PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report for Nov.15, 16, 17

BQ2
11-17-2004, 08:42 PM
Wow, where do I start? The park is awesome all decked out for the holidays. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale were all wearing their holiday gear! We saw lots of work going on all around the park. We even saw a live person (1) riding the bobsled at 6:30 pm Tuesday night. We could hear the P A system from inside the mountain, Blah, blah, blah track one, so there was some kind of testing going on there. The castle is beautiful, even more so at night. In fact the whole park is better and more festive looking at night. And WOW those fireworks! They have taken them to a new level. They make them dance and move like I have never seen before. The CM’s were all great! Sometimes taking a knee to talk eye level with my 3 YO son. The trip was mid-week, the week before Thanksgiving. So I think everyone was fresh and relaxed. The longest wait was 5 mins. My son did splash mountain for the first time (see avatar) Great memories! :D

P.S. Thanks to everyone’s input here on the boards I was able to enhance our visit by: Doing the goat trick. Viewing the partners statue in a whole new light (or angle) Take a ride in the wheel house of the paddle wheeler. And a few more things, but I can’t think right now 3 days at DLR with a 3 yo has made me very tired. Good night!

rentayenta
11-17-2004, 08:49 PM
That is a great picture of you and your son. I'm glad you had such an awesome time. Was this his first trip?

BQ2
11-17-2004, 09:13 PM
That is a great picture of you and your son. I'm glad you had such an awesome time. Was this his first trip?

No, No we are lucky enough to live close by. We go about 6-8 times a year. He is just now 40+ inches so we are breaking into some new rides. It is GREAT to see the world through his eyes.

RemainSeatedPlease
11-17-2004, 09:26 PM
aw, your sons face is priceless! You guys are lucky you live so close and can go when it's not busy! Glad you had a good time!

CoasterChickie
11-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Sounds like you had a blast! The expressions on your faces are priceless! Horay for avatars!! :D

I Heart Disneyland!
11-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Absolutely too cute! I have those same types of photos of my children at that age, now I have their pictures as young adults on Splash! Looks and sounds like a successful trip....so happy for you! :)

seattlemouse
11-18-2004, 07:25 AM
"Viewing the partners statue in a whole new light (or angle) Take a ride in the wheel house of the paddle wheeler."

Do tell, what are these things? I remember reading about the goat trick (but I'm still afraid of BTMRR) and kind of remember the partners statue, which ride is it on? But what is this wheel house?

BQ2
11-18-2004, 08:22 PM
"Take a ride in the wheel house of the paddle wheeler."
What is this wheel house?

I was referring to the wheel house of the paddle wheeler S.S. Mark Twain. If you ask nicely and the captain agrees you can ride in the "wheel house" You even get to ring the bell and blow the whistle. If you do a good job you get to sign the log book and recieve a Pilot's Certificate signed by Commodore, Walt Disney himself :D