PDA

View Full Version : Something funny (CMs calling in "sick")

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 08:14 PM
I heardm something funny then other day from a fellow CM..they said a person called in sick and said they had leprosy..he returned to work after 1 day off..the managers requested a doctors note to state he was over his leprosy thing...

anyways this CM never did return back to work

I thought this was sooooooo funny and thought I would share it

Uncle Remus
11-16-2004, 09:16 PM
wow. Not the sharpist tool.

DCAWhites
11-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Lol, funny. They never ask why you're calling in sick in my experience. When you call dependent to care for your parents or children or spouse, they used to not ask you who you need to care for, but they started doing it lately since people would use all the "freebies" the first week of january. Back before they started asking "for who?" people would come back the next day and say "oh i called in dependent for my cat" and stuff like that.

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 11:26 AM
Lol, funny. They never ask why you're calling in sick in my experience. When you call dependent to care for your parents or children or spouse, they used to not ask you who you need to care for, but they started doing it lately since people would use all the "freebies" the first week of january. Back before they started asking "for who?" people would come back the next day and say "oh i called in dependent for my cat" and stuff like that.

that is soooooo funny..people do the darnest things dont they

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 12:01 PM

I have heard people use their 4 depenadant days at the end of december and then 4 at the beginning of january, this way they get 8 days off in a row..but you figured they would have to have some sort of doctors note for their kdis or something

PhilMP
11-17-2004, 04:41 PM
I've heard of people using their Call-Dependents on January 2-5, so they can get paid holiday rate for New Years Day, and spend the next 4 days in Vegas or something...

Phil

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 04:46 PM
I've heard of people using their Call-Dependents on January 2-5, so they can get paid holiday rate for New Years Day, and spend the next 4 days in Vegas or something...

Phil

hmmmmmmmm.,.,figures.. I actually thought about using it during the summer so I could go to vegas with my kids..but then what if I really need them, then what??

PhilMP
11-17-2004, 11:49 PM
Well...if you're not in any real points trouble, you could always ADO one day, and call continue for the next three days. Therefore only taking 3 points for a 4 day vacation to Vegas, and keeping all your C/Ds. However, this method does require some thinking ahead.

Well...you could really just ADO all 4 days, but if it's a busy season, you're not going to get more than 2 days off anyway, unless you had pre-approved vacation turned in, and you're a B or A status.

All theorhetical, I've never done any of this, I'm a GOOOOOOD Cast Member. <shifty eyes>

Phil

Klutch
11-18-2004, 06:27 AM
If people keep it up, Disney may do what my company did and eliminate sick leave of all types. We now have only "Personal Time Off" or PTO. Whether you're sick or going to Disneyland doesn't matter; it's the same charge code. This gives people an incentive to save their PTO days and not squander them by faking illness.

the mad hatter
11-18-2004, 07:16 AM
You know what would be even more funny...one of the workers at POTC calling in for scurvy. lol.

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:42 AM
You know what would be even more funny...one of the workers at POTC calling in for scurvy. lol.

that would be funny..sooooo funny..but this leprosy thing just cracked me up..yeah right I am calling in because I have leprosy (something we dont have here)..and when you dont have to give the reason why your sick in the 1st place. I bet the people who took that call laughed alot about it

kbanmen
11-18-2004, 07:44 AM
Well...if you're not in any real points trouble, you could always ADO one day, and call continue for the next three days. Therefore only taking 3 points for a 4 day vacation to Vegas, and keeping all your C/Ds. However, this method does require some thinking ahead.

Well...you could really just ADO all 4 days, but if it's a busy season, you're not going to get more than 2 days off anyway, unless you had pre-approved vacation turned in, and you're a B or A status.

All theorhetical, I've never done any of this, I'm a GOOOOOOD Cast Member. <shifty eyes>

Phil

I dont have any points at all..I am another good CM..so far anyways..I had to get an emergency ado this week as hubby had an emergency business trip to new york. Didnt know you can get emergensy ado's..I was all worried I would have to use the dependeant thing or FINALLY get points for calling in.

DCAWhites
11-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Emergency ADO? I wish I had that, how does that work. You can request to be ado'd before your shift or ER'd if you have an emergency or are really sick, but usually if you NEED to go you end up with points. The exception is when management gets a call from the hospital saying something like "your employee's son is here and you need to release him to come here", then they'll release you without points, and usually they'll arange for security to drive you to the hospital if you need (carpool, get dropped off or take the bus).