PDA

View Full Version : Nov 29 - A day to celebrate?

sdfilmcritic
11-17-2004, 06:55 AM
:~D Just thought I should throw out to the masses that HISTA is closing down for refurbishment on November 29th. Let the (kindly banter and...) sparring begin.

stan4d_steph
11-17-2004, 06:57 AM
How long will it be closed?

rentayenta
11-17-2004, 06:58 AM
Promise me that it will still be closed Dec. 20-26. It will be a Merry Christmas if I don't have to sit through that again.

CoasterChickie
11-17-2004, 07:20 AM
I think GrumpyUTboi is trapped in HISTA. I haven't seen any posts by him here at MP since he went to DL in October!!! :p

The other place to look for him might be the Pooh ride! :D

oregontraveler
11-17-2004, 07:38 AM
If you HAD to choose one show, which would you prefer to see: HISTA or the
Snow White musical? Haven't seen either yet 'til next week.

CoasterChickie
11-17-2004, 07:44 AM
No question for me....HISTA even though I 'm not crazy about it.

But if you have little kids they might enjoy Snow White better.

Be sure to see Aladdin and It's Tough to be a Bug . They are both fantastic,
though some little kids have been frightened by the latter.

DISNEYloon
11-17-2004, 08:14 AM
I have to admit I love going to HISTA just to watch the people SCREAM if they've never been when they think the mice are there! ha ahaaa hahahaha ahahahaha ahahah

DISNEYloon
11-17-2004, 08:15 AM
No question for me....HISTA even though I 'm not crazy about it.

But if you have little kids they might enjoy Snow White better.

Be sure to see Aladdin and It's Tough to be a Bug . They are both fantastic,
though some little kids have been frightened by the latter.

Hey coasterchickie...........I have a pop warner football player and cheerleader too - with a picture very similar to yours! **CUTE**

sami869
11-17-2004, 09:17 AM
How long will it be closed?
Forever and therefor replaced with something better while it's being 'reburbed. No wait, that's just my wishful thinking.

cstephens
11-17-2004, 10:34 AM
If you HAD to choose one show, which would you prefer to see: HISTA or the
Snow White musical? Haven't seen either yet 'til next week.

No question in my mind - Snow White musical. I've seen HISTA once. That was plenty for me.

fjhuerta
11-17-2004, 10:36 AM
With any luck, they'll misplace all originals, copies and safety copies of the film, and the Tomorrowland Stage will return.

Yeah, right. :(

spectromen
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Great idea though, fjhuerta.
I vote for Captain EO to come back - not as a legit lost attraction full time, but just as an alternate. Like, "See the classic Captain EO on Friday nights at the Magic Kingdom", some little gimmick with Hooter out front beckoning people in. I bet it'd garner more audience than HISTA does all week.

And if I HAD to choose between HISTA and Snow White, I'd go with the latter, because the horrible out-of-context lines like "What a dump" and "Time out" never cease to crack me up!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 02:37 PM
:~D Just thought I should throw out to the masses that HISTA is closing down for refurbishment on November 29th. Let the (kindly banter and...) sparring begin.

they seem to be closing alot of things at disney for refurbishment. Must be because of the 50th coming up

RemainSeatedPlease
11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
they seem to be closing alot of things at disney for refurbishment. Must be because of the 50th coming up
Yea it's a bummer lots of things are closed...but it will be so nice in the end!!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 05:31 PM
Yea it's a bummer lots of things are closed...but it will be so nice in the end!!

Yes but it is a pain for us AP holders...but It will be nice in the end..

They havent closed anything at DCA yet..i know it isnt there 50th, but you figure people will go there as well..oh i lied, they closed the carosel for refurbishment..I am curious how space mountain will be after its done it..I mean its been closed for a few years now