PDA

View Full Version : Closest hotel walking distance from DL entrance?

Cinderella
11-15-2004, 05:38 AM
With a short trip planned for Dec 8 & 9, I was hoping for some direction as to which hotel would be closest to the entrance of DL. That is the park we'll spend the majority of our time. We are thinking of staying at DGC, but would opt for off site, if it saves our feet some steps.
Any recommendations?
If you think DGC is best, what room would you request (park view, etc)?

Thanks in advance,
Trina ;)

nursemelis374
11-15-2004, 06:31 AM
There is nothing closer than DGC. The off site properties are a much farther walk. This hotel is beautiful and worth the money. We had a DTD Disney view and it was great.

rargirl
11-15-2004, 07:05 AM
If finances are a factor, you might consider staying at the Disneyland Hotel. If you request a Downtown Disney view, you will stay quite close to the monorail, which takes you directly into Tomorrowland.

IHeartDizland
11-15-2004, 07:36 AM
Here are some of the off site places that we stay at when visiting the park. We are AP's that live in N. California but frequent the park about 3-4 times a year. When we do not stay at a Dland Resort hotel we stay at one of these places which are located DIRECTLY across the street from the pedestrian walkway and drop off area (located past the tram/shuttle pickup area) into the park on Harbor Blvd (there is a traffic light). It is definitely a shorter walk than the Dland hotels (except for the DGC which has the entrance in the first 1/4 of Downtown Disney). What is another nice thing is that you don't have to worry about taking a sleeping child out of the stroller to fold the stroller up!!! I believe, some of these are also Disney Good Neighbor Motels.

The Best Western Park Place Inn and Suites $$$
The Park Vue Inn $$

Others include: The Tropicana, The Carousel, Desert Inn and Suites.

Good luck!

Cinderella
11-15-2004, 08:45 AM
Great responses.
Thanks you so much.
Guess we'll indulge with the DGC.
Smiles,
Trina

The old man
11-15-2004, 02:26 PM
nursemelis374 wrote: There is nothing closer than DGC. The off site properties are a much farther walk.

Are you sure? I think the Best Western Park Vue might actually be shorter, but I can't proof it.

IHeartDizland
11-16-2004, 08:24 PM
I have stayed at both the DGC and the Best Western Park Place and they are about the same in distance. As I stated previously, the exception was the DGC because there is an entrance about 1/4 the into Downtown Disney. So then it comes down to what kind of accommodations that you would prefer.

DCAWhites
11-16-2004, 09:21 PM
I agree that the difference in distance is so minimal it can be a longer walk to either of the hotels depending if you exit through a turnstyle on the east or west of the main gate. We're talking about like a 30 second difference in time. The east tram loading area is not big at all, and it might very well be shorter than getting through la brea bakery, world of disney, and the 5 or so shops before club libby lu and the entrance to the gch. There are hotels on harbor that are literally right at the crosswalk. The lines for the bag checks on the east side (harbor blvd) seem to be shorter than the GCH side. I'd reccomend a harbor blvd hotel if you spend most of your day in the parks you'd like an extra $180 each day to spend on character breakfasts, souvenirs, food, and tours and such. $180 a day goes a LONG way. Stay at the GCH if you plan to spend lots of time taking in the hotel rather than being in dtd or in the parks. I think the best western is the closest to the crosswalk fyi.