PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness

Pages : [1] 2 3

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-12-2004, 08:21 PM
I went on this ride for the first time last week on our visit. I didn't like it at all. My almost 5yo nephew couldn't ride it enough and my stepdad was getting tired of going on it with him, so I volunteered. I am a roller coaster fan, but this ride scared me! I didn't like how it would go straight to the edge and whip around, felt like it was just going to dive off to the ground. Anyone else not like the ride?

sdfilmcritic
11-12-2004, 08:49 PM
I like the ride. I thought it was funny how much the ride mirrors the Technic Coaster at LEGOland, CA. Both attractions were designed and manufactured by the same engineering company, and they didn't have to do too much chaning with the premise of the attraction. Years ago I was trained to operate the one at LLC when the ride first opened up. I think the ride is fun, but it does tend to get boring after awhile.

CoasterChickie
11-12-2004, 09:10 PM
I think kids tend to like it and grownups don't . I think it's bacause all of us who drive know that something is just not right! If we were facing that situation on the road it would be an emergency requiring extremely good driving skills! I don't care much for the whiplash factor either!

SallySkellington
11-12-2004, 09:25 PM
I think kids tend to like it and grownups don't .

I agree with this theory. I loved Mulholland Madness, but my mom was so freaked out by it.

Photographer
11-13-2004, 06:26 AM
This one time on Mulholland Madness...I was the first and only person on the ride and it decided not to function properly. The car went, stopped, went stopped, (whistling), I sat there waiting for a CM to come and get me. Eventually the car made it through the entire ride. When I got off no one said anything to me. They'd closed it down.

Dlandmom
11-13-2004, 06:48 AM
I didn't like how it would go straight to the edge and whip around, felt like it was just going to dive off to the ground. Anyone else not like the ride?

Same here. I always thought I was going to plummet 50 feet down into the concrete!

rentayenta
11-13-2004, 07:11 AM
It scared the crud out of my 7 y/o too. It's just like a ride we have here at a local (lame) amusement park.

TikiGeek
11-13-2004, 08:07 AM
It reminds me of the lame carnival ride "Wild Mouse" - to me it's just a bigger version of that ride.

Wendi
11-13-2004, 08:15 AM
I went on it 2 years ago and absolutely hated it... but I hated it because it just banged me up and jerked me around. Now that I realize that the whole concept of the ride is to make you feel like you're falling off the edge... I MAY brave it again to see if I like the feeling now that I know what it's supposed to be about. It is definitely not a "must do" for me though, just open to the possibility of riding it again.

D-lander 1956
11-13-2004, 08:15 AM
It reminds me of the lame carnival ride "Wild Mouse" - to me it's just a bigger version of that ride.

That is EXACTLY what it is-the Wild Mouse at all cheesy amusement parks and travelling fairs. Including the whiplash and back ache thrills . . . I hate this ride and what it stands for, cheap and off the rack! :mad:

MrsG
11-13-2004, 08:16 AM
Yes, it is the same ride we used to go on at the county fair call Mad Mouse. Lame Paradise Pier ride. :mad:

nightdesigns
11-13-2004, 08:19 AM
I too hate that ride. I was getting thrown all over the place, and I'm a good 170lbs. I felt like I was going to sail off the edge every time it turned. If they banked it just a little, I think we'd all like it a lot better.

Disney Vault
11-13-2004, 08:26 AM
I want that ride gone. It is one of those rides that imo makes DCA look bad.

figmentspark
11-13-2004, 08:28 AM
Call me a nerd but... :geek:

I think that Madness is a great ride. Half the fun (to me at least) is the feeling that you are about to fall off the edge. It's not just me either, I have several friends who love it (and several friends who don't, come to think of it...) :cool:

BayAreaDisneyFan
11-13-2004, 08:51 AM
I'm a big coaster fan, but have had trouble with a bulging disc in my low back for the past year or so. Strong jerks one way or another = BAD.

My wife (a physical therapist) has cleared me to ride most DL and DCA attractions, but strictly forbids this one. Rode it once before she warned me and regretted it. Matterhorn also is a bit rough for me, but worth it :)

Screamin' on the other hand is so smooth, and so fast, that it actually gives me a traction effect that makes my back feel better! Does that mean I can deduct my AP as a medical expense?

millionairegirl
11-13-2004, 09:02 AM
I love it! I think it's an extremely smooth ride too (unless they need to e-stop really fast). Yes, it needs more 'themeing', but I think it's really fun.

My sister loves it even more than I do. In fact two years ago she was in the Hot Seat at WWTBAMPI! in MGM and they found out she was from California and they asked her what her favorite ride was at Disneyland and she said MM. CRICKETS from the entire audience. She was mortified, but I still get the giggles about it.

We took my Mom on this, and she about died. Her screams were extremely funny to everybody but her.

Susan L
11-13-2004, 09:38 AM
I also love this ride. I also like the real Mulholland drive just don't drive on it with some one who is not a good driver then it becomes really scary.

Christiii
11-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Call me a nerd but... :geek:

I think that Madness is a great ride. Half the fun (to me at least) is the feeling that you are about to fall off the edge. It's not just me either, I have several friends who love it (and several friends who don't, come to think of it...) :cool:
me too!! a friend of mine and I rode it while wating for the parade..we thought it was just a baby ride and we just hysterically all thru it...the next time we rode it, there was a 15 old tought looking kid in front of us and he screamed like a girl thru the whole thing...I just think its so funny to ride the thing, becasuse you aleays think its going to be tamer than it is :eek:

LoveDL
11-13-2004, 10:37 AM
Our family loves this ride! Dh and I can only take it about 2 times, then we sit down in the shade trees by the ride and watch them go on it again and again.
Dawn
PS...Christii, I hope you see this note, do you own the dog shop on Pine st. in Lodi?

Christiii
11-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Our family loves this ride! Dh and I can only take it about 2 times, then we sit down in the shade trees by the ride and watch them go on it again and again.
Dawn
PS...Christii, I hope you see this note, do you own the dog shop on Pine st. in Lodi?
nope..thats kind of a goofy shop...Im on the corner of Orange and Lodi Ave..are you in Lodi?? come visit :-) the shop called is Mon Petit Chic...Im here slaaaaving away til 4 :D

Vegitabeta
11-13-2004, 11:23 AM
It's far too jerky.

arielova
11-13-2004, 11:26 AM
I've been to DCA so many times and have never been on it. I get fast a pass for it, then always find something else to do. I WILL be going on it next time. That'll be in a few weeks.

SCUBAbe
11-13-2004, 11:40 AM
I'm a grown up and I like it. it's fun to ride every once in a while, but we don't go on it on every visit. :)

LoveDL
11-13-2004, 11:51 AM
Whenever we have been to DCA at this time of year, there is NO lines for that ride, so the kids get off and on lots of times. My body would be hurting as much as they ride it!
Dawn
PS...Christiii, you are in the old iron store behind the pizza place? Yes, I am in Lodi, real close by to you, Avena/Pine St. area is where I live. I'll have to stop in, I saw your article in the paper severel weeks back and wondered if you where the one from this site, glad to have another DL fan so close :) ! We also have a dog.

Christiii
11-13-2004, 12:02 PM
Whenever we have been to DCA at this time of year, there is NO lines for that ride, so the kids get off and on lots of times. My body would be hurting as much as they ride it!
Dawn
PS...Christiii, you are in the old iron store behind the pizza place? Yes, I am in Lodi, real close by to you, Avena/Pine St. area is where I live. I'll have to stop in, I saw your article in the paper severel weeks back and wondered if you where the one from this site, glad to have another DL fan so close :) ! We also have a dog.
hey neighbor!
yep Im where the Iron Gate used to be..anmd I live over on Locust near California..we are close!!
Ive only got about 10% pet stuff..the other is furniture and gifts, so its kind of something for everybody :D
sorry to be off topic..so..I STILL love M Madness!!