a fast pass..he ended up giving me one anyways..but said I cant do that. I went to guest relations and asked about it. THey told me the CM was wrong..I thought he was as well. I mean you still have to wait for your partner to use the fast pass..to me this is the same as waiting in the line up

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:27 PM
ok..just one more pet peeve about DCA..their santa clause..he looks like a hillbilly..I have taken the girls there though because less line ups than disneyland..

SInce I am working there now..I noticed they set up a place for him this year 9of course it is a beach scene) so maybe his look will change to the more traditional clause..has anyone seen him there this year??

Disney Vault
11-18-2004, 05:33 PM
The dont have any of the classic Disney look.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:35 PM
no santa doesnt at DCA...just a hillbilly guy...but still my girls think he is santa so that is the main thing

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 05:44 PM
me again..you know I had 1 bad experience at DCA a few months ago. My hubby got a fast pass for the tower..so when he went to use it I asked for a switch pass (since I cant ride as I had to watch my 2 year old)..the CM told me you cant have a switch when you use a fast pass..he ended up giving me one anyways..but said I cant do that. I went to guest relations and asked about it. THey told me the CM was wrong..I thought he was as well. I mean you still have to wait for your partner to use the fast pass..to me this is the same as waiting in the line up

I work attractions at DL and was told that you cannot get a switch pass if you use a fast pass previous. You must wait in the stand by line previous to using the switch pass. That's what I've been told to this point. But when I go back to work, I'll ask about that again, just to make sure.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:58 PM
thanks for checking for me...I have never had this problem before on other attractions with the fast pass and switch pass..let me know what you find out..please

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:12 PM
change it, change it, nooooo!! I loved it and thought it was awsome! I would like more kiddie rides, and yes shade would be awsome, but from a small town hicks birds eye view, I thought it was awsome! I can not wait to go back and ride some of the big rides, river ride, and the coaster!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:16 PM
i am from a small hick town as well (in canada) the big rides at DCA are sooo cool..i just think they need a few more kid rides thats all..bu scremin and TOT is awesome!!!!!!!!!

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 06:53 PM
..let me know what you find out..please

I sure will! I dont work again until Sat. but I'll post Sat. night and let you know... Until then, maybe other attraction CMs can post their thoughts? (I'm not sure if their are any other attraction CMs here?? But then again, I am new to this site, so who knows!)

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I sure will! I dont work again until Sat. but I'll post Sat. night and let you know... Until then, maybe other attraction CMs can post their thoughts? (I'm not sure if their are any other attraction CMs here?? But then again, I am new to this site, so who knows!)

I am new to the site as well..thanks for checking for me DLRCM

sediment
11-18-2004, 06:56 PM
Dude, you picked the wrong place to tout ECA. Where do you work, Public Relations in the Ugly Yellow Building?

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:58 PM
Dude, you picked the wrong place to tout ECA. Where do you work, Public Relations in the Ugly Yellow Building?

aare you talking about me ..I work for DCA 3rd shift custodian..

sediment
11-18-2004, 06:59 PM
Public Relations is similar to that, except for the hours.

AlohaJulie
11-18-2004, 07:06 PM
Shade.

Amen to that. That place is awful in the summer months. And it doesn't help that most of the restaurants that are actually open are outside too (Award Weiners, Strips, Dips&Chips, etc.).

One more thing: more support for DUH, the little improv show that could.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:10 PM
yes I agree with you totally

ModHatter
11-18-2004, 07:37 PM
Hey, I have a great way to add more shade to DCA...

DARK RIDES!!! E-ticket dark rides, SSL-replacing dark rides, family-friendly dark rides...

teach
11-18-2004, 07:46 PM

In fact this is the place to discuss DCA. That's why this is called a forum/ discussion board.

QueenAlisha
11-18-2004, 08:30 PM
i like CA the way it is, of course i dont have kids and i live in las vegas where its 120 in the shade in the summer. but i do think i should be cheaper to get into than DL.

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 06:55 AM
vegas.,hot hot hot OCH!! I love the city hate the weather..so you get to go to DL and DCA quite abit though..thats great

sediment
11-19-2004, 09:03 AM
In fact this is the place to discuss DCA. That's why this is called a forum/ discussion board.
Yeah, but we've done it to death for the last three years.

DISNEYloon
11-19-2004, 09:09 AM
Yeah, but we've done it to death for the last three years.

not everyone has been on the boards for three years and some don't know it's been a topic and are learning how to use the boards.