PDA

View Full Version : New Years Eve

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 04:41 PM
What is the park like on New years Eve? DO they do anything special this evening. I really dont know why I am asking because I will probably have to work at california adventure that night, butr I guess I was curious..thanks

stan4d_steph
11-16-2004, 06:13 PM
If you do a search in this forum you will find a lot of information and reports of NYEs past. It's super crowded, so some people don't like that at all. I had a blast the one year I went with a group of friends. You have to go prepared for the crowds. They have fireworks and a countdown to midnight. Usually there's some entertainment around the castle throughout the night.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 06:15 PM
If you do a search in this forum you will find a lot of information and reports of NYEs past. It's super crowded, so some people don't like that at all. I had a blast the one year I went with a group of friends. You have to go prepared for the crowds. They have fireworks and a countdown to midnight. Usually there's some entertainment around the castle throughout the night.

Thanks for the info...I figured they might do fireworks and a countdown..Boy I hope I have this year off, I would love to go...we shall see I suppose

cpfeiler
11-22-2004, 03:27 AM
Is it crazy to go New's Year's Eve Day or New Year's Day. I am coming with a 4 year old and 6 year old. We are coming from North Carolina and are only there Dec. 30, 31, Jan. 1 and Jan.2.

They really want to go to Disneyland for a day.

Any comments are appreciated.

rentayenta
11-22-2004, 04:49 AM
If you are going to visit DL for only one day, I would go either the 30th or Jan. 1 or 2. I have read that NYE is a madhouse and sometimes reaches capacity. My young kids would not enjoy that. Have a great trip!

Photographer
11-22-2004, 05:15 AM
New Year's Eve is PACKED starting mid afternoon. I wouldn't go that day if I were you. You'd be better off going on the 1st or 2nd.

mystycalchyk
11-22-2004, 03:37 PM
So as most all of you know my hubby and I go to Disneyland every year for New Years Eve. Its our little tradition. And honestly I cant bear the thought of not going. It grieves me honestly.

His birthday is the week after Christmas and mines the week after his, so we dont buy each other any birthday or Christmas pressies and we do this trip instead. BUT, with the fact that we just went and took our neice and nephew in September, we are seriously broke. I was really afraid it wasnt going to happen. The trip honestly doesnt cost all that much. We got amazing rates on our hotel...and on our rental car. (we will be driving this year instead of flying because since we werent sure we were going we waited too long to book the cheap rates). We dont eat out alot so that saves us a bunch of money (our hotel has a continental breakfat and so we only eat out one meal a day). so its not the trip that gets us. its renewing our annual passes since they went up by $120 per person this year! :( oy vey!!!
It's going to cost us like $600 total to renew them. sheesh. So we were honestly thinking we werent going to be able to swing it.
But its like all the pieces of the puzzle are falling together without any effort.
Last week I was paid $100 for some obscure on the side work I did....a family friend just gave us $200 this morning for lettting his stay at our house as he's moving cross country (we didnt find it till after he was long gone)...that with the normal Christmas money we get from family ( like literally, every year, my mom gives us money and his dad does, my mom to save on shipping of gifts and his dad because he knows we prefer money to presents) will pay for our AP renewals. Now we just need to scrape a bit more together and we have it made. We wont be buying any goodies but who cares. I am so excited :)

We will be there 12/29 - 1/2 who else will be there during that time??

Surfingstitch
11-22-2004, 03:44 PM
I am so excited that you both get to continue your traditions.

Happy early B-Day to you both.

nursemelis374
11-22-2004, 03:47 PM
Have fun! I have never been, but hear it is awesome. I was thinking abou tmaybe going this year!