PDA

View Full Version : $49.00 Two-Park Admission Question??

snappy
12-02-2001, 05:49 PM
I was at Disneyland on Saturday and was unfortunately behind a family who wanted to re-enter Disneyland after venturing to DCA for several hours. The cast member said they couldn't come back into the park because they used up their visits. Could this be? Why not just get your hand-stamped from both parks and park hop to your hearts content. Didn't stick around to find out what happend, but if anyone knows the procedures, thanks. Note 12/01 Disneyland was wall to wall people. :confused:

innerSpaceman
12-02-2001, 11:02 PM
Please someone give us the definitive answer on this. Need to know by Walt's Birthday, the 5th. How can they stop you from park hopping if you decide to use your "second day" on the very same day as the first day? How does using your DCA ticket invalidate your ability to get back into Disneyland, which you paid for?

Not Afraid
12-02-2001, 11:14 PM
I'm going to give my uneducated theory on this based on how I park hop as an AP.

Scenario 1: I go to DL on Wednesday. I leave DL & get my hand stamped and go to DCA. There I need to show them both my AP and my hand stamp. When I go back to DL I need to show them my AP again and my hand stamp. Each time I go through a gate they scan the bar code on the AP (or in your case ticket) at the entrance.

If you have a $49 ticket that doesn't allow park hopping and you follow Scenario 1 your ticket would be invalid for a park entrance after 1 entry. Since they scan the tickets they can keep track of this info.

Ace
12-03-2001, 03:38 PM
they scan your ticket?

Not Afraid
12-03-2001, 04:04 PM
Tickets have bar codes on them. That's how you get a fastpass.

Nigel2
12-03-2001, 09:23 PM
I think they changed it over to magnetic strips for tickets. Speaking of that, which system costs more the WDW entry and fp system where the only cm elemtent involved is more of assistance since the machines are like subway entry systems. Or disneyland with more involvment but cheaper machines.