PDA

View Full Version : plaza inn character breakfast

izzysmom
11-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Has anyone been to the princess breakfast at the Plaza Inn? Going next month and I'm wondering if I should do that one or goofy's kitchen. Thanks for the info...

Emma
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
I prefer Goofy's-- The food is much better, IMOH :D The last two times we were there, both Alice and Jasmine where there-- My girl's loved it.

kbanmen
11-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Has anyone been to the princess breakfast at the Plaza Inn? Going next month and I'm wondering if I should do that one or goofy's kitchen. Thanks for the info...

I have been to neither (sorry)..but I work at california adventure and have heard rave reviews on the both of them. Guests and cast members have told me they are both great for family dining (as the characters go around the table to each guest). ANother one you might try is Ariel's Grotto at california adventure, my kids love this one, they ahve the little mermaid there as well as goofy, minnie mouse, chip and dale and pluto

AVP
11-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Has anyone been to the princess breakfast at the Plaza Inn? Going next month and I'm wondering if I should do that one or goofy's kitchen. Thanks for the info...I visited all three "new" Charater Breakfasts today to research an upcoming column, and really, really liked the new Princess breakfast.

Goofy's Kitchen has been tweaked quite a bit, but it's still the same basic concept.

The Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill is also quite wonderful. I'll have photos and descriptions later.

AVP

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
I visited all three "new" Charater Breakfasts today to research an upcoming column, and really, really liked the new Princess breakfast.

Goofy's Kitchen has been tweaked quite a bit, but it's still the same basic concept.

The Lilo & Stitch breakfast at the PCH Grill is also quite wonderful. I'll have photos and descriptions later.

AVP

Could you please explain the tweakness of Goofy's AVP? Thanks!

AVP
11-12-2004, 04:38 PM
Could you please explain the tweakness of Goofy's AVP? Thanks!

* New background music
* New character interaction "moments"
* Most importantly, new (and better, IMHO) food

AVP

rentayenta
11-12-2004, 04:57 PM
* New background music
* New character interaction "moments"
* Most importantly, new (and better, IMHO) food

AVP

Thank you. If they killed the Macarena I'll be even happier ;) I thought the food was pretty good and so did DH, he'll be happy.

AVP
11-12-2004, 05:32 PM
Thank you. If they killed the Macarena I'll be even happier ;)I was told they tried to, but they got complaints from the regulars and so put it back.

I'm not entirely sure how many "regulars" a character buffet can have, but that was the story.

I'm going to the Lilo & Stitch breakfast with friends Sunday, and I'm looking forward to that.

AVP

stan4d_steph
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
I was told they tried to, but they got complaints from the regulars and so put it back.Note to self: stay far, far away from Goofy's Kitchen.

tlovesdis
11-12-2004, 09:30 PM
I was very disappointed with Goofy's Kitchen when we were there in April. We went on a Sunday morning and it wasn't busy at all and the only character that came to our table was Pluto. We saw Aladdin and Goofy walking around, but they never came to the table.

So this time we decided to try the Plaza Inn breakfast. I am happy it is no\w Princesses (I am not a huge fan of Pooh and my 5 year old niece LOVES all things Princess!!). A few years ago we did the Plaza Inn and I thought the food was really good. The only thing I think is different between the two is that Goofy's has more lunch/dinner type stuff and desserts and Plaza is stircly breakfast.