PDA

View Full Version : How could I forget to share - regarding the silhouette and parasol

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-13-2004, 09:11 PM
I got my parasol! I have wanted one since I was a little girl. I showed it to my mom, she came at the end of our week to meet us and she said she was sorry she didn't get me one as a child and demanded to reimburse me for it. LOL I just got the small one, in pink with my name on it and it is proudly displayed in my room. Tonight my son was talking about all the souveniers he got and he said "Mommy I am glad you got a little umbrella." HEHE

AND I got the silhouette of my youngest. Some of you may remember that I neglected to get his done on his first trip to DL, as I did with my older son and felt guilty. Thankfully that trip was just 6 months ago so he hadn't changed much. It is so cute. To make his even more special I got the Mickey frame that came with it.

This was a productive trip to DL, especially in the souvenier department.

I Heart Disneyland!
11-13-2004, 10:23 PM
I've always looked at those parasols too and thought they were so darn cute! I never bought one for my daughter either....I guess I am a rotten mom! :) Glad you finally got a long deserved parasol.

rentayenta
11-14-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm glad you got a parasol, I remember you saying you wanted one. My girls have them and love them :)

CoasterChickie
11-14-2004, 10:43 AM
I am really happy for you...I know how much both meant to you!!! :)

itig
11-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I've been meaning to post this and this seems like a good thread :)

When we went down in October we had a silhouette made of our two boys (3 and 1 years old). I was completely blown away watching the lady there making these. Her hands move so fast and she really captured the look of our boys. What an extremely talented woman! We also got the Mickey frame to go with it. I would recommend this to anyone and it's really not very expensive. I think it was 15.00 for both of them. If you don't want to buy one, peer in the window just to get a glimpe of this artist at work. 21 days until our next trip! (tick...tock...tick...tock...)

Wendi
11-14-2004, 03:00 PM
Yay! I'm glad you got both. I want to see your parasol!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-14-2004, 09:10 PM
Wendi, I will take a picture of it for you. I can't believe I didn't show it to you, I had it the night we saw you going in to the park for the believe sneak peek. Guess I didn't think about it.

I too am amazed at the artist. It is amazing. She just snips away, so fast. They are awesome.

Vegitabeta
11-15-2004, 12:29 AM
I want one but I always forget!

mad4mky
11-15-2004, 07:29 AM
That is soooo great that you bought the parasol! :D

I know how it is to want something so bad when you are a child, and you never get it. So, on one trip down to DL...we bought the parasol for our youngest daughter (she got purple!).

My girls tease me every time we go to DL, about something that I always wanted as a little girl, but never got. They always talk about buying me one now...and I tell them not to spend their money on me. Mine was simpler than yours. I just always wanted the double Mickey Mouse balloons. You know, the Mickey Mouse head balloon, inside the clear oval balloon?? As a kid, I wanted one sooooo bad. For years...and my parents would never buy one, as they said they didn't want to haul it back in the car all the way home (we lived in the SF Bay Area at the time, or Placerville area).

So, every time my girls see those darn balloons (which are much bigger and better now a days! :) )...they tease me about it. Always. :( Little buggers... ;)

Glad that you made your wish come true. And, silhouettes are cool. I have them of my three girls...both alone, and together. :)