PDA

View Full Version : Bags for Disneyland purchases

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
I think they need a new design. The yellow bag with the "stamps" is getting a bit old. Anyone think they will have a new design for the 50th? I bet they will.

kbanmen
11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
I think they need a new design. The yellow bag with the "stamps" is getting a bit old. Anyone think they will have a new design for the 50th? I bet they will.

I am sure they will.. I work for disneyland and they say there will be ALOT of changes for the 50th..alot..they wont let us in on what yet though..all I know if the refurbishments of the rides..so us cast memebrs are in the dark

splashmtngurl
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM
i hope its like umm...pink and blue. NO MORE YELLOW!!!

Susan L
11-12-2004, 04:33 PM

I agree and I sure hope they do get a new design. I put those bags to good use. They are cool to stuff presents in for birthdays, christmas, and just to give a present. The big ones I use to start stuffing stuff in for the next trip.

MrsG
11-12-2004, 04:36 PM
The yellow bag with the "stamps" is getting a bit old.

So true! So tired of the same old design. We have new napkins - how 'bout a new bag?

AaronInCal
11-12-2004, 11:52 PM
How long did they have the those bags that they had before California Adventure opened? You know, the ones that were basically black and white and said "Disneyland" across the bottom and had either Mickey's face or just ears at the top? All I can remember is they had them when I started going to the park often after 1997...

I Heart Disneyland!
11-12-2004, 11:58 PM
I miss the old days when the bags were DISNEYLAND only. Boo hoo! :crying: A friend went to DisneyWorld (Magic Kingdom?) last week and brought me surprises and their bags are specifically JUST DisneyWorld, not EPCOT, Disney, MGM, blah, blah. Ah for the good ol' Disneyland bags. CAN'T WAIT to see all of the 50th events!!!!

I Heart Disneyland!
11-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Anyone else a dork who keeps the bags? I have the black and white ones and the ones before those! :) Can't let go of them!!!

Vegitabeta
11-13-2004, 12:51 AM
Yep, they're like free souvenirs aren't they?!
We have absoloutely LOADS from WDW (been three times) and quite a few from DL (only been once)...then there's Seaworld ones and Universal Studios ones...bag madness! :p

MrsG
11-13-2004, 07:56 AM
Anyone else a dork who keeps the bags? I have the black and white ones and the ones before those! :) Can't let go of them!!!

ummm.... yeah. Another dork here. (I think we prefer the term "reality challenged") I have some of the white with Mickey bags. And it looks like we should save a few of the yellow bags since they will probably change for the 50th.

bluepearl
11-13-2004, 04:41 PM
How long did they have the those bags that they had before California Adventure opened? You know, the ones that were basically black and white and said "Disneyland" across the bottom and had either Mickey's face or just ears at the top? All I can remember is they had them when I started going to the park often after 1997...

I believe it was just the silhouette of Mickey's head, tilted downward. Whatever was leftover was phased out through Company D. When we used to go once a year, we rarely ever bought anything so I didn't even remember those bags until the time I went to Company D with my cousins.

If there are new bags made, I hope they are made in the spirit of WDW's bags. Each sized bag was a different color, which made it easy to diffentiate amongst the sizes. As a former Merchandise CM, I think that that was a cool idea to make sure we were choosing the right sized bag for the items, plus I'm sure it made for easier picking in the stockroom when the bags needed to be replenished.

And I still have my bags from WDW. And DLP. :p

D-lander 1956
11-13-2004, 05:29 PM

Boy, if you think you're a dork for saving bags, what do you call someone who stocks up on the napkins too! I know this sounds weird, but I am very crafty and find all kinds of uses for them. We just returned from WDW 2 weeks ago and I brought home a stack. They had brown napkins with Mickey and WDW printed on them. I carefully tore them in different shapes around the printed areas and decopaged (sp?) them on an old wood frame, rotating the napkins all over the wood areas. Then sprayed a high gloss clear coat and VOILA! a souvenir frame for a WDW photo! :D

Disney Vault
11-13-2004, 06:52 PM
Can you show a picture of that? It sounds so creative.

Wendi
11-13-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey, I've got the PAPER bag that my silhouettes came in... I was probably around 5 years old... so the bag is nearly 30 years old. It's yellow with fireworks on it I think...

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
11-13-2004, 09:08 PM
Boy, if you think you're a dork for saving bags, what do you call someone who stocks up on the napkins too! I know this sounds weird, but I am very crafty and find all kinds of uses for them. We just returned from WDW 2 weeks ago and I brought home a stack. They had brown napkins with Mickey and WDW printed on them. I carefully tore them in different shapes around the printed areas and decopaged (sp?) them on an old wood frame, rotating the napkins all over the wood areas. Then sprayed a high gloss clear coat and VOILA! a souvenir frame for a WDW photo! :D

Bag dork here! I think they are so cool! Collector's items for sure.
I wish I was that crafty and would LOVE to see a picture of that!