PDA

View Full Version : Standing ovations at the Hyperion? Who knew?

Morrigoon
12-02-2001, 10:49 PM
Wow, 10 of us went and saw BLAST! after the potluck today. VERY imressive. Definitely a must see. Hard to believe a show like Steps in Time ever even used the same theater.

If they keep this kind of thing up (eg: doing 40-minute versions of major broadway productions), then the Hyperion will be well used in the future.

Not Afraid
12-02-2001, 10:58 PM
I wholeheartedly agree. I was very impressed. This is quite a departure for DL in California. There isn't a Disney theme to the show, just entertaining and fun performances. I hope they keep something of this caliber in that venue.

dsnyredhead
12-03-2001, 05:11 AM
This show is definitely a BLAST!

donkthemagicllama
12-03-2001, 07:33 AM
Any chance it'll still be there next May? My girlfriend and I are huge drumcorps/marching band fans and would love to see Blast! I saw Star of Indianna a few years back (this is the predecessor of Blast!) and if it's half as good as that, it must be amazing.

80S ERA
12-03-2001, 08:35 AM
My fiance and I saw it yesterday (Dec 2nd) and it was great! Its nice to see the hollywood area packed for a change. The line entering the theater went all the way back to the entrance of the hollywood section! Luckily, "Chance to Shine" was performing to keep everyone entertained.

Good show.

Ghoulish Delight
12-03-2001, 08:42 AM
You were at the park yesterday and you didn't join the potluck?! For shame.

Blast was indeed great. Let's see, my two favorite classes of instruements are drums and brass. Yeah, I think I liked it :D It was definitely good to see that line. The Chance to Shine ladies were really funny about dealing with the fact that there was a queue going through their 'stage.'

Mad Madam Mim
12-03-2001, 09:18 AM
I LOVED it and my Sparky Girl has made it quite clear that she wants to see it again... We go every Friday and we plan to see it as often as we go to the parks...

I really do not belive I will get sick of it...

and Sparky.... her face lit up... she was as much fun to watch.... watching the show, as the show was to watch... did that follow, I think I got lost on that one... oh well hope you get my point, maybe not, I didn't get my point wait... here it is.

I enjoyed watching my daughter watch the show as much as I enjoyed watching the show... that's better... OK... I'm done.

Techie7
12-03-2001, 09:21 AM
The show was great I saw it twice on Friday the 30th. On the first showing Eisner and Harris were sitting behind me with some other suits. Hope they continue to run this great show

80S ERA
12-03-2001, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Techie7
The show was great I saw it twice on Friday the 30th. On the first showing Eisner and Harris were sitting behind me with some other suits. Hope they continue to run this great show Yeah, and if you sat close enough to them, you could hear someone say,"How much do we pay each of them? Can't we get that any lower?":rolleyes:

80S ERA
12-03-2001, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
You were at the park yesterday and you didn't join the potluck?! For shame.
It was a spur-of-the-moment trip. I forgot that the potluck was yesterday!:crying:

papajorgio
12-03-2001, 04:34 PM
Just remember, Flashback! was the first and the only thing that sold out the Hyperion to date.

Go Green team!!....we are the best.

nick.

slaakker
12-03-2001, 08:54 PM
Just got back to LV after visiting DL. Blast was awesome! Saw it twice over our visit. Standing ovation each time. Great group of performers!

zapppop
12-03-2001, 09:04 PM
Wow!

A hit show in DCA! That IS news !