PDA

View Full Version : It's my sister's 50th Bday w/Dland next year, any ideas?

IHeartDizland
11-14-2004, 09:03 AM
I am organizing a 50th birthday celebration at Dland next June for my sister (Yep, the same age as Disneyland) and I am looking for suggestions for a unique bday experience for her other than what is already provided at the park (Goofy's Kitchen, Plaza Inn, etc).

We, unfortunately, no longer have our connection into Club 33 :crying: so that is out and I believe that they no longer offer 'special bday prizes' like back in the 1990's such as piloting the Mark Twain or riding in the engine on a Dland railroad train complete with certificate.

If any one knows of anything uniquely special that I can organized for my sister, I would really appreciate it!!!

I will be visiting the resort during Thanksgiving Weekend, so any suggestions before then would be nice and then I could check out while I am there. (I live in Northern CA)

Thanks for the help and have a great Disney Day!!!

ozbeauticn
11-14-2004, 09:06 AM
We, unfortunately, no longer have our connection into Club 33 :crying: so that is out and I believe that they no longer offer 'special bday prizes' like back in the 1990's such as piloting the Mark Twain or riding in the engine on a Dland railroad train complete with certificate.

You can still drive the Mark Twain, although it isn't just for a birthday. If you board the Mark Twain and are the first group up and ask them if you can drive they will usually let you, especially if it IS your birthday. You also still get a certificate.

crinklebat
11-14-2004, 12:29 PM
My dad's turning 50 too! I always joke that I never know how old anyone else is (myself included) but I always know my dad's age because he's as old as Disneyland.

rentayenta
11-14-2004, 01:59 PM
I know that she can get a birthday button but I am not sure what else. We will be there for my DD's birthday and would also like some ideas. Maybe you could get her silhouette done? If she has one from her childhood it might be fun to compare them. Maybe get her a shirt made with something about it being her bday and DL's? I would definetly make her wear ears.

Wendi
11-14-2004, 02:24 PM
I am organizing a 50th birthday celebration at Dland next June for my sister (Yep, the same age as Disneyland) and I am looking for suggestions for a unique bday experience for her other than what is already provided at the park (Goofy's Kitchen, Plaza Inn, etc).

If any one knows of anything uniquely special that I can organized for my sister, I would really appreciate it!!!

I will be visiting the resort during Thanksgiving Weekend, so any suggestions before then would be nice and then I could check out while I am there. (I live in Northern CA)

Thanks for the help and have a great Disney Day!!!

I would arrange for a nice dinner at one of the restaurants... they are very accomodating and I've made special arrangements a few times for parties (Storyteller's Cafe & Ariel's Grotto). You can always do the "Happiest Birthdays on Earth" at the Plaza Inn too, but you don't need to rely on a canned party if you'd rather have something else. Make sure she gets a Birthday sticker or button and go on the Mission Tortilla Factory Tour that day, she will get a stack of tortillas instead of just one.

Ask to pilot the Mark Twain for sure!
Ask to sit in the nose cone of the monorail on one trip, and the tail cone on another.
Get an autographed photo of her favorite character (from City Hall I think, or if you are staying in a property hotel they do it at the front desk).

kbanmen
11-14-2004, 04:34 PM
since its disney's 50th, I bet they will honor guests who also turn 50. I would prossibly call disney and inquire about that. and say you want to do something special

bassett1976
11-14-2004, 06:08 PM
May I suggest the Fantasmic Dessert package from the Disney Gallery. My wife and I decided to splurge on this during our honeymoon. It was worth every penny. We got the seating for the first Fantasmic showing of the evening and were able to watch the fireworks after Fantasmic from the balcony of the Disney Gallery. But, you have to call in really early about 60 days in advance to get the seating that is available.

IHeartDizland
11-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! We have previously done the Fantasmic Dessert, so I think we will forgo that one. I'll look into the Mark Twain piloting and ask around for other suggestions when I go down to the park during Thanksgiving. Maybe we'll 'do' one of the tours.

QueenAlisha
11-17-2004, 03:33 PM
They sell a hat (if she will wear it) thats shaped liek a birthdya cake and the candles light up. we had one done for a friends birthday and they put her name on it for free too!
Also we learned if you stand on main street waiting for fireworks and start singing happy birthday everyone joins in! that was the highlight of the day!

kbanmen
11-17-2004, 03:50 PM
They sell a hat (if she will wear it) thats shaped liek a birthdya cake and the candles light up. we had one done for a friends birthday and they put her name on it for free too!
Also we learned if you stand on main street waiting for fireworks and start singing happy birthday everyone joins in! that was the highlight of the day!

Ive seen those hats..they are soooo cute...Im agree if you start signing happy birhtday the whole crowd will and that would be sooo great

RemainSeatedPlease
11-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Make sure you go to the tortilla factory in DCA! They will give you a whole stack of tortillas if you linger around in there long enough for them to see u're sticker and stack the tortilla's. (my one friend went through and said they didn't give her any...so I went back in with her and made sure the guy saw it was her b-day...sure enough we ate tortillas all day)