PDA

View Full Version : Little Patch of Heaven

disneymeimei
11-18-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi All,
We just returned from a wonderful trip, and wanted to let those who care know that the Little Patch of Heaven petting zoo is still operating and quite popular.

Disneyphile
11-18-2004, 02:15 PM
I need to go there again on my next visit. I made friends with a little pygmy goat who liked to climb up onto my lap while I sat on a bench. :D I miss the little dude.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi All,
We just returned from a wonderful trip, and wanted to let those who care know that the Little Patch of Heaven petting zoo is still operating and quite popular.

is this the one at disneyland. :D

lisap
11-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Hi All,

We swing by regularly. Love it, even though it's Big Thunder Ranch Lite. :p Our favorite is the little rat--is her name Cinnamon?-that CMs will hold for guests to pet. Most of the goaties stay on the rocks inside the "rest pen" out of reach. Can't say that I blame them much.

cstephens
11-18-2004, 05:19 PM
Most of the goaties stay on the rocks inside the "rest pen" out of reach.

Anyone tried to do the goat trick there? :p

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
what????? a zoo, tell me more, where is it and so on!!

lisap
11-19-2004, 05:22 AM
Anyone tried to do the goat trick there? :p

I've tried, but the little suckers keep moving. :p

Karla, it's a little tiny petting corral goats and sheep and a little heifer (in a separate pen. They rotate some of the Main St. draft horses (I think at least one of them are retired) and there's a little cabin with Home on the Range puppets to color. It's small, but we love visiting there. One morning we saw one of the CMs trying to wrangle 6 or 7 goats down Big Thunder Trail--each had little collars and leashes on--down to the corral. It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen--animatronic goats never do what they're told. ;)