PDA

View Full Version : What about Paradise Pier Hotel?

country bar
11-12-2004, 05:49 AM
We're thinking of staying at Paradise Pier in January (big savings for AP's.) What is the quickest/shortest method for getting into the parks -- either Magic Kingdom or Cal. Adventure? I've read a few things where people have complained about having to walk a long way.

stan4d_steph
11-12-2004, 05:55 AM
You're closer to DCA than Disneyland. I believe you can enter DCA through the GCH entrance since they've closed the PPH-guest entrance to DCA that was over by the Paradise Pier section of the park. You can either cross through DCA or walk through DTD to get to DL.

lisap
11-12-2004, 06:31 AM
It's only about five minutes more to DCA from the PPH if you cut through the Grand Ca's lobby to the GC's park entrance.

tinklover25
11-12-2004, 07:36 AM
I thought there was an etrance to DCA from PPH? Are you not able to use it anymore?

stan4d_steph
11-12-2004, 07:38 AM
I thought there was an etrance to DCA from PPH? Are you not able to use it anymore?It has been closed. Apparently the cost of keeping it open was too high given the amount of traffic it experienced.

Missing Marbles
11-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Additionally, you can walk to DTD and catch the Monorail to Disneyland. It is about the same distance as walking through GCH to DCA.

Susan L
11-12-2004, 05:10 PM
We're thinking of staying at Paradise Pier in January (big savings for AP's.) What is the quickest/shortest method for getting into the parks -- either Magic Kingdom or Cal. Adventure? I've read a few things where people have complained about having to walk a long way.

We have stayed at the PPH twice and loved it. You can get to DCA through the GCH or take the walk to the front entrance through DTD. You can get to DL at the monorail station in DTD. Ask for a room with a park view. Its a nice hotel. I was probably one of those people who complained about the long walk to and from the monorail station to DL and chose to stay at the DLH because of how close it was to the monorail. We relised that we gave up alot not staying at the PPH, we learned the $$$$$$ way that the walk is worth it.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
11-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I always liked the PP, but everytime I try and get it at the AP rate, it's always booked solid for the cheaper rooms.

SoCalDude
11-13-2004, 03:20 PM
We have gotten rides to DD from the PP. Just ask the valet (sp?) guys and they can zoom you over to the AMC area, then its just a quick hop to the Monorial. They say you can get a ride back, but we never have not done that yet.