PDA

View Full Version : ALERT!!! - 12/5 MousePad Meet Now at 1:00

innerSpaceman
12-03-2001, 08:55 AM
Attention all Mouse Padders! Your attention please, all friends of Walt:

The Walt Disney Guerilla Birthday Party / Mouse Pad Meet has been changed to 1:00 p.m. in order to accommodate the 2:00 'Walt's Footsteps' Tour which AVP has fabulously arranged. We have had an initial positive reaction to the time change, and so - with barely 2 days to go - we are going to make it official and CHANGE THE TIME TO 1:00 P.M. If you are interested in taking the Tour, please contact AVP for space availability.

If you have not responded to the 1:00 time change, please do so if you can and let us know if you can still make it -- or if 1:00 works so much better for you that you NOW can make it, let us know that, too. This thread will work, or use the 'Celebrating Walt's Hundredth at Disneyland' thread, or even the still floating around somewhere 'Walt's 100th' thread.

If you are a PIN collector and need to get your AP Walt's 100th pin, vouchers will be distributed starting at 9:30 and you must claim your pin before 2:00. The official Disneyland ceremony is at 11:30, with Mouse Pad meet now at 1:00. So there will probably be time to claim the pin either before the 11:30 rededication of Walt's statue, or between that event and the 1:00 Mouse Pad meet at Walt's statue.

Oooooh, 2 days till Walt's Birthday at Disneyland. See ya there!

innerSpaceman
12-03-2001, 10:03 AM
I'm just gonna keep bumping this, cause it has important, time-sensitive information.

Dlandmom
12-03-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

If you are a PIN collector and need to get your AP Walt's 100th pin, vouchers will be distributed starting at 9:30 and you must claim your pin before 2:00. The official Disneyland ceremony is at 11:30, with Mouse Pad meet now at 1:00. So there will probably be time to claim the pin either before the 11:30 rededication of Walt's statue, or between that event and the 1:00 Mouse Pad meet at Walt's statue.

Is this one of those things where folks will already be lined up in the wee hours of the morning? I'd like that pin, but I sure don't want to be freezing my tushy off standing in line all morning!

I may be able to make the meet at 1:00...just depends on my work schedule that day.

Nigel2
12-03-2001, 02:02 PM
Ummmm do the people buying these items actually know what the pins look like or will it be last minute looks. Then again alot of the people just buy them all without care.

MammaSilva
12-03-2001, 02:44 PM
Nigel2 I don't think anyone in the 'general' population knows what the two pins will look like but since we have to stand in line for the darn vouchers I am hoping that "IF" we want we can purchase the pins then, I darn sure do NOT want to stand in line twice for the same pin!

AVP
12-03-2001, 02:45 PM
Hi everyone!

This is the official announcement that the tour is almost full! We are supposed to have 15 people, and we have.. 15 people! We can push it to 18 is we *really* want to, so here's your chance. Who wants the last three spaces? E-mail me at avp@mouseplanet.com if you are still interested. I'll post again when the tour is totally booked.

AVP

Not Afraid
12-03-2001, 03:47 PM
I have some extra stucky name badges left over from the pot luck. Should I bring them?

innerSpaceman
12-03-2001, 07:02 PM
Did you guys do that? Wear name badges, I mean. Hey, if that worked ...

on the other hand, I tend not to wear a name badge even when I'm supposed to.

MammaSilva
12-03-2001, 07:04 PM
I'm looking for my "guest of Honor" name tag.. and Brandys as well but I "think" they may still be up on the hill :(

cemeinke
12-03-2001, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Did you guys do that? Wear name badges, I mean. Hey, if that worked ...

Only if your tattoos were not clearly visible--hey it's a family place ;)

innerSpaceman
12-04-2001, 05:00 AM
One more day till Walt's 100th Birthday! Oooooooh.

AVP
12-04-2001, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone,

The MousePlanet / MousePad / Walt's 100th Walk In Walt's Footsteps tour is now FULL!

Thanks for your interest, and I'll see you there!

AVP

innerSpaceman
12-04-2001, 09:24 AM
Well, the tour may be full, but those of us who didn't make the cut can always make it a Waltcentric day on our own.

Here's some suggestions:

The Tiki Room - boy was Walt proud of those animatronic birds.
The Mark Twain - one of the original Disneyland attractions. Walt's wife had to swab the decks to get the sternwheeler ready for their wedding anniversary cruise days before the Park opened.
The Disneyland Railroad - Walt's love of steam trains is legendary. His Carolwood Pacific ran on an elaborate layout in his backyard. The SF & DL RR at the Park was a dream come true for Walt.
StorybookLand - one of Walt's original concepts for Disneyland was a traveling show of elaborate miniatures to be called "Disneylandia." StorybookLand is the outgrowth of that early concept.
Tom Sawyer Island - Walt himself plotted out the shoreline and shape of TSI. He could often be found "fishing" on a dock jutting out into the Rivers of America.
Matterhorn Bobsleds - While traveling Europe, Walt became charmed by the famous Swiss peak. He based a movie around it (but, for some bizarre reason, the moutain was referred to as the "Citadel" in 'Third Man on the Mountain'). Walt was tickled pink to bring a 1/100th scale copy of the Matterhorn to Disneyland, and his version of the mountain sets Disneyland apart from its clone parks around the world.
Pirates of the Caribbean - Walt passed away before he could experience the finished product, but he was intensely involved in the production of this attraction, in some circles considered to be Walt's masterpiece.

And those are just for starters. There's alot of Walt that's gone from the Park, but a lot of him that's still there. The Jungle Cruise will most likely be down for rehab and that's a shame, as it's one of the original major attractions still in operation since 1955. But the Carousel will be spinning, and the Main Street Cinema will be screening 'Steamboat Willie.' The apartment above the firehouse, the petrified tree in Frontierland, the Golden Horseshoe and of course Sleeping Beauty Castle are all good spots to remember Walt and to contemplate his fabulous legacy.

innerSpaceman
12-04-2001, 03:17 PM
Oh, what's one more bump?

merlinjones
12-04-2001, 03:45 PM
>>While traveling Europe, Walt became charmed by the famous Swiss peak. He based a movie around it (but, for some bizarre reason, the moutain was referred to as the "Citadel" in 'Third Man on the Mountain'). <<

I believe (not sure here) that the mountain was called the Citadel in the book "Banner in the Sky" on which the movie is based (and was its original and WWoC title).

I'll bet (guessing here) that they kept this name even after the photogenic Matterhorn was "cast" as the Citadel, because James MacArthur's storyline is not the true story of the mastering of the Matterhorn, but a fiction (resemblance to loose truth with real subjects seemed to be more important in those days than now, when they just make anything up and call it docudrama).

Too bad, though - - that movie (a great but relatively unknown one) would be far more popular today if it were simply called "The Matterhorn".

At any rate, someone told Walt he couldn't put holes in his Matterhorn for the Skyway -- as the real one didn't have any. His retort; "Why not, it's a Swiss mountain!"

innerSpaceman
12-04-2001, 05:02 PM
merlinjones, you are a veritable font of information!

innerSpaceman
12-05-2001, 05:08 AM
Sorry, but I'm just bumping all Walt's Birthday threads at dawn on Walt's Birthday. Then I'm off to Disneyland and you won't have to see any of these threads anymore.

(Disneyland Birthday threads will start in June)

cemeinke
12-05-2001, 06:12 AM
Thanks for keeping the Walt's Birthday threads on top. I'm looking forward to meeting you at today's festivities.

Happy Birthday Walt,
I'm going to DISNEYLAND!