PDA

View Full Version : Is Disneyland doing anything today for Mickey's birthday?

jrsharp21
11-18-2004, 07:26 AM
Today marks the debut of Mickey Mouse. Is Disneyland doing anything special today?

Arnie
11-18-2004, 07:42 AM
It looks like they did something a couple of days ago.

http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=293

AVP
11-18-2004, 08:13 AM
They usually do a special "My Disneyland Birthday Party" event on the 17th, and replace the "It's my Birthday!" buttons with "Mickey and I are celebrating a birthday today!" buttons.

AVP

Dlandmom
11-18-2004, 08:20 AM
They usually do a special "My Disneyland Birthday Party" event on the 17th, and replace the "It's my Birthday!" buttons with "Mickey and I are celebrating a birthday today!" buttons.

I hope so! It's my son's 1st birthday, and it would be GREAT if he could get the "Mickey and I" button!

By the way, why do the do the birthday party event on the 17th and not the 18th?

DLRCM
11-18-2004, 10:18 AM
AS far as I can tell, the only thing they've been doing for the Birthday is the "Mickey's Birthday Cavalcade" parade which ran during the week this week in place of the Parade of the Stars (12 and 3pm). It says it runs through Main St. but I'm not sure what exactly it is. I've never seen it. I'm sure it is this week only because of the birthday.

Susan L
11-18-2004, 11:42 AM
Happy Birthday Mickey!

SallySkellington
11-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Happy Birthday, indeed! :D

Opus1guy
11-18-2004, 10:09 PM
AS far as I can tell, the only thing they've been doing for the Birthday is the "Mickey's Birthday Cavalcade" parade which ran during the week this week in place of the Parade of the Stars (12 and 3pm). It says it runs through Main St. but I'm not sure what exactly it is. I've never seen it.

I was there today and this mini-parade is all I noticed about Mickey's birthday. There was a PA announcement made throughout the park of the parade times and it being Mickey's birthday.

It was a very short little parade. Couple of guys leading with a Mickey Birthday banner, which they forever held high. Couple of vehicles with characters. About a dozen characters on foot. Lastly was Mickey being driven in Walt's little VIP electric cart, which they keep in good repair for such special occasions. Always nice to see that special cart with the old paint scheme and old castle logo.

The music was a variation of that fast-paced birthday arrangement that was created for the Mickey's 60th Birthday Press Event and Celebration at Walt Disney World (with a few of the words changed, of course) many years ago.

Mickey looked like he was enjoying himself, but I bet he wished Minnie were by his side and not being snubbed, being it her birthday too...and her being forced to ride unceremoniously in one of the other vehicles crowded with other characters.

Talk about being second banana! :(

Dlandmom
11-19-2004, 09:28 AM
We got there after the parades. We went to City Hall to get a birthday sticker for my son's 1st birthday, and it was the usual birthday sticker.

They were filming a commercial or something for Hong Kong Disney at the Christmas tree, which caused some congestion as we were leaving around 7.

Aside from that, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary.

mykidsrctmh
11-20-2004, 03:43 PM
They asked my little boys and me to be in that commercial! (We were just walking by and they grabbed us). They will be showing it in Hong Kong in small bits during a Wonderful World of Disney movie. Jackie Chun is a famous pop singer in Hong Kong and China, he is the spokesperson for HK Disneyland and was the star! My kids had a blast doing it. My parents actually live in Hong Kong (they didn't know that when they asked us to participate), so hopefully they will get a chance to see it!

kbanmen
11-20-2004, 03:53 PM
so you were there on Friday? It was fun watching them film the commercial ..you must have had alot of fun particiating in it

mykidsrctmh
11-20-2004, 03:59 PM
We were there on Thursday - some of the people who had traveled there with Jackie Chun said they filmed on Wednesday also. It is a lot of downtime for the kids, those families who were filming three days in a row had great kids to be so patient!