PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise and cell phones

AliciasMom
11-16-2004, 08:53 AM
Our guide in JC did not like cell phones. Our boat was loading and he was giving instructions of where people should sit on the boat. The woman in front of me was just gabbing on her cell phone not paying attention so she didn't follow his instructions. I was going to sit right next to her because I'm just used to following the next person until I heard the guide say "Please sit in the middle row" so my party did. While we were sitting he said something along the lines "It would be nice if people could follow instructions." At first my friend and I thought he was talking about us and we were thinking "WTH, we did." Then he said that maybe he shouldn't talk anymore because he was making it hard for phone users to hear ( by then she was using her finger to plug her other ear so she could hear better). The guide made sure to warn the man sitting next to the cell phone user to not talk loudly because he wouldn't want the important phone call to be interrupted. The whole time the rest of the boat was just staring at the woman on the phone and she still was not getting the hint. She got off the phone a moment later like nothing had happen. My friend and I were cracking up once we got off the boat. We said if we were that woman we would have been so embarassed but she wasn't. The lesson of the day, do not use your cell phone while loading on The Jungle Cruise(or any other ride).

the mad hatter
11-16-2004, 08:57 AM
people are oblivious to their own ignorence sometimes.

Emma
11-16-2004, 08:58 AM
:rolleyes: People are so rude.

Good for the Jungle Cruise Skipper for saying something about it.

Shame on him for being rude to a guest.

:D

TikiGeek
11-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Don’t you know that when you are on a cell phone you are absolved of all social responsibility? :rolleyes:

DISNEYloon
11-16-2004, 09:30 AM
We only use a cell phone on vacation for an 'emergency', that's part of our Vacation Creed!

1. No fighting, of any kind
2. No computers
3. No cell phones (except for emergency)
4. No diets
5. No complaining or whining

..........there should be signs posted, NO CELL PHONE USE on Rides

rentayenta
11-16-2004, 09:58 AM
DISNEYloon, you forgot #6. No budgeting.

Ace
11-16-2004, 11:06 AM
people are oblivious to their own ignorence sometimes.

It's horribly, horribly ironic that you spelled "ignorance" wrong.

Vegitabeta
11-16-2004, 12:22 PM
Hehe :p

bluepearl
11-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Okay, I'll admit, I'm a cellphone junkie. Once, along, long time ago, I answered my phone on JC. But the skipper was pretty flexible, taking my phone and talking to my friend (1: it's one of the friends I am constantly chatty with, 2: I think it was a JC skipper I found particularly attractive so I was happy). When I got the phone back, my friend was confused. It was amusing. :)

Flint
11-16-2004, 02:35 PM
cell phone users are just attention whores. :-p

iwannabeanimagineer
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Welcome to Walt Disney's Cell-Phone Enhanced Jungle Cruise!

Everyone turn around and wave good-bye to the people back on the dock...Come on wave!...Nevermind, just call them on your cell phones and wish them luck on their voyage.

We're now entering the rain forest. Feel that mist on your face? That's a malfunction in your cell phone. Please dial #89 and download a repair routine.

Across the way, the mysterious Temple of the Forbidden Ringtone! Don’t let your phone ring in the chamber of the goddess Mara or it will be your doom!

We are now approaching a cell phone tower disguised as an ancient Cambodian shrine.

Don't make any roaming calls! That's a Bengal tiger on the left! The Bengal tiger has been known to leap over 20 feet in one jump. But don't worry, we've only got one signal bar here; he’ll never get through!

Up on the steps, two king cobras, some of the world's deadliest snakes. Hmm, wait a minute... there used to be three of them. The other one must have gone to recharge.

Look, there's old Smiley, the oldest resident of the river. The last guy who tried to pet him now has to use a hands-free device!

On our left is Ganesha the elephant god, who guards the entrance of the sacred family calling plan of the Indian elephants.

And look at all the elephants on the river today! This comes as a complete surprise to me 'cause I had no idea these guys were going to be here! If you want to e-mail yourselves camera phone pics, go right ahead. They all have their trunks on!

[Insert your spiel here.]

Disney Vault
11-16-2004, 04:13 PM
That was really good ^

uvsc_wolverine
11-16-2004, 05:49 PM
OK OK I ADMIT IT! I USED MY CELL PHONE ON THE JC ONCE! May the gods of the Jungle Cruise forgive me! I should have told Nate to call me back, but it was an important business call! I'M SORRY!!!

And, no, I'm not the person described in the above post, but I have been the rude person once.

Durliin
11-16-2004, 07:28 PM
I use to Hate when people would be on there phones talking louder then me I use to just sit there and stare at them if tyhey were really rude or if they seemed like nice guests I owuld take there phone and talk to the person always got laughs... but yea if you want to upset a skipper start talking on the phone durning there speil...its like why did you even come on this attraction if your just going to be yapping your mouth off to your friend on the phone the whole time..

nightdesigns
11-18-2004, 11:06 AM
There are very few times that I don't have my cell phone on me, and one of them is in disneyland. I leave it in the car. I go to disneyland, to "get away from it all" and anything that could hold me back, gets left in the parking lot.

Disneyphile
11-18-2004, 12:31 PM
My phone usually stays in the car at DL, unless I'm meeting up with other people there.

Princess Booker
11-19-2004, 08:01 AM
Most people on cel phones are completely unaware of their surroundings. I usually don't make calls in the park, unless it's to my family in Colorado asking if they want me to pick up the latest holiday antenna ball. Even then I'm standing outside the store. If my phone were to ring (vibrate) inside any attraction, or close to the loading area, I'd never dream of answering it. How rude.

Black Pearl
11-19-2004, 10:21 AM
What about the two way family radios? I use them religiously, but it cracks me up when I'm on a ride and out of nowhere you hear, "Elliot, we're almost done in the potty. Do you want to meet at IASW?"