PDA

View Full Version : 11/18: Pirates' FastPass machines removed

Pages : [1] 2

mousetrap adam
11-18-2004, 02:01 PM
Pirates of the Caribbean's FastPass distribution has been closed since mid-July, and now CMs can officially say it's never coming back. As of this morning, the FP machines at the attraction have been removed.

Flower pots stand atop the eight spots where the machines were previously located, and styrofoam cups marked off where poles and chains will soon re-form the left-hand side of the queue. Wait times rarely exceed 15-20 minutes since FP was turned off, so very few people (apparently) are missing it.

--Mo

RemainSeatedPlease
11-18-2004, 02:03 PM
aw, it was kinda nice when it gets super busy in the summer...but I guess the line does always go back down...

calguy77
11-18-2004, 02:10 PM
When the next pirates movie comes out they will wish they had them back

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:14 PM
When the next pirates movie comes out they will wish they had them back

are they making another pirate movie?? didnt know that

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 02:15 PM
The second one is suppose to be out in 2006.

They are "suppose" to make #2 and #3.

I want to know what the plot will be.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:17 PM
The second one is suppose to be out in 2006.

They are "suppose" to make #2 and #3.

I want to know what the plot will be.

I never saw the 1st one. We bought it and I havent had time to actually sit down and watch it..

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 02:19 PM
It's a great movie.

It really makes you want to be a pirate too!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-18-2004, 02:25 PM
Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom are so dreamy...............................

the mad hatter
11-18-2004, 02:30 PM
The line for pirates always goes relatively quickly because they can load so many people in the boat. I think it'll go faster with no fastpass.

Darkbeer
11-18-2004, 02:30 PM
In today's Disney conference call, they talked about 2 sequels for Pirates, I am pretty sure the contracts have already been signed for both of the new movies.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:34 PM
The line for pirates always goes relatively quickly because they can load so many people in the boat. I think it'll go faster with no fastpass.

Yes I have never used a fast pass for this..as the line goes sooooo fast :~D

HorizonsA
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM
^ I know seriously.

Sometmes I'd walk up to te entrance, check the wait time for the ride. Most of the time it would say 5 min, maybe even ten, and I still saw people go up to FP machines and get a FP.
I guess 5 minutes is a long time to wait. :rolleyes:

SoCalDisneyLover
11-18-2004, 03:08 PM
The nice thing, which I'll miss, is that it was Always a Disconnected FP, so you could get one anytime, and be on the ride with no wait whatsoever.

I understand the rational for getting rid of it, which will make it fairer for everyone. 20 minutes is not horrible, but I just would rather have had the unfair advantage, which is now gone.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:12 PM
The nice thing, which I'll miss, is that it was Always a Disconnected FP, so you could get one anytime, and be on the ride with no wait whatsoever.

I understand the rational for getting rid of it, which will make it fairer for everyone. 20 minutes is not horrible, but I just would rather have had the unfair advantage, which is now gone.

even when the ride says 20 minutes I found it wasnt...

TimBuk2
11-18-2004, 03:12 PM
I never saw the 1st one. We bought it and I havent had time to actually sit down and watch it..

WHAT !!! It's the best movie since Tombstone. Putting a Jerry Bruckheimer production together with special effects from ILM was a true winner !

It's a MUST SEE !

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 03:15 PM
Yes I have never used a fast pass for this..as the line goes sooooo fast :~D

I have used them a couple of times.

It was when the wait wound back and forth and then up the bridge. (Very tiring)

It was probably a good move though.

SoCalDude
11-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Yup - noticed they were gone when we went on Wed.

side note about the movie. I noticed at Best Buy they have a new package for it, it now comes with a 3rd disk and has a 13 minute history about the ride (or something about the ride) looked pretty cool - too bad I already have the DVD.

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Yup - noticed they were gone when we went on Wed.

side note about the movie. I noticed at Best Buy they have a new package for it, it now comes with a 3rd disk and has a 13 minute history about the ride (or something about the ride) looked pretty cool - too bad I already have the DVD.

I say buy it again and give the extra disc as a holiday gift.

sediment
11-18-2004, 04:07 PM
One down, 13 (or whatever) to go.

Wesley815
11-18-2004, 04:12 PM
aw, it was kinda nice when it gets super busy in the summer...IMO Fast Pass actually caused the normal standby wait to be as long as it was. So even when it does get busy the line hopefully won't be longer then 30 to 45 min at most (now).

SoCalDude
11-18-2004, 04:22 PM
I say buy it again and give the extra disc as a holiday gift.

LOL - now there is an idea! The 3rd disk was in a seperate little holder.... I will have to take a closer look to make sure there is nothing about the 3rd disk on the package for the main two. Or maybe I can just sell the old one on ebay.

kaybee2
11-18-2004, 04:41 PM
In today's Disney conference call, they talked about 2 sequels for Pirates, I am pretty sure the contracts have already been signed for both of the new movies.

I read that they were shooting both and that Keith Richards has been signed on to play Johnny's Depp's father! Won't that be hysterical!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me....

ModHatter
11-18-2004, 07:51 PM
I read that they were shooting both and that Keith Richards has been signed on to play Johnny's Depp's father! Won't that be hysterical!

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me....

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I feel sorry for the looping guy...

Meanwhile, Disc 3 isn't on Netflix yet, but as I recall, the Alice bonus disc wasn't originally available either but it now is, so maybe it'll be possible to rent it first before too long and see if it's worth buying.

I did see the package, and it looks like it's a rewrap of the original DVD package which wouldn't have any mention of disc 3, but I didn't pay too much attention.

My2kidsrule
11-18-2004, 08:39 PM
About the movie, Johnny Depp said there have been actual talks to get Keith Richards (whom he partly based his performance on in the first one) to play his dad in the second. Disney people didn't confirm but didn't deny.

Opus1guy
11-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Flower pots stand atop the eight spots where the machines were previously located, and styrofoam cups marked off where poles and chains will soon re-form the left-hand side of the queue.

Hey! I was there this afternoon and was down there with the two gentlemen who were placing the coffee cups and then drawing circles in the brick around them. Nice guys. When I inquired about the spacing of the placement of the cups, they said they could measure it out very precisely and stuff, but it was just easier to eyeball it! And that's what the proceeded to do. :)

Beautiful day in the park, crowd and weather wise BTW. Mickey's birthday and all.