PDA

View Full Version : Howard Johnson

Pages : [1] 2

JosieGirl71
11-14-2004, 02:27 PM
I reserved a room at HoJo's for 10 nights through mousesavers.com and got a really good rate. When I called to cancel the last 4 nights but wanting to keep the first 6 nights, I was told that they would have to charge me the current mousesavers.com rate which averaged out to $10 more per night. :eek:

Is this normal?

Wendi
11-14-2004, 02:49 PM
You're kidding! That doesn't sound right at all, unless you got a discount because you reserved so many nights in a row... go to the link to Hojo's on MIBoards.com and see if you can get a better rate that way. If not, maybe you could ask to speak to the manager and find out if they can keep you at the rate you got when you made the reservation originally.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-14-2004, 09:08 PM
Darkbeer can hook you up with Willie and hopefully he can take care of you.

Hojoanaheim
11-14-2004, 09:18 PM
No, that's not right. Please email your info to me at j.w@hojoanaheim.com and i'll straighten it out!

JosieGirl71
11-14-2004, 10:24 PM
Thank you so much! I left a phone message for you to call me when you return to work. You have to know that your staff was very polite about it and apologized. I just didn't think that sounded correct so thought I would post here to check with other MP'ers.

Talk about great customer service! :fez:

Christiii
11-15-2004, 09:26 AM
thats for sure!! Thats one of the reasons its my FAVORITE hotel at Disneyland!! Plus the rates are incredible...when you are checking rates at the hotels you have to ask about the hidden fees..i.e. parking, resort fee, shuttle etc. I know that when we stay at the DL hotel, we always have to add about $25 or $30 per night to the room for the resort and parking fees. The Hojo has NONE of those...ok..a shuttle fee, but we never take that..its actually quicket to walk than take those silly shuttles!!

jrsharp21
11-15-2004, 12:00 PM
I will be staying at HoJo this weekend (19-21). I booked HoJo through the Mousesavers.com rate.

I have only stayed here once, but it was a good experiance. I am looking forward to it again.

Do they allow early check in? We are leaving the Sacramento area around 5am. So if I do my normal 90-100 mph down I-5, I should be there around 11:30 or noon depending on traffic.

munchkinsmom0003
11-15-2004, 12:32 PM
thats for sure!! Thats one of the reasons its my FAVORITE hotel at Disneyland!! Plus the rates are incredible...when you are checking rates at the hotels you have to ask about the hidden fees..i.e. parking, resort fee, shuttle etc. I know that when we stay at the DL hotel, we always have to add about $25 or $30 per night to the room for the resort and parking fees. The Hojo has NONE of those...ok..a shuttle fee, but we never take that..its actually quicket to walk than take those silly shuttles!!

I totally agree with the above post! Hojo is the best!

JosieGirl71
11-15-2004, 01:02 PM
Does anyone know if there are any special things I can request or order through HoJo's for the kids?

munchkinsmom0003
11-15-2004, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know if there are any special things I can request or order through HoJo's for the kids?

I'm not exactly sure what kinds of things you need, but HOJO's gives a Kid's package containing stickers, crayons, a pamphlet for them to color, chalk and perforated cardboard cutouts of characters. The front desk gave the pack to us when we checked in. Is that what you were asking for?

rentayenta
11-15-2004, 04:42 PM

I have read that they can get a birthday cake or flowers or the like but they don't have a system like Disney's Vacation Planning set up. What did you have in mind?

Wendi
11-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Do they allow early check in? We are leaving the Sacramento area around 5am. So if I do my normal 90-100 mph down I-5, I should be there around 11:30 or noon depending on traffic.

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago, we arrived just before 10am and they had a room available for us already. I was just expecting to leave the luggage and head to DLR for the day since it was so early. They also offered us a free upgrade to another room since the room type we had reserved was on the freeway side of the building, it was very nice!

We got the Crayola kid's pack too, it contained some sort of little board game, coloring pages, etc, chalk, two felt pens, and some yummy smelling watermelon bath gel.

JosieGirl71
11-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Actually, DS's are 11 and 15 and I was kind of hoping for a small Christmas tree or something festive. I will call when I have a minute away from DS's as I want to surprise them.

jrsharp21
11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
I reserved my room through Mousesavers and never got a confirmation email. When I reserved my room it said that my room was confirmed. Does HoJo Anaheim send a confirmation email when booked through Mousesavers or their website?

biolabetty
11-15-2004, 11:17 PM
I booked my room through Mousesavers too and I also did not receive a confirmation email. I called Hojo the next day to see if they had received my reservation and it had been received. I would have liked to receive a confirmation by email, it would have been less expensive then calling long distance.

Darkbeer
11-16-2004, 01:19 AM
Hey folks, an e-mail from HoJo's has been posted in this thread, if you have any questions, why not go to the source....

j.w@hojoanaheim.com

JosieGirl71
11-16-2004, 08:08 AM
I am posting a follow-up to let everyone know that HoJo's honored the original rate. I had considered staying at a closer hotel for our 2005 trip but after the first class treatment we received from HoJo's, we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. THANKS HOJO! :fez:

Hojoanaheim
11-16-2004, 09:07 AM
Re: email confirmations

There is a problem with the hojo.com site with email confirmations. We are working with the corporate folks on the redisign of the enitre website and improvements in functionality. You may email us at stay@hojoanaheim.com and our staff will send out a confirmation by email or snailmail.

Thanks!

jrsharp21
11-16-2004, 09:23 AM
Re: email confirmations

There is a problem with the hojo.com site with email confirmations. We are working with the corporate folks on the redisign of the enitre website and improvements in functionality. You may email us at stay@hojoanaheim.com and our staff will send out a confirmation by email or snailmail.

Thanks!

Thanks for all your info!!! It is nice to have an insite at one of the hotels. See you guys on Friday morning!

stinkerbell
11-16-2004, 11:11 PM
I got a great rate for the week between Christmas and New Years (prices can get crazy that week!) through www.hotelclub.com (http://www.hotelclub.com) and they were able to beat the HoJo rate by $34/night for that week. I found hotelclub through Travelaxe, and I can't recommend it enough!

Just FYI.

We LOVE HoJo's!!! :)

JosieGirl71
11-17-2004, 11:38 AM
Stinkerbell, You are one lucky gal! I checked that website but couldn't find HoJo's. Have you used that website before?

stinkerbell
11-17-2004, 02:36 PM
I actually haven't hotelclub before (we found the rate at hotelclub through Travelaxe), but I called HoJo after I got the confirmation email and we're prepaid, including taxes and fees for five nights. In fact, when I called HoJo initially, they couldn't match the price we got, and encouraged me to find a better rate somewhere else, as long as we stayed there. I thought that was a pretty cool attitude. :) hotelclub has a pretty good cancellation policy, too. So far, I'm pretty impressed.

I've used HotelKingdom.com before and LOVED them. They had great customer service and would answer questions by phone, which was comforting. I have used Travelaxe before (it's a program you have to download, but it's completely safe and usually very thorough and accurate), and it's always worked out great for me.

I've never found great rates through Lodging.com or expedia or any other sight it seems like. In fact, I think it was expedia that had a jacked up price on Dec. 30th for many of their hotels. The prices went from $100 to $330 in some instances. Insane! hotelclub had the same price every night that week, including NYE.

Have fun! I just read your signature! You and your family are going to have a blast!! :)

JosieGirl71
11-17-2004, 06:01 PM
I have Travelaxe, mainly just to check going rates. I haven't made any ressies using it yet. I would have loved to get that rate at HoJo's for my sister. She and her boyfriend are going with us and they are starving college students so a rate that low would have been great for them!

Have fun on your trip!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 06:08 PM
I reserved a room at HoJo's for 10 nights through mousesavers.com and got a really good rate. When I called to cancel the last 4 nights but wanting to keep the first 6 nights, I was told that they would have to charge me the current mousesavers.com rate which averaged out to $10 more per night. :eek:

Is this normal?

this doesnt sound right..i would really inquire about this..say you want to talk to their supervisor

Darkbeer
11-17-2004, 08:06 PM
this doesnt sound right..i would really inquire about this..say you want to talk to their supervisor
FYI, the problem has been solved, HoJo's Anaheim will honor the original rate... sounds like the guest called the National Phone Center, which booked the rooms with the same discount code, but the rates had changed...

Contacting the staff directly at HoJo's Anaheim solved the problem, they are great folks to work with....:fez: