PDA

View Full Version : Copyright Laws

the mad hatter
11-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Does anyone know the copyright laws pertaining to selling footage of Disneyland that you did not get permission to sell?
I ask because I recently got a DVD off ebay that claimed to be a tour of Disneyland and 'behind the scenes' footage. When I got it, it was just some couple with their camcorder and the behind the scenes was just old TV shows.
Very Uncool

kbanmen
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Does anyone know the copyright laws pertaining to selling footage of Disneyland that you did not get permission to sell?
I ask because I recently got a DVD off ebay that claimed to be a tour of Disneyland and 'behind the scenes' footage. When I got it, it was just some couple with their camcorder and the behind the scenes was just old TV shows.
Very Uncool

WOW..I dont have any clue about copy right laws..but there has got to be something you can do to get your $$ back..Contact someone from ebay and asked them about that...how can people scam other people...very very WRONG

the mad hatter
11-16-2004, 01:05 PM
I should have said that I did get a refund because I returned the DVD. I just wanted to find out if there is anything I can do so this person stops selling this garbage. I've already emailed Ebay about it.
Here is one of his current listings
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=138&item=2286057267&rd=1
They even state in the listing that 'cast members' take you on a tour, and in the video the one guy says he used to work there and the other girl hasn't even been there before.

DISNEYloon
11-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Very Uncool

Be sure to leave unfavorable feedback on eBay and list exactly what you received.

stan4d_steph
11-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Very UncoolWhat were you expecting? There are official DL DVDs you can buy. Are you going to report them for a copyright violation? You bought the thing, so you weren't too worried about copyright then.

Disneyphile
11-16-2004, 04:04 PM
The guy's got a lot of negative feedback about the video itself. That would have definitely made my decision before buying.