PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 12:50 PM
Well tomarow I am taking my girls to both parks. I go all the time with them but usually with the hubby. He is in NEw york on business and so I thought I would venture out alone..SCARING..my hubby has taken the girls alone and has had non problem..me it SCARES me.. Have to explain to my 4 year old..no tower of terror this time because he sister isnt tall enough. So we will do the kid rides and look at the holiday decorations. (havent seen them at disneyland since they have been up) and I work at DCA...hmmmm...when you work there you dont think to look at your surroundings I guess. ANyways wish me luck...on my 1st disney adventure with just us girls

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Sounds like you are going to have a great adventure.

Hope you have lots of fun.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 01:08 PM

thanks surfingstitch..one thing in my favor is a double stroller and a harness..so one kid doesnt go one direction and the other the other way..I hope the lines arent too bad tomarow..hate line ups

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 01:09 PM
:D

thanks surfingstitch..one thing in my favor is a double stroller and a harness..so one kid doesnt go one direction and the other the other way..I hope the lines arent too bad tomarow..hate line ups :p

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 01:39 PM
This website has wait times

http://www.dldhistory.com/list.asp?Page=46&Tab=Disneyland

maybe it will help you determine how busy it is.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:07 PM
This website has wait times

http://www.dldhistory.com/list.asp?Page=46&Tab=Disneyland

maybe it will help you determine how busy it is.

thanks this will sure help

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 02:09 PM
Have a great time and don't worry :) You live close. I once drove from Utah to DL, with my girls when they were 2 and 4y/o, alone! I forgot how competent I was and it did bunches for my self-esteem. You can do it!!!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Have a great time and don't worry :) You live close. I once drove from Utah to DL, with my girls when they were 2 and 4y/o, alone! I forgot how competent I was and it did bunches for my self-esteem. You can do it!!!

I am sure I can do it..jsut scared to..because the 2 year old is now in the TERRIBLE 2 STAGE...UGH!! But I am sure once we are there it should be alot of fun

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 02:20 PM
I am sure I can do it..jsut scared to..because the 2 year old is now in the TERRIBLE 2 STAGE...UGH!! But I am sure once we are there it should be alot of fun

Nothing a little Benadryl won't cure :eek: ;)

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
Nothing a little Benadryl won't cure :eek: ;)

good plan,. eh

HorizonsA
11-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Going to Disneyland.

Yep, going to Disneyland myself tomorrow. Hooray.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:17 PM
Going to Disneyland.

Yep, going to Disneyland myself tomorrow. Hooray.

Your going tomarow as well..and ALL ALONE..good for you..you will have a blast..think of me with 2 young kids in tow

Tinker Bell
11-18-2004, 03:58 PM
I know that scared thing I have four. When the two older ones went to school I had a hard time realizing I can do it. After a couple trips by ourselves I was able to get it down. But these were Mid week low crowd days. My then 4 yr old got to pick all the rides as long as her 1 1/2-2 yr sis could go on them.Now me with the four all by my self I will not do I fear I would not survive.(8 1/2, 7, 5, 2 1/2).

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:01 PM
I know that scared thing I have four. When the two older ones went to school I had a hard time realizing I can do it. After a couple trips by ourselves I was able to get it down. But these were Mid week low crowd days. My then 4 yr old got to pick all the rides as long as her 1 1/2-2 yr sis could go on them.Now me with the four all by my self I will not do I fear I would not survive.(8 1/2, 7, 5, 2 1/2).

if you can do it with 4 then I can do it with 2..thanks for the incentive

HorizonsA
11-18-2004, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=kmatsumura]Your going tomarow as well..and ALL ALONE..good for you..you will have a blast..think of me with 2 young kids in tow[/QUOTE

No, I'm not going alone, I'm going with a friend. I meant to say that I'm going to Disneyland tomrrow as well. But it's ok.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 05:43 PM
maybe we will run into each other..i will be alone with a double jogger stroller and 2 kids in it of course

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 06:20 PM
I went with 2 kids alone the fist time I ever went to disneyland! and that was in August, the buisest time of year! girl you can do it ! my son screamed most of the time. he did not want to wait in line, he wanted on the rides now))) and this made for a very hard trip. this time he walks and cyrus is in the stroller!
also no more then 1 suitcase! we had so much we could hardly even get any place. I plan on only 3 out fits apiece and we will wash cloths. I am also going to pack 3 duffles so we can bring stuff home again. we shopped at the anaheim market place and brought a bunch of stuff home. we also got a lot from knotts.
I am making it easy on my self. I am also going to get a stroller from there and not pack one. to hard!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 06:28 PM
thanks for the advice ... I CAN DO IT!! YES I CAN!!!!!!!

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I am off in a few minutes on my excursion..to disneyland/DCA with the girls without Hubby...they are sooooo excited..I am weiry..hope the crowds are good today and the girls are good..wish me luck..I will let you know how it went..We are only staying for the afternoon though

Surfingstitch
11-19-2004, 07:29 AM
good luck and don't forget some picture!!!

kbanmen
11-19-2004, 07:30 AM
thanks..I will be tkaing my carema phone of course..is there any way to post pictures on mousepad at all...or do you have to be a member to do that? Just wondering