PDA

View Full Version : [DL Vacation Countdown Thread] 37 days to go

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
I am having one of those days. We have only 37 days until we leave for our trip. I have been reading all the trip reports and looking at all of the pictures and I am so excited. I know I should enjoy the anticipation because it will be over before I know it. I don't know how much more I can plan but let me know if I am missing anything.

I have been e-mailing with John at Vacation Planning and let me tell you, this guy rocks! He bought me more Disney Dollars, got autographed pics for the kidlets-free, threw in 3 balloons for each child-free, and it will be waiting in our room upon arrival. He also arranged for the tree-not free and my DD's birthday button-free. He also said he would make a call to try and ensure that we are in the Sierra Tower. We are doing Goofy's Kitchen for Christmas morning breakfast and The Plaza Inn for DD's birthday on the 21st. They will each have $60 Disney Dollars to spend at the parks along with whatever they con us out of.

Thanks for indulging my mania :)

AliciasMom
11-12-2004, 04:21 PM
Three more days until Alicia's and my trip to the park. I'm really excited so I know how you feel. :)

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:24 PM
I think I'll need to be on oxygen when we have only 3 days left. Have a magical time and please give us all of the details when you return. What do you guys have planned, as if being at DL isn't enough? ;)

Susan L
11-12-2004, 04:29 PM
First off "woot woot" on your up coming trip. I've been going through withdrawals since we have been back. Sounds like John is the wonder man, he got you some great stuff, enjoy.

AliciasMom
11-12-2004, 04:36 PM
I hope to get a cute christmas photo of Alicia for our Christmas cards. We'll probably go on IASW and Dumbo five hundred times because those are her favorite rides. The two must sees for me are the haunted mansion and POTC but I will be happy just soaking up the Christmas atmosphere. We're having lunch with my best friend at the Blue Bayou. It's her first time there so I hope we can get a waterside table. Of course we'll have to visit Minnie Mouse. I just hope the line isn't too long at her house because we usually visit Minnie at Ariel's Grotto but we're not eating there this time around. I'm so excited! :)

DISNEYloon
11-12-2004, 04:37 PM
I think I'll need to be on oxygen when we have only 3 days left. ;)

LOL me too........plus i have to keep it a SECRET from my kids! Least you don't have to do that!

......and you're right, it WILL be here before you know it!

tink's mom
11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
I feel like I'm reading about me! We've got 34 more days til our trip and I've become an insomniac. I lay in bed, planning for the trip every night :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm Rachael. I'm new here. I've got a 4 and a half year old daughter and a 14 month old son. This will be our daughter's third trip to Disneyland, but she doesn't even remember the first two trips. But since I've been reading similar posts here I don't feel quite so weird about that :D

AliciasMom
11-12-2004, 04:45 PM
This will be our daughter's third trip to Disneyland, but she doesn't even remember the first two trips. But since I've been reading similar posts here I don't feel quite so weird about that :D

This will be my 18 month old daughter's 5th trip to the park so don't feel too bad. ;) I know she won't remember it but she has been such a good girl every trip. Minnie Mouse holds such a special place in her heart too. She doesn't react to the other characters like she does to Minnie Mouse and we can see it in the photos we have.

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:47 PM
LOL me too........plus i have to keep it a SECRET from my kids! Least you don't have to do that!

......and you're right, it WILL be here before you know it!

Ah but DISNEYloon, it is a secret! That's part of my pain ;) They have no clue. We told them that we are going to Vegas for DD's birthday and we are having her faux party in Vegas at The Rainforest Cafe- goodie bags and all. When we go to leave Vegas the next day, instead of heading toward home we are going to DL from Dec. 20-26/27. We will have her real party at The Plaza Inn on the Dec 21st which is her actual birthday. I have to smuggle their stockings and the few gifts that I have bought them. We always stop in vegas on the way to So Cal and I had to tell them smething because I don't know how would hide packing stuff for a 9 day trip.

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:50 PM
I feel like I'm reading about me! We've got 34 more days til our trip and I've become an insomniac. I lay in bed, planning for the trip every night :rolleyes:

By the way, I'm Rachael. I'm new here. I've got a 4 and a half year old daughter and a 14 month old son. This will be our daughter's third trip to Disneyland, but she doesn't even remember the first two trips. But since I've been reading similar posts here I don't feel quite so weird about that :D

Hi tink's mom. I have been taking my three kids since they were babies too. We are all sick here ;) I have planned this thing to death. I keep adding stuff on so I can keep planning.

Earkid
11-12-2004, 04:57 PM
It gets so hard to wait when the trip gets this close. I made our Holiday tour reservations for Dec. 10 at 5 pm. So it will be dark by the end of it.

I had called first thing the morning of Nov 10 to make the reservation and the CM was funbling around and kept having me repeat everything. I asked her if I was her first call of the day and she said yes and then we both laughed. She was very nice after that.

I can't believe I still have to survive Thanksgiving before we go. LOL

itig
11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
It gets so hard to wait when the trip gets this close. I made our Holiday tour reservations for Dec. 10 at 5 pm. So it will be dark by the end of it.

I had called first thing the morning of Nov 10 to make the reservation and the CM was funbling around and kept having me repeat everything. I asked her if I was her first call of the day and she said yes and then we both laughed. She was very nice after that.

I can't believe I still have to survive Thanksgiving before we go. LOL

Man, I can't keep up with all of these special events and stuff :)

What's the Holiday Tour???

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Earkid, I see you are doing the Gingerbread House activity; that sounds like a blast. What does the holiday tour entail? Thank goodness Thanksgiving is on the horizon as it will give me something else to focus on.

tink's mom
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Ah but DISNEYloon, it is a secret! That's part of my pain ;) They have no clue. We told them that we are going to Vegas for DD's birthday and we are having her faux party in Vegas at The Rainforest Cafe- goodie bags and all. When we go to leave Vegas the next day, instead of heading toward home we are going to DL from Dec. 20-26/27. We will have her real party at The Plaza Inn on the Dec 21st which is her actual birthday. I have to smuggle their stockings and the few gifts that I have bought them. We always stop in vegas on the way to So Cal and I had to tell them smething because I don't know how would hide packing stuff for a 9 day trip.
I can just imagine how excited your kid's will be. When my brothers and I were kids Our parents told us we were going to visit some friends of theirs. A couple of hours later we were getting off the freeway at Disneyland. When we questioned this my Dad said there was construction on the freeway and that we had to take a detour through the DL parking lot. We actually bought this story until our parents parked and fessed up.

This trip is a surprise for our daughter too. She knows we're going at some point, but we're not tellin her til we're actually there!

itig
11-12-2004, 05:04 PM
^^^^ I see you are doing the Gingerbread House activity; that sounds like a blast. What does the holiday tour entail?

OK, now I also need to know about the Gingerbread House activity. I know they do the cookie decorating at the firehouse (yes?)...but where does the gingerbread goodness occur? </newbie blathering>

Earkid
11-12-2004, 05:05 PM
Hi Yenta,

From what I have heard, the tour explains all the holiday decor and traditions at DL and you also get front row seats for the holiday parade where they give you hot chocolate and a treat. I think you get to ride IASW and HM too. You are supposed to get an ornament and a special pin. I'll post a trip report on both of my events when I get back. I cant wait to hear about your "surprise" trip. :)

Earkid
11-12-2004, 05:08 PM
OK, now I also need to know about the Gingerbread House activity. I know they do the cookie decorating at the firehouse (yes?)...but where does the gingerbread goodness occur? </newbie blathering>

Hi Tig,

I have never done it but here is what I know. It in DTD at Ralph Brennen's Jazz Kitchen. They teach you to make a gingerbread house and supply you with all the stuff. You get a t-shirt and refreshments and pic with santa. I know we have talked about it before but I cant find the link. :eek:

Oh, and you have to have reservations. I made mine a few weeks ago.

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 05:11 PM
Earkid, the tour sounds great. If you don't mind me asking, how much does the tour cost? That sounds like something fun. Did they have an age requirement? My youngest is 3 y/o.

I debated heavily if we should do the Fastasmic! dessert buffet but at $50 per person and us not being big dessert people, $250 seemed like an awful lot of cash to shell out for just a good seat.

itig
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
Hi Tig,

I have never done it but here is what I know. It in DTD at Ralph Brennen's Jazz Kitchen. They teach you to make a gingerbread house and supply you with all the stuff. You get a t-shirt and refreshments and pic with santa. I know we have talked about it before but I cant find the link. :eek:

Oh, and you have to have reservations. I made mine a few weeks ago.

Cool - I check into it.

just noticed your sig...we'll be at DL in December :)

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Cool - I check into it.

just noticed your sig...we'll be at DL in December :)

itig, in what part of Dec. will you be at DL?

itig
11-12-2004, 05:19 PM
itig, in what part of Dec. will you be at DL?

Well...it keeps shifting due to all the fun stuff I keep finding out about here :)

I just made reservations for the Candlelight dinner/show on the 5th, but our current hotel reservations are for Dec 7-12. I have to talk to my wife about possibly shifting it back for the dinner. But we'll for sure be there during that week. Can't wait...Casey Jr. here we come!

Earkid
11-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Yenta,

I couldn't find any age limitations for the holiday tour. We paid $39./ea because we are AP's. The regular price is $49.

Earkid
11-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Tig, Here is the info I found on the gingerbread thingy.

Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen's will be hosting their 2nd annual gingerbread house-building workshops in December. Tickets are $45 per party of two, ($10 for each additional person in your group). Participants will receive building supplies, refreshments, jingle bell, t-shirt, and a photo with Santa.The workshops on December 15 & 16 are reserved for passholders; workshops on December 11, 12, 18 and 19 are open to the general public. All workshops are from 1-3 p.m. Call (714) 776-5200 for reservations.

They may be sold out because I had to go back to a mid-October park update to find the info.

Good luck.

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 05:32 PM
<hanging head in shame> We don't have APs yet so it would be $250. Maybe I will give DH a well needed DL break -he's a freak- and leave him and DS and just take the girls..then it's only $150 :D The thought of drinking hot cocoa in a special seat while watching the parade is just about more than I can take right now!

I was going to get an AP on our last trip but when we got there DL was saluting firefighters so we got 5 day hoppers for $39 and DH's was free.

Earkid
11-12-2004, 05:37 PM
We desperately want to do the Fantasmic dessert thingy (that's my fav word) but chose to do the holiday tour since we could always do Fantasmic during a non-holiday trip.

I wish I had your kids yenta, we don't have any and DL is so fun with kids.