PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like in April?

Hakuna Makarla
11-16-2004, 02:49 PM
whats the weather like in April, I am trying to book in April so I can get enough money saved to be in Disneyland for 5 days. Also whats the least buisy day in April? thanks guys

Flint
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Usually beautiful. Might want to bring a light jacket and some jeans if it gets chilly. Shorts and T-shirts are pretty much completely appropriate, though. Mornings can be chilly.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 03:49 PM
whats the weather like in April, I am trying to book in April so I can get enough money saved to be in Disneyland for 5 days. Also whats the least buisy day in April? thanks guys

The weather is wonderful in april but the evenings can be a bit chilly so yes I would bring a jacket...

It can be busy in april though due to spring break. Here people have different spring breaks, I thought it wouldnt be busy at the end once, but some schools were out them for spring break..but that was the weekends..weekdays may be better

CoasterChickie
11-16-2004, 04:47 PM
We went last April during spring break. It was extremely crowded and it pored rain the second day we were there. But I think that was unusual for that time of year. Since Easter is in March in 2005, most schools will probably have their spring breaks then.

BTW...I just noticed your new avatar. Your dog cracks me up!!! I think he takes after his owner!! He's got your curls too!! :fez:

Hakuna Makarla
11-16-2004, 04:50 PM
I am trying to swing the cash, I saw reservations for most motels are on slecial and I am hoping mom can do with out me for at least 5 days:D I will have to seriously think in March then. wish me luck!

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 04:51 PM
We went last April during spring break. It was extremely crowded and it pored rain the second day we were there. But I think that was unusual for that time of year. Since Easter is in March in 2005, most schools will probably have their spring breaks then.

I thought most schools would have their spring breaks in march as well.. guess I was wrong because when I was there..it was busy in april..I know the schools here in orange county have their spring break in april..and there is alot of schools here

CoasterChickie
11-16-2004, 05:09 PM
kmatsumura...You are right. :) This past April Easter was on April 11. The week before and the week after the prices of hotels were higher. In 2005 , Easter is on March 27 so the prices of hotels the week before and after are higher again.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 05:16 PM
kmatsumura...You are right. :) This past April Easter was on April 11. The week before and the week after the prices of hotels were higher. In 2005 , Easter is on March 27 so the prices of hotels the week before and after are higher again.

Thats good...maybe spring break will change here this year then. I am from canada and we always have spring break in march..but I have noticed here (in OC anyways)_ spring break seems to be around easter time. In canada the kids get spring break in march, then at easter time they get good friday and easter monday off..(so that is only a 4 day weekend)

rentayenta
11-16-2004, 05:22 PM
Karla, like the others have said, stay away when it's Spring Break! I would bring a light waterproof type jacket. I can mail you back those vouchers because they really aren't going to get used. Good luck :D

kohl
11-16-2004, 05:51 PM
We are planning a trip the week of April 13 (my son's B-Day) so I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. We were hoping that MOST of the kids would have off March for Spring Break.

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 05:53 PM
We are planning a trip the week of April 13 (my son's B-Day) so I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. We were hoping that MOST of the kids would have off March for Spring Break.

Well like I said..here in orange county the kids are on spring break usually anyways..I dont understand why. THey have been for the past few years

Hakuna Makarla
11-16-2004, 06:14 PM
I just sent a message off to my travel agent ( the only one in town :rolleyes: )

I asked him to find prices for MArch 7th thru the 12th. Andthen one day at knotts ( we like it there to)
I am hoping for some good deals so we can afford it. I also have to make sure I can get the time off:rolleyes:

RickW
11-16-2004, 06:34 PM
April showers bring May flowers . . . . . :D

sediment
11-16-2004, 08:56 PM
Go as late in April as possible, to ensure lowest crowds. (Fewer schools out.)
Don't worry about the weather. But, if you have to know:
High anywhere between 60 and 100.
Low anywhere between 40 and 65.
Wind anywhere between -5 and 40 mph gusts.
Precipitation anywhere between -0.5 and 5 inches per day.

Quick note: that's five months away. Nearly anything could happen weatherwise next April, based on what we know today.

evrythngwmn
11-17-2004, 12:47 AM
Spring break hours for Disneyland Resort are the week before Easter and the week after. As several people have mentioned, different areas have different Spring breaks. We usually get crowds from out of state starting in March and it stays pretty busy until almost the end of April.

VickiC
11-17-2004, 07:07 AM
Our OC district is out March 28 - April 1, 2005

Hawaiian Cinderella
11-17-2004, 01:56 PM
Our OC district is out March 28 - April 1, 2005

Thanks for the info. We'll be there March 17 - 24 and I was hoping that it wouldn't be so crowded.

splashmtngurl
11-17-2004, 02:36 PM
for the most parts its beautiful but on the occcasion you might one into some cooler weather. if your planning to go make sure to take some sweatshirts and long pants with you. in 2001 we hit some not so great weather but for the most part (we always go in april or may) its always pretty nice! :fez: