PDA

View Full Version : Tower of Terror

Pages : [1] 2

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:52 AM
I just LOVE THIS RIDE..it has got to be my all time favorite ride..EVER..the first time I went I came off saying I will never do that again (tears in my eyes and my hand were shaaking for over an hour)..but I went back in there and grinned and love it now..Think I have been on it about 15 times so far...it is fun to watch people who have never been on it before..you can see the terror in their eyes anticipating what the ride is going to be like.

I LOVE THIS RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 08:05 AM
me to!!!

I only got to go on it once, and my 10 year old 2 times but we just loved it! I am praying I can go back in March and go on it a lot of times!!:p

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 08:07 AM
me to!!!

I only got to go on it once, and my 10 year old 2 times but we just loved it! I am praying I can go back in March and go on it a lot of times!!:p

It is funny, while standing in line..there was a boy about 12 years I would say just crying his eyes out (he was soo scared to go on this ride), his dad looks at my 4 year and said look she isnt crying. My 4 year old came up to him and took his hand and said, it will be ok, I can hold your hand if you want me to. This boy stopped crying and we sat beside them (while my daughter held his hand)..afterwards his dad was soo ever grateful to her..this boy ended up just loving this ride..

Vegitabeta
11-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I love it too, last three times in WDW I didn't have the courage to go on, but during my first trip to DL in August, I bit the bullett and went on.

now i LOVE IT!!!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah, I love it too, last three times in WDW I didn't have the courage to go on, but during my first trip to DL in August, I bit the bullett and went on.

now i LOVE IT!!!

I think it is the BEST ride they have come up with (then scremin' at california adventure)

Fitspire
11-18-2004, 08:46 AM
That is a great story. Sounds like you have a very brave 4 year old. I have a 7 year old who has told me he is in no way going on TOT or Indiana Jones :(

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 08:49 AM
That is a great story. Sounds like you have a very brave 4 year old. I have a 7 year old who has told me he is in no way going on TOT or Indiana Jones :(

she is brave..but when she first went on it I was scared for her because she didnt know what to expect (neither did I of course)

LoveDL
11-18-2004, 11:03 AM
Me too, I LOVE Tot!!!! My 4 kids liked it also, but not as much as me, we'd get off and I'd say, AGAIN! I told them to not hold on and just go with the ride and they LOVED it more that way. They liked how their tummies were "lost" even more by not holding on.
I noticed that once you secure your seatbelt you cannot undo them. My daughter latched hers and it was twisted so I was going to fix it and it would not release. That made me feel better, I always had this small nag that what would happen if I accidentally hit the release button while I was on any ride!
Dawn

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 11:38 AM
Me too, I LOVE Tot!!!! My 4 kids liked it also, but not as much as me, we'd get off and I'd say, AGAIN! I told them to not hold on and just go with the ride and they LOVED it more that way. They liked how their tummies were "lost" even more by not holding on.
I noticed that once you secure your seatbelt you cannot undo them. My daughter latched hers and it was twisted so I was going to fix it and it would not release. That made me feel better, I always had this small nag that what would happen if I accidentally hit the release button while I was on any ride!
Dawn

I commend Disney for making this ride (I know it was in florida first)..and thought I would never see it here..but its HERE!!

Wendi
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
I think it's great too... but probably more for the theming than the ride itself... although that's good too! I just love when that room turns into a field of stars with just the door in the middle... such a cool effect!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 12:40 PM
I think it's great too... but probably more for the theming than the ride itself... although that's good too! I just love when that room turns into a field of stars with just the door in the middle... such a cool effect!

yes that is a cool effect..they themed it well (just like the series)

disneyhound
11-18-2004, 12:41 PM
My 4 year old came up to him and took his hand and said, it will be ok, I can hold your hand if you want me to.

You have a wonderful daughter!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 12:42 PM
You have a wonderful daughter!

thank you so much.. I was very proud of her that day as she has never done anything like this before, ever

RemainSeatedPlease
11-18-2004, 01:44 PM
I like the ride because it's fun and new! Just like how I loved (still love) indiana jones, it was so much fun to have a new ride that was good!

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:05 PM
I like the ride because it's fun and new! Just like how I loved (still love) indiana jones, it was so much fun to have a new ride that was good!

you are soooo right

uvsc_wolverine
11-18-2004, 02:32 PM
I just went on it for the first, second, third, and fourth times a few weeks ago (I live in Utah, so I don't get out there much), and I have to agree that TOT is AWESOME! I don't know if anyone else has discovered this, but, try riding without holding on to anything and then when the elevator drops, lift your feet off the floor. You really get a great sensation of freefall when you're being pulled up against your seatbelt.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 02:33 PM
I just went on it for the first, second, third, and fourth times a few weeks ago (I live in Utah, so I don't get out there much), and I have to agree that TOT is AWESOME! I don't know if anyone else has discovered this, but, try riding without holding on to anything and then when the elevator drops, lift your feet off the floor. You really get a great sensation of freefall when you're being pulled up against your seatbelt.

I have never tried that..I always hold on..But I think I will try this the next time I ride it..thanks for the tip :D

SoCalDisneyLover
11-18-2004, 03:13 PM
I'm not sure if I've tried lifting my feet, but that sounds like a great idea. After my first couple of times on the ride, I no longer hold on for the drop sequences. It really does make a big difference, and gives you the "airtime" most coaster enthusiasts love.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure if I've tried lifting my feet, but that sounds like a great idea. After my first couple of times on the ride, I no longer hold on for the drop sequences. It really does make a big difference, and gives you the "airtime" most coaster enthusiasts love.

I finally became brave enough to sit in the front seat..but I will try NO HANDS..and lifting the feet..

Uncle Remus
11-18-2004, 03:29 PM
lol kmatsumura replied to everyone and even quoted the person she was replying to every single time, I almost got confused but thanks to you there will be no misunderstandings. (hint : i am being sarcastic but not in a mean way, i hope) Oh and good luck with ur girls and TOT owns.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:31 PM
lol kmatsumura replied to everyone and even quoted the person she was replying to every single time, I almost got confused but thanks to you there will be no misunderstandings. (hint : i am being sarcastic but not in a mean way, i hope) Oh and good luck with ur girls and TOT owns.

i see that I use everyones quote..why is that?? I have no clue..oh well..I know you arent being mean...thanks for the good luck with my girls in the morning..UGH..dreaded this..but it might be fun

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 03:33 PM
I finally became brave enough to sit in the front seat..but I will try NO HANDS..and lifting the feet..
is there a difference in seats? I sat in the front row the time I went on. is the back seat any less scary?

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 03:35 PM
I dont think so....I always sat in the back because I thought when the doors open you could see the ground, but you really cant at all..just some buildings (I hate heights)..so I think anywhere is fine..but this is just my opion of course

disneyhound
11-18-2004, 04:02 PM
I was looking at the Aerial photo of DL today.

To get to the Tower Of Terror, you have to walk down past the Hyperion Theater, a dead-end route. Then back, no other access right? My daughter says that TOT is going to be the first ride on our next visit...

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 04:04 PM
right..you walk past the hyperion..straight down the road...its right there..thats the only thing past the hyperion. If you are walking down the main street in hollywood backlot..you take a right turn and there is the tower