PDA

View Full Version : Penny Sleeper

BJW
11-14-2004, 03:50 AM
On my trek to the park this month I will be staying at the Penny Sleeper. It's been about 10 years since I've been to this hotel. Does anyone on here know if it is any good? I noticed they have a free continental breakfast now which they did not have before. Are the rooms clean and is noise usually not a problem? Just curious.

Leap for Joy
11-14-2004, 07:13 AM
BJW, check this thread, it isn't getting very good reviews:
Penny Sleeper Inn (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33972&highlight=penny+sleeper)

BQ2
11-14-2004, 11:51 AM
Does anyone on here know if it is any good? I noticed they have a free continental breakfast now which they did not have before. Are the rooms clean and is noise usually not a problem? Just curious.

We stayed there once 3 years ago. The continental breakfast was Tang and toast! On the bright side, It was cheap and close to DLR. BQ2

BJW
11-14-2004, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the help. It doesn't sound very promising. Hmm...Tang & toast. Doesn't sound like much of a breakfast. I guess now I know why my grandmother slipped the other day and called it the "Penny Pincher." :D She seems to be set on us staying there as we have four people and she wants us to conserve as much cash this trip as possible. I just hope that she learns how bad it is this time around so we don't have to stay there again.

BJW
11-14-2004, 08:52 PM
I noticed in reading the thread you referred me to that someone Wendy knows called it the "Penny Pincher" too. Small world (no pun intended), they must have had the same idea. I'm considering trying to talk the other members of my party out of this and cancelling the reservation. Has anyone on here had a good experience with this hotel or has it been all bad?