PDA

View Full Version : Trip of a lifetime!

Cariad
11-18-2004, 03:32 AM
Wow, well, we got back to cold, rainy Britain on tuesday, having spent just over two weeks in California. Our first week was at DL, staying in a theme park view concierge level GC room on the 6th floor. Our trip from start to finish was AMAZING! The hotel was beautiful. Stunning, can't say enough about it. Our room was perfect, and the view of DCA fantastic, especialy since we arrived at night, so it was all lit up.

The concierge level service was well worth splashing out I think - the food was great, the staff were attentive and really helpful, and it was great being on the 6th floor!!

I loved the parks - particularly DL of course. I will never ge tired of strolling down Main Street, just watching people and soaking up the atmosphere. I realise now why you all feel how you do about the park!!!!

A bonus for me was having the castle unveiled - I really thought it would be covered up for our trip. In fact, having a couple of the rides shut in no way affected our trip. It was bustling, noisy, and everything I wanted it to be!!! Also, being November, the ride queues weren't bad, and the weather was nice and warm; not too hot, and only one short spell of rain!

My favourite things....

Small World Holiday - I know its cheesy, but it was soooooooooo cute!!! I videoed the whole thing!

Pirates - fantastic - my 3yr old son loved it

Main Street - already said!

Electrical Parade - I loved how each float synchronised its music with the main theme playing, so that each one had its own theme (like the circus music for Dumbo, and the snippet of the USA anthem for the Eagle at the end) but all the themes fit perfectly to the main theme. Maybe its the musician in me!!!

What I liked most was that everything was clean, well maintained, and staff were everywhere. Every CM I met was friendly and enthusiastic, and very knowledgeable about various aspects of the park. I've said it before and it still holds true - Americans sure know a thing or two when it comes to customer service!!! The difference between being met with a smile rather than boredom is the key.

Also, i've found the U.S generally to be very child friendly. Every bar and restaurant had not only a childs menu, but also crayons or a toy for my son. People chatted to him, and played with him, and I had so many people come up and tell me how cute he was! He was made to feel really special throughout our trip, which i'm sure added to the magic of it all.

Ok i'll be quiet now. Needless to say, we had a great week at DL, and a great week in San Diego then L.A before coming home. Would we got to DL again? YES YES YES!!!

Cariad x x x

p.s We took 415 photos! Thank goodness for digital cameras!

11-18-2004, 04:42 AM
What a fun trip report! Thanks, Cariad.

disneyhound
11-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Ok i'll be quiet now...

No Cariad, please continue. I along with many MP visitors love reading trip reports. I especially get jazzed up knowing that in a couple of months I will be at DL. :)

It's fun to hear that people enjoy my favorite vacation destination as much as we do!

It's also fun to see... Hint, Hint, how about all those digital photos...

TooFarFromDisney
11-18-2004, 06:34 AM
Great report - it makes all of us who love and grew up with Disneyland Proud. As a matter of fact, it makes me proud to be an American!! We've taken a good bit of heat in the past few years, as have you Brits. But America, despite the Liberal Press' attemps to convince you otherwise, is still a great place, which is why people keep coming. Places like Disneyland are truly an important element of that.

Come back soon!!!!!

tinklover25
11-18-2004, 06:56 AM
your trip review made my heart skip a beat! I am soo glad you had a great time in my favorite place of all. What a great treat to stay at the GC especially with the room you had. Was this your first time?

rentayenta
11-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Cariad, thank you for the great report. It sounds like you got to experience all the magic that Disney has to offer. I'm glad you were treated so well.

Hakuna Makarla
11-18-2004, 08:03 AM
wow I am so glad you had a wonderful time!! now can we see some good photo's :D I loved that you were treated well and glad your child was well loved also. Good to see a wonderful trip report. have a blessed day! and get buisy now up loading those photo's!

mad4mky
11-18-2004, 08:06 AM
Great to read about your great trip!! :D

Tell us more... :D

Dlandmom
11-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Cariad, I'm so happy for you and your family! It's great to hear these stories about wonderful visits!

JosieGirl71
11-18-2004, 08:26 AM
More, please! Loved your trip report! I would really like to hear more about the GC as I am thinking of booking this when my husband and I go by ourselves in November 2005 (or possibly February 2006).

Surfingstitch
11-18-2004, 09:47 AM
I am soooooooooooo happy that you had such a wonderful time.

I can't wait for my trip in 13 days

Yay!!!

P.S. Do you have any cute pictures from your trip?

Wendi
11-18-2004, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the trip report!!! I love reading these... if I remember correctly you were there around the same time as me. It was a great time to go and I am definitely going to be there at the same time every year from now on!!!

DISNEYloon
11-18-2004, 10:40 AM
Great report! If you think of other things to add, do so also we'd love to see the pictures!

Cariad
11-19-2004, 01:58 PM
I've uploaded a few of my favourite photos. There seem to be quite a few of the view from our GC room, over DCA!! I played around with the fireworks setting on my camera, and took a few shots of the holiday fireworks. I've uploaded one image, but might put a few more up when I have more time!

So, check it out, and leave a comment in the guestbook thingy at the end of the album!! (which I hope you can access thru this link, by the way!)
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2143260093&code=13038732&mode=invite&DCMP=isc-email-AlbumInvite

Cariad x x