PDA

View Full Version : End Date - Believe... In Holiday Magic

Wendi
11-14-2004, 12:26 PM
Does it end on January 2nd? I want to go back so bad... even though I shouldn't even be thinking of going back until May! But I keep thinking about going in January because I just can't stop obsessing. When does Believe stop?

DLRCM
11-14-2004, 01:12 PM
I believe its the first week of January.

Was anyone there last night? They had some technical difficulties and halfway through the show, the fireworks wouldn't work!! And it was my favorite part too: When the castle turns green and they play the song from the Nutcracker and fireworks shoot from the front of the castle. It was sad. They said it was due to high winds, but I think it was faulty fireworks. If there were high winds, they wouldnt have started the show to being with (That happened to me last December with high winds). Fortunately, they still turned on "White Christmas" followed by the snow. So people were a little less angry.

Darkbeer
11-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Wendi, you go the right date, SUnday January 2nd will be the last day for the Holiday Believe Fireworks, and if the Columbia is back up and running, will be the last fireworks show until May 5th.

Sheila
11-14-2004, 02:29 PM
Was anyone there last night? They had some technical difficulties and halfway through the show, the fireworks wouldn't work!! And it was my favorite part too: When the castle turns green and they play the song from the Nutcracker and fireworks shoot from the front of the castle. It was sad. They said it was due to high winds, but I think it was faulty fireworks. If there were high winds, they wouldnt have started the show to being with (That happened to me last December with high winds). Fortunately, they still turned on "White Christmas" followed by the snow. So people were a little less angry.

I was sitting over at IASW. Ash was raining down on us and my eyes were stinging like crazy. As far as that section of the park goes, it was totally appropriate to shut down the fireworks. Imagine if some of the ash embers landed on dry brush... Eeek!

I just felt bad for the folks where it was the only time they'd get to see the holiday fireworks. At least I've got my AP and can come back another time.

Oh well, better safety than show in this case.

Sheila

paulca
11-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Wendi the end of the Believe Fireworks is Jan 2, 2005. It is such a great show I have it on video tape if you would like a copy. At least you can see it and listen to the music. Have a Happy Holiday Season!! Come back for the fireworks - Believe!!

kbanmen
11-14-2004, 04:30 PM
Does it end on January 2nd? I want to go back so bad... even though I shouldn't even be thinking of going back until May! But I keep thinking about going in January because I just can't stop obsessing. When does Believe stop?

I work at california adventure and I had heard it does end the first week of january..sorry

Mukta
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM

I was over by the castle. I was also very sad for the people who aren't able to come back. The snow by the castle wasn't working very well because of the wind. It wouldn't come down at all in some areas.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-14-2004, 09:07 PM
I was just going to post about this, hoping it was going to be on through Jan. Bummer.
I am sorry for those that didn't get to see the fireworks. Our view was partially blocked when we watched them, on the 5th, by a tree on Main Street but it was still incredibly magical. We watched the video again today.

QueenAlisha
11-15-2004, 07:23 AM
we were there sat. it was crapy that the forewprks got shut off, but you could tell it was getting windy. my poor neice started to cry! at least they did the snow.

sunnyca
11-17-2004, 11:56 PM
I believe its the first week of January.

What was with that on Saturday?! I was there on Thursday and everything was perfect. I didn't believe their whole "high winds" excuse. What was even more terrible, I had my friend from Colorado visiting me and it was her first time at Disneyland and we purposely stayed longer to watch the fireworks. And her being from Colorado didn't need to see the snow. We needed to see some fireworks!!! So very sad!

PhilMP
11-18-2004, 12:09 AM
Remember, wind at higher elevations can be much different than wind at ground level. Also, DFD releases balloons before the show, and at moments during the show. If any of the balloons travel either east or south, they make the decision to stop the show.

If you want an early reminder, take a look at the tall fir trees next to the castle, if the tops are moving rather hard, it's safe to say that they will at least be pushing the crowds back, if not cancelling the show altogether.

bandboy1985
11-18-2004, 10:10 AM
What was with that on Saturday?! I was there on Thursday and everything was perfect. I didn't believe their whole "high winds" excuse. What was even more terrible, I had my friend from Colorado visiting me and it was her first time at Disneyland and we purposely stayed longer to watch the fireworks. And her being from Colorado didn't need to see the snow. We needed to see some fireworks!!! So very sad!

we had a lengthy meeting about it the following week. as it's been said, it's always possible for winds to change in the ten-minute window of the show. especially with the new air launch systems throwing the show "lower" in the sky than last year, wind drift is a primary concern on small world mall.

safety comes before show- simple as that.

Sheila
11-18-2004, 10:37 AM

Actually, where we were sitting at Small World Mall, ash was raining down on us and down on all the shrubs and trees in the area. If the winds are calm, that never happens. It was very unsafe. Although I was disappointed to see the show stopped, for safety's sake, it was the right decision.

Sheila