PDA

View Full Version : Club 33 in 3 days!

Pages : [1] 2

DisneyDon
11-17-2004, 09:45 AM
I am so excited that I can't sleep. One of the leaders I have going on my youth trip was able to get the leaders reservations to Club 33 on Saturday. I am a premium passholder and have only been into the lobby, on a tour.

I will post a trip report when we return. :D

I heard that saturday's lunch is a buffet, any ideas on what the food offering will be?

Mommy2NicknMax
11-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Oh have fun! Can't wait to hear about it!

Wendi
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
OMG, I'm so jealous... have a great time, and don't forget to come and tell us ALL about it when you get back!!!

rentayenta
11-17-2004, 10:13 AM
WOW! Make sure you take lots of pictures if they allow it. I am so envious!

IHeartDizland
11-17-2004, 11:39 AM
I believe that the everyday menu is always buffet for both lunch and dinner. At least it has been each time that I have gone. Get ready to truly enjoy yourself and be a bit awed!!! Don't forget to go out onto the balcony which over look NOSq and check out the restrooms (I won't spoil it!).

There is usually a salad bar with various green, fruit, seafood; made to order pasta station, I do recall a really good pork loin and salmon too!!

Have a WONDERFUL time and don't forget to bring your camera!!!!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 11:52 AM
I am so excited that I can't sleep. One of the leaders I have going on my youth trip was able to get the leaders reservations to Club 33 on Saturday. I am a premium passholder and have only been into the lobby, on a tour.

I heard that saturday's lunch is a buffet, any ideas on what the food offering will be?

you are sooooooo lucky..let us know what you had and how it was there

Disneyphile
11-17-2004, 12:09 PM
Be sure to take a close look at the PotC map in the main upstairs foyer! There's a special island listed on there. ;) :D

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 12:11 PM

I have never even been in the lobby..I would love to eat there, but I cant afford to be a member..SIGH!!

calguy77
11-17-2004, 01:19 PM
It is not a true buffet for lunch anymore. Last time I ate there (about a month ago), Appts and Dessert where the only buffet. Your main course was served to you. Great choices for food, also not sure when your reservation is, but if its slow enough ask for a tour and also ask if you can step out on the balcony. I loved going out there, so many people looked up and had this confused look on there face, maybe it was jealousy. Enjoy it though

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 01:20 PM
It is not a true buffet for lunch anymore. Last time I ate there (about a month ago), Appts and Dessert where the only buffet. Your main course was served to you. Great choices for food, also not sure when your reservation is, but if its slow enough ask for a tour and also ask if you can step out on the balcony. I loved going out there, so many people looked up and had this confused look on there face, maybe it was jealousy. Enjoy it though

how does the normal person get to eat there? Or cant normal people (ok ok..us poor people) eat there.. I would love to one day..

sami869
11-17-2004, 02:06 PM
how does the normal person get to eat there? Or cant normal people (ok ok..us poor people) eat there.. I would love to one day..
WE can't, and that is what makes us want to go so badly. For an average person to go you have to know someone (who knows someone, who knows someone) with a membership that can hook you up with reservatios. There used to be auctions on ebay (with the money going to charity) for ressies but they seem to no longer be allowed. Those were going for about $300 so even if they were stil being psoted I surely couldn't afford them.

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 02:08 PM
WE can't, and that is what makes us want to go so badly. For an average person to go you have to know someone (who knows someone, who knows someone) with a membership that can hook you up with reservatios. There used to be auctions on ebay (with the money going to charity) for ressies but they seem to no longer be allowed. Those were going for about $300 so even if they were stil being psoted I surely couldn't afford them.

Too bad, I would just love to go (if only once)...sigh..in my dreams I guess

RemainSeatedPlease
11-17-2004, 02:22 PM
oooo lucky! Have lots of fun for all of us!!!

Opus1guy
11-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Be sure to take a close look at the PotC map in the main upstairs foyer! There's a special island listed on there.

And a very special pirate is depicted on it as well. Lower right. That's salty 'ol Marc Davis there.

Also just to the right of that map, you'll see a photograph of Walt with one of the Audio-Animatronic pirate heads that Blaine Gibson sculpted. That's been reported since the Club first opened, to be the last known photo of Walt.

Another much harder to find artist's depiction of Walt exists in the Trophy Room. There are lots of photos of Walt in that room, but this one is hidden in a painting:

Over to the right of the kitchen door in the corner you'll find several small watercolor renderings of what the Trophy Room would eventually look like by noted artist (and retired Imagineer) Dorthea Redmond. She liked to populate her paintings with various Disney folks she was working with at the time. The tall thin dapperly dressed gentleman with curving mustache that's standing in two of the paintings facing you is Emil Kuri. He's the Academy Award winning set designer (20,000 Leagues) and former Imagineer that did the interior design of the Club and traveled with Walt and Lilly to purchase many of the antiques that are in the Club.

In the one painting that depicts the very wall you are facing that holds these paintings (the painting with the huge hutch and the kitchen door in it), you'll see four gentlemen seated at a table. The one sitting there facing left (profile) is Walt's brother Roy O. Disney. But the one sitting there facing you...whose face is partially obscured by the back of someone else's head...the one with the very distinctive and famous eyebrow raised up high...that's Walt!

So there you have a "Hidden Walt!" ;)

Have a great lunch!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 03:15 PM
Have a great lunch! you are making me jelous..I WANT TO BE ABLE TO GO THERE...AAWWW

AmandasDad
11-17-2004, 05:01 PM
We got to luncheon there in early October and it was delightful. The meal is as described above with a very nice appetizer and salad buffet and a small but well apportioned desert table. I highly recomend any roast meats there. The pork loin with mushroom remolade was fantastic.

Be advised that a kids plate will cost the same as an adult meal.

Opus1guy
11-17-2004, 05:07 PM
Be advised that a kids plate will cost the same as an adult meal.

...but will only be half the size at no additional cost!!! :)

Osky
11-17-2004, 05:23 PM
Thanks Opus1Guy! Every time you post about club 33 makes me want to go even more. I especially enjoy reading the club history.

Anyone ask recently how long the wait list is and get an answer? I have heard rumors ranging from a couple of years to ten or more. I have never heard someone say "they told me the wait is currently ....." It is always hearsay. I sent my name in a few years back, and I have heard nothing to date.

Opus1guy
11-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Anyone ask recently how long the wait list is and get an answer? I have heard rumors ranging from a couple of years to ten or more. I have never heard someone say "they told me the wait is currently ....." It is always hearsay.

That's probably because the Club doesn't like to give a number because they really don't have any idea how long the wait will be.

Just depends on how many current members die, or how many current members give up their memberships, or how many new companies become Park Corporate Alliance partners and want their own memberships (these are usually given priority), etc, etc.

You just gotta be patient and keep the money in the bank ready to go for when the letter finally comes.

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 05:39 PM
I believe that the everyday menu is always buffet for both lunch and dinner. At least it has been each time that I have gone. Get ready to truly enjoy yourself and be a bit awed!!! Don't forget to go out onto the balcony which over look NOSq and check out the restrooms (I won't spoil it!).

There is usually a salad bar with various green, fruit, seafood; made to order pasta station, I do recall a really good pork loin and salmon too!!

Have a WONDERFUL time and don't forget to bring your camera!!!!

are you a member heartdizland??

Osky
11-17-2004, 06:08 PM
That's probably because the Club doesn't like to give a number because they really don't have any idea how long the wait will be.
Makes perfect sense. My only fear is I will move and forget to change the address on file with them. Now that would be a bummer. The day that letter finally arrives will be like Christmas. BTW, do you happen to know what month they typically send out new invites? Or is it whenever someone gets around to it?

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 06:09 PM
Makes perfect sense. My only fear is I will move and forget to change the address on file with them. Now that would be a bummer. The day that letter finally arrives will be like Christmas. BTW, do you happen to know what month they typically send out new invites? Or is it whenever someone gets around to it?

what do you mean they send invites:? do they pick random people and invite them or something?

Osky
11-17-2004, 06:11 PM
what do you mean they send invites:? do they pick random people and invite them or something?
Sorry for the confusion. When they invite people on the waiting list to become members when there are membership slots available.

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 06:13 PM
Sorry for the confusion. When they invite people on the waiting list to become members when there are membership slots available.

ok thanks..thought maybe they would just pick people out of the blue..wishful thinking i guess

Opus1guy
11-17-2004, 06:34 PM
BTW, do you happen to know what month they typically send out new invites? Or is it whenever someone gets around to it?

The letters can come at any time. Mid-year new members get their annual dues pro-rated accordingly.

Annual dues (for the next year) have to be paid by the current year's end, and then they give a couple of months grace for late payments and such. Accordingly, I would think that March and April might be months when the Club knows just who is not renewing, and might be the months most of the clearances take place.

But they can happen mid-year as well.