PDA

View Full Version : I am new

kbanmen
11-15-2004, 04:12 PM
hi..I am a fairly recent hirer at california adventure ( i started 8 weeks ago) I am still not sure on a few things..

For instance if I want a day off how would I go about that. ALso I have never missed a day of work. I have the number to call, but do I jus say I am sick..or use my dependant leave..

Like I said I am new

thanks
kelly

bluepearl
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Hi Kelly!

If you want to request a day off, you need to fill out an ADO Request form. You should have some at your location, or walk to Scheduling and pick up some forms there. Some locations have pick-up spots where Scheduling will come and pick up various forms, but if you don't, you'll have to take them to Scheduling and drop them off at your location's cubicle.

If you need to call out, simply call your Scheduler and tell them that you're calling sick. However, do not call "dependent" unless you have an immediate relative you are taking care of (such as your child, mother, father, etc.). I don't know what changes Scheduling has applied to this rule since I left in June. I was told that they will ask you who you're calling dependent for in a bid to crack down on people calling out and trying to avoid the points penalty. You can also call personal. Calling sick/personal gets you 3 points; you can call out up to 3 - 4 scheduled consecutive working days with no additional penalty, but do not call "sick" one day and "personal" the next as that will accrue 6 points instead of 3. After the 4th day of calling sick, you must provide a doctor's note explaining your absence (but you'll still get the original 3 points).

Confusing? I know. But it seriously gets easier to understand. You'll also figure out how to use the system for you as time goes on.

Andrew
11-15-2004, 04:26 PM
kmatsumura, you should be aware that MousePad is not an official information source for Disney. The information you need is probably going to come from your lead or manager.

Good luck in your new role!

kbanmen
11-15-2004, 04:30 PM
kmatsumura, you should be aware that MousePad is not an official information source for Disney. The information you need is probably going to come from your lead or manager.

Good luck in your new role!

sorry i didnt know this

kbanmen
11-15-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi Kelly!

If you want to request a day off, you need to fill out an ADO Request form. You should have some at your location, or walk to Scheduling and pick up some forms there. Some locations have pick-up spots where Scheduling will come and pick up various forms, but if you don't, you'll have to take them to Scheduling and drop them off at your location's cubicle.

If you need to call out, simply call your Scheduler and tell them that you're calling sick. However, do not call "dependent" unless you have an immediate relative you are taking care of (such as your child, mother, father, etc.). I don't know what changes Scheduling has applied to this rule since I left in June. I was told that they will ask you who you're calling dependent for in a bid to crack down on people calling out and trying to avoid the points penalty. You can also call personal. Calling sick/personal gets you 3 points; you can call out up to 3 - 4 scheduled consecutive working days with no additional penalty, but do not call "sick" one day and "personal" the next as that will accrue 6 points instead of 3. After the 4th day of calling sick, you must provide a doctor's note explaining your absence (but you'll still get the original 3 points).

Confusing? I know. But it seriously gets easier to understand. You'll also figure out how to use the system for you as time goes on.

thanks for the info, it will help